Black Friday 2018

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
OnBoard
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 am

Black Friday 2018

Post by OnBoard » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:40 am

Share epic Black Friday deals with everyone.

What items, deals and/or bargains are calling your name this year?

User avatar
samsoes
Posts: 1355
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 am
Location: Northeast Rat Race

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by samsoes » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:56 am

None. I don't succumb.
"Happiness Is Not My Companion" - Gen. Gouverneur K. Warren. | (Avatar is the statue of Gen. Warren atop Little Round Top @ Gettysburg National Military Park.)

William4589
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by William4589 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 am

Surface Pro 6 from Costco with Type Cover, Stylus and i5 processor......$200 off.

go_mets
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by go_mets » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 am

Nothing planned but not saying I won't buy. :D

I did buy earlier in the month:
HSN Amazon Fire 7" tablet kids edition with case using $10 coupon from previous HSN purchase
the price was very good but not a "sale" so the coupon worked
price is less than Amazon's own Black Friday price

HSN 2-pack Amazon Fire HD 8 with custom cases with $20 off using Masterpass
price is less than Amazon's own Black Friday price

UpperNwGuy
Posts: 2545
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by UpperNwGuy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:00 am

I might order a thing or two online on Cyber Monday, but definitely not going into brick-and-mortar stores on Friday or Saturday.

runner3081
Posts: 2536
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by runner3081 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am

Not a single thing.

User avatar
arcticpineapplecorp.
Posts: 4455
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 am

today I saw an advertisement for "door busters". I can't believe companies still use that phrase but 2008 is a distant memory to some:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/wo ... cprox=true
http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/
"May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live" -- Irish Blessing | "Invest we must" -- Jack Bogle

jebmke
Posts: 9790
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by jebmke » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am

runner3081 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am
Not a single thing.
the older we get, the more we cut back on "things." We have a general rule - if you buy one thing you have to give away/throw away/recycle at least two things.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

shell921
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by shell921 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 am

jebmke wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am
runner3081 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am
Not a single thing.
the older we get, the more we cut back on "things." We have a general rule - if you buy one thing you have to give away/throw away/recycle at least two things.
+1
:D

User avatar
RickBoglehead
Posts: 4558
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 am
Location: In a house

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by RickBoglehead » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:49 am

Why reinvent the wheel? One of many sites already devoted to this: https://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.

TravelforFun
Posts: 1907
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by TravelforFun » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 am

Looking for an OLED 4k TV, 77" or bigger.

Also, what would be the best way to sell a 2-year-old, 65" LED TV? I'm trying to avoid craightlisting it.

TravelforFun

User avatar
whodidntante
Posts: 6553
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm
Location: outside the echo chamber

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by whodidntante » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:03 pm

I heard that Fidelity has index funds with 100% off the ER.

runner3081
Posts: 2536
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by runner3081 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:05 pm

jebmke wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am
runner3081 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am
Not a single thing.
the older we get, the more we cut back on "things." We have a general rule - if you buy one thing you have to give away/throw away/recycle at least two things.
Agreed. We have cut down on purchases over the last few years. Helps keep clutter in check and also is amazing on the pocket book :)

TravelforFun
Posts: 1907
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by TravelforFun » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:16 pm

jebmke wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am
runner3081 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am
Not a single thing.
the older we get, the more we cut back on "things." We have a general rule - if you buy one thing you have to give away/throw away/recycle at least two things.
Same rule is enforced at this semi-boglehead's house.

TravelforFun

brokendirtdart
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:27 pm
Location: USA!

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by brokendirtdart » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm not looking for much this year. With my dominant hand/arm stuck in a cast for an anticipated 3+ months and some uncertainty of my 2018 tax bill, I am laying low. I am mostly segregating my 1 January 2019 Roth contribution and waiting until I figure out a decent tax bill estimate.

Waiting to see if Benchmade releases a coupon code, so I can buy a CLA for less than it is now.
Also looking for a Garmin Foretrex 601 to replace my abused and deet scarred 401. The battery life makes it worth the upgrade for a work GPS.

If I find a good deal, I'll also grab a decent 15" Dell budget laptop to replace a 10 year old junker I use as a spare.

bob60014
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: The Land Beyond ORD

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by bob60014 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 pm

TravelforFun wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 am
Looking for an OLED 4k TV, 77" or bigger.

Also, what would be the best way to sell a 2-year-old, 65" LED TV? I'm trying to avoid craightlisting it.

TravelforFun
I'm in the Chicago area and have had good luck with LETGO.

User avatar
oldcomputerguy
Moderator
Posts: 6194
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:50 am
Location: In the middle of five acres of woods in East Tennessee

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by oldcomputerguy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:30 pm

None. I have never shopped on Black Friday, and never will. I don’t want to join in the madness.
"I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people; and if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you." (Aaron Sorkin)

brokendirtdart
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:27 pm
Location: USA!

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by brokendirtdart » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:10 pm

oldcomputerguy wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:30 pm
None. I have never shopped on Black Friday, and never will. I don’t want to join in the madness.
I only shop online. There is no normal deal available that would make me show up in a store with other Black Friday shoppers.

stimulacra
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by stimulacra » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Lenova ThinkPad 480 or Carbon X1 (5th gen) for either 40% or 50% off.

https://lnv.gy/2qOu2uy

Not sure which one quite yet. The Carbon X1 is for the prior generation so the stated discount is not reflective of the street value. The current gen goes for a bit less than full retail.

2015
Posts: 2906
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by 2015 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Last Thxgiving friends I was staying with took me to a Costco Black Friday sale in one of California's less populated areas (I would have refused to go had it been in any of California's barbarous coastal regions). I was excited to go to my first BF sale for anthropological/sociological reasons but ended up very disappointed. Standing in line before opening were only 30 people, and only about 50 people were in that cavernous warehouse by the time we left. It was all so peaceful and orderly. I learned nothing about human nature, but at least scored a motog 5th gen using my friends' Costco card.

mmcmonster
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by mmcmonster » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 pm

TravelforFun wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:16 pm
jebmke wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am
runner3081 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am
Not a single thing.
the older we get, the more we cut back on "things." We have a general rule - if you buy one thing you have to give away/throw away/recycle at least two things.
Same rule is enforced at this semi-boglehead's house.

TravelforFun
I always have that as my plan. The kids have other thoughts. :oops:

That being said, the wife and I don't buy each other any presents for any occassion and don't encourage the kids to do so either. The do encourage them to make their own cards for each other and for us. Their creativity is usually hilarious.

For Christmas we generally get the kids whatever books they've been coveting at Barnes & Noble and maybe one other thing that they could use. (If the waterproof Kindle PaperWhite goes on sale I'll probably pick it up. Our first generation Kindle developed a crack in the display itself.)

LiterallyIronic
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:36 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by LiterallyIronic » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:07 pm

I was going to get a Nintendo Switch, but my employer got me one last week.

But it's a great day to pick up DVDs and Blu-Ray discs, so I'll probably pick up a number of movies.

Mike Scott
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Mike Scott » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:12 pm

I'm looking for discounts on home improvement / building project materials. I have about a half dozen differnt projects in mind and will start whichever one looks like the best deal.

mrmass
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by mrmass » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm

I think restaurants new car deals should get into the Black Friday thing. Car dealers could promote a buy 2 get 10K off or something huge-I think it would be successful.

Same for restaurants-do something memorable on that day. They'll likely make up for it in booze purchases.

Golf maniac
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:02 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Golf maniac » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Looking at QLED and OLED TV’s, but may wait until January before super bowl, I have read that the best time to buy a TV is before the super bowl.

jebmke
Posts: 9790
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by jebmke » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:24 pm

mrmass wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm
I think restaurants new car deals should get into the Black Friday thing. Car dealers could promote a buy 2 get 10K off or something huge-I think it would be successful.

Same for restaurants-do something memorable on that day. They'll likely make up for it in booze purchases.
The Toyota dealer in this area is doing just that. Special promo on trade-ins.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

uberdoc
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by uberdoc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 pm

I thought long and hard but could not come up with anything that I need to buy now for immediate use. Life is good.

kjvmartin
Posts: 1369
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:57 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by kjvmartin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:34 pm

TravelforFun wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 am
Looking for an OLED 4k TV, 77" or bigger.

Also, what would be the best way to sell a 2-year-old, 65" LED TV? I'm trying to avoid craightlisting it.

TravelforFun
Facebook marketplace.

kjvmartin
Posts: 1369
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:57 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by kjvmartin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Golf maniac wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:22 pm
Looking at QLED and OLED TV’s, but may wait until January before super bowl, I have read that the best time to buy a TV is before the super bowl.
Do you have a Citi card with price protection? You can buy and it gives (I think) 60 days where if there's a better price they will credit it.

User avatar
GerryL
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by GerryL » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Socks. Socks. Socks.

Fred Meyers, a local grocery and everything else store, traditionally includes 50% off all socks for 1/2 day only. They bring in cases and cases of all kinds of socks. Men's, Women's, Kids'. Single pair and packages. Dressy and sport. Usually I am out of town for this holiday and miss the sale. As a result, my sock locker is not very flush at this time. But this year I am in town and looking forward to stocking up on socks.

And then I will stay away from the mall until almost new year.

User avatar
htdrag11
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by htdrag11 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:39 pm

A bit esoteric, I'm looking for a ZTC 128GB Armor 42mm M.2 to upgrade my FHD Chromebook, rather than replacing my aging MBA 2011 (HD only). The lowest is about $44 plus shipping. Not sure if there is any BF deal.

DW got a even sweeter deal, inheriting our child's cellphone.

JoeJohnson
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by JoeJohnson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:08 pm

kjvmartin wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:36 pm
Golf maniac wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:22 pm
Looking at QLED and OLED TV’s, but may wait until January before super bowl, I have read that the best time to buy a TV is before the super bowl.
Do you have a Citi card with price protection? You can buy and it gives (I think) 60 days where if there's a better price they will credit it.
Word of caution: The price protection is capped at $200 per item. Those types of TVs are expensive enough that they may drop more than $200.

darrvao777
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by darrvao777 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:18 pm

BOGO50% Pixel 3

Purchased two new Pixel 3 XLs

Google tends to offer a better price when trading in their own phones

Traded in a Pixel 2

Traded in an iPhone X

Ended up getting 2 new Pixel 3 XLs for roughly $500

tim1999
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:16 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by tim1999 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 pm

I have all the stuff I need, so I'm going to go play golf that day instead of trying to get a deal on something.

Horsefly
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Colorado, mostly

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Horsefly » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:48 pm

William4589 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 am
Surface Pro 6 from Costco with Type Cover, Stylus and i5 processor......$200 off.
Me thinks that is the same deal that is available from the Microsoft web site.

kjvmartin
Posts: 1369
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:57 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by kjvmartin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Horsefly wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:48 pm
William4589 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 am
Surface Pro 6 from Costco with Type Cover, Stylus and i5 processor......$200 off.
Me thinks that is the same deal that is available from the Microsoft web site.
Costco Concierge warranty adds good value. If all else is equal it's better to buy electronics at Costco.

User avatar
Earl Lemongrab
Posts: 7270
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 pm


TheOscarGuy
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Where I wanna be.

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by TheOscarGuy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:30 pm

GerryL wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 pm
Socks. Socks. Socks.

Fred Meyers, a local grocery and everything else store, traditionally includes 50% off all socks for 1/2 day only. They bring in cases and cases of all kinds of socks. Men's, Women's, Kids'. Single pair and packages. Dressy and sport. Usually I am out of town for this holiday and miss the sale. As a result, my sock locker is not very flush at this time. But this year I am in town and looking forward to stocking up on socks.

And then I will stay away from the mall until almost new year.
gobros has a 25% off of darn tough if that is what rocks your boat.

ralph124cf
Posts: 2350
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:41 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by ralph124cf » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:37 pm

I want a couple of sound bars for TVs that do not produce enough volume, and a ten pack of thumb drives. The best deal that I have seen so far for the drives is $5 each at Amazon for Sandisc Cruiser, but I think that it should be cheaper than that for ten. I do want the extendible style.

Ralph

Woodshark
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Woodshark » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:57 pm

I still do the early morning BF thing but only to Home Depot and maybe one other store. For the past several years one of Home Depot's best BF deals has been on poinsettias. They're only $1 each, with a limit of 6 to 12 depending. I always buy the max and then place them on the front porches of local friends and elderly neighbors. I try to be done by 9:00am so it's a nice surprise when they go out to get the morning paper.

Also, with all the remotes in the house, BF is a good time to stock up on AA batteries at Home Depot too.

badger42
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:01 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by badger42 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm keeping an eye out for online (no stores!) deals on a few medium sized (10Ah or so) USB-C power delivery power banks, but only if finding said deals doesn't take time away from doing something outdoors on Friday.

Cycle
Posts: 1478
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Cycle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Getting an ok good deal on a turkey, .69 a pound, but I was really hoping for like .39 a pound.
Never look back unless you are planning to go that way

Silver Bullet
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:18 am

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Silver Bullet » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm

brokendirtdart wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 pm
I'm not looking for much this year. With my dominant hand/arm stuck in a cast for an anticipated 3+ months and some uncertainty of my 2018 tax bill, I am laying low. I am mostly segregating my 1 January 2019 Roth contribution and waiting until I figure out a decent tax bill estimate.

Waiting to see if Benchmade releases a coupon code, so I can buy a CLA for less than it is now.
Also looking for a Garmin Foretrex 601 to replace my abused and deet scarred 401. The battery life makes it worth the upgrade for a work GPS.

If I find a good deal, I'll also grab a decent 15" Dell budget laptop to replace a 10 year old junker I use as a spare.
KnifeCenter has them online for about $200 (35% off retail).
Great knives and very handy. I wouldn’t be surprised if you can’t pick one up on Black Monday for a buck ‘n a half. Good luck!

Jags4186
Posts: 3863
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Jags4186 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:50 pm

I got several things I purchased in the last few weeks logged in Citi Price Rewind. Can’t wait for the deals to roll on in!

User avatar
unclescrooge
Posts: 3893
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by unclescrooge » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:06 pm

I just bought 2 Vizio 4k UHD TVs from Costco. The Black Friday sales started last weekend.

55 inch M series for $399
70 inch E series for $629

Also used puls.com to mount them on the wall. I was skeptical at first, but someone showed in within 90 minutes of booking an appointment and did a great job mounting.

TheHouse7
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 am
Location: Washington State

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by TheHouse7 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 pm

I just found a Best buy offer:$400 off pixel 3 or pixel 3XL with Verizon activation of course. Thanksgiving and Friday only
"PSX will always go up 20%, why invest in anything else?!" -Father-in-law early retired.

Bacchus01
Posts: 3182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by Bacchus01 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Already got a set of Sony 1000MX2 headphones for me, some beats ear buds for my oldest son and a pair of turtle beach XBox headsets for two other sons. Through Best Buy myrewards early. All online.

Haven’t seen anything else on the list worth getting yet.

User avatar
noraz123
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:23 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by noraz123 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:10 pm

unclescrooge wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:06 pm
I just bought 2 Vizio 4k UHD TVs from Costco. The Black Friday sales started last weekend.
I did the same. Wasn't planning on buying anything, but my 7 year old TV stopped working a couple weeks ago. I figured it was a good time upgrade anyways, and Costco's sale had begun.

Trying to fix the old one (likely replacing internal parts like the main board) may become a short term project for me over the holidays.

William4589
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by William4589 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:25 am

Horsefly wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:48 pm
William4589 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 am
Surface Pro 6 from Costco with Type Cover, Stylus and i5 processor......$200 off.
Me thinks that is the same deal that is available from the Microsoft web site.
Surface Pen is excluded with Microsoft deal. Costco includes it with theirs. Think the Pen runs around $100 separately.

brokendirtdart
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:27 pm
Location: USA!

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by brokendirtdart » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Silver Bullet wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm
brokendirtdart wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 pm
I'm not looking for much this year. With my dominant hand/arm stuck in a cast for an anticipated 3+ months and some uncertainty of my 2018 tax bill, I am laying low. I am mostly segregating my 1 January 2019 Roth contribution and waiting until I figure out a decent tax bill estimate.

Waiting to see if Benchmade releases a coupon code, so I can buy a CLA for less than it is now.
Also looking for a Garmin Foretrex 601 to replace my abused and deet scarred 401. The battery life makes it worth the upgrade for a work GPS.

If I find a good deal, I'll also grab a decent 15" Dell budget laptop to replace a 10 year old junker I use as a spare.
KnifeCenter has them online for about $200 (35% off retail).
Great knives and very handy. I wouldn’t be surprised if you can’t pick one up on Black Monday for a buck ‘n a half. Good luck!
Thanks! I've bought from KnifeCenter before and will keep them as an option. Right now Benchmade has an extremely generous discount for active military that shows $178.50 for the version I want. Either way I will buy one this month, but if I can get even a penny off, I'll apply the code. :greedy

Post Reply