2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Post Reply
tampaite
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by tampaite » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:12 am

Anyone have the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid - how do you like it? and which sub-model did you purchase?

we have a Prius and considering a hybrid minivan but apparently only Chrysler makes them so looks like we don't have any other options.

cville
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:55 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by cville » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am

We have whatever the highest end 2018 model is. It's been a wonderful car and we didn't think it was any more expensive (after the $7,500 tax credit) than similar conventional trims on the Odyssey or Sienna. We get about 30-35 miles electric, and then when it runs in hybrid (after the electric battery runs down) we get probably 30-35 MPG. This generally allows us to drive all-electric 5-6 days a week when we're just around town, then we end up using gas for longer trips. If I look at the trip computer right now, the last 800 miles have been about 475 miles electric and 325 using gas. If you think that's about 10 gallons of gas for those 325 miles, that leaves us 800 miles on 10 gallons of gas, which is pretty good!

We did install the level 2 charger, which changed things considerably for a cost of ~$500. Instead of using the included charger, which takes 10-12 hours to charge, the level 2 charger completely charges the battery in about 2 hours. Practically, this means that instead of getting one overnight charge, you're able to "top off" the battery whenever you're home in almost no time, so we do much better at staying all electric on days where we're driving a lot (but staying close to home).

One thing I will say is that we should have been told that below a certain temperature (from our experience 35 degrees or so) the car tends to run off gas almost all the time. This is an undisclosed quirk and if we didn't live in central Virginia it could be quite annoying. Imagine buying an electric car just to have it run off gas for 4-5 months of the year! The other thing you'll notice on the test drive is that you don't get a middle seat in the second row, and you can't stow-and-go the second row seats, both because of the battery storage.

In general, I like the styling and I love the functionality. Plus, it's been a good "green" lesson for our kids :)

Gryphon
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by Gryphon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:09 pm

cville wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am
One thing I will say is that we should have been told that below a certain temperature (from our experience 35 degrees or so) the car tends to run off gas almost all the time. This is an undisclosed quirk and if we didn't live in central Virginia it could be quite annoying. Imagine buying an electric car just to have it run off gas for 4-5 months of the year!
I drove a hybrid Ford Fusion for 6-7 years, and I noticed the same thing. It certainly affected the MPG - in the summer I would average 39-40 mpg, and in the winter it would drop down to about 35 mpg. On every other vehicle I've owed, if there's any seasonal variation in fuel economy it's down in the noise. I think there were a couple reasons for that. One, when I first started the car it would run the engine until it got up to operating temperature regardless of how I was driving, and that takes longer in the winter (and requires more frequent starts to keep it there). Second, the heater still ran off the waste heat from the combustion engine, so it had to keep the coolant warm enough to warm the interior, robbing heat from the engine. In summer, the AC could run off electricity, the gas engine was not required for that.

I'm glad to see that there's a hybrid minivan option now. When I bought my minivan in the fall of 2015, I don't think there were any yet. I might have bought one if it had been available. As it is, I don't think it's worth trading in a 3 year old vehicle just to get the hybrid option. I hope there's still one around when it's time for a replacement.

tampaite
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by tampaite » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am

cville wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am
We have whatever the highest end 2018 model is. It's been a wonderful car and we didn't think it was any more expensive (after the $7,500 tax credit) than similar conventional trims on the Odyssey or Sienna.
Thanks.

What sub-model did you purchase? LX or Touring or Limited?

bloom2708
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by bloom2708 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:38 am

Make sure you understand the difference between a hybrid and a plug-in electric/hybrid vehicle.

A hybrid will have a smaller battery to assist the engine. There is no plug-in. The battery is charged by braking and the engine when running.

A plug-in has two sets of batteries. The smaller hybrid assist battery and a bigger "electric only" battery.

The Pacifica and the Ford Fusion have both options. Hybrid and Plug-in. The Ford Plug-in is called the Energi. As mentioned in later posts, the Pacifica is an "all in one hybrid/plug-in". They do not offer a hybrid version by itself. Thanks for the corrections.

We have the Fusion Energi. My wife drives it. 20-24 miles of all electric range. Once the electric battery is drained, then the car is a standard hybrid. The hybrid uses the electric mode when driving slow, backing up, stopped at a light, cruising downhill, assisting during acceleration and going uphill.

If you are heading out on the interstate you can go into "EV Later" model. This saves the primary/electric battery for later. Best used when going under 40 mph and in-town type driving.

To me, this combo makes sense. You still have the full gas engine range. Electric in town and hybrid assist at other times. If we were still in minivan territory (our kids are older now) I would look at the Pacifica Plug-in. The Fusion Energi is a fun car. You won't mistake it for a sports car, but it is fun to drive and see how economical you can be.
Last edited by bloom2708 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are not here to please, but to provoke thoughtfulness." --Unknown Boglehead

THY4373
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by THY4373 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm

cville wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am
One thing I will say is that we should have been told that below a certain temperature (from our experience 35 degrees or so) the car tends to run off gas almost all the time. This is an undisclosed quirk and if we didn't live in central Virginia it could be quite annoying.
I wonder if garaging makes a big difference as my ex has a 2010 Fusion Hybrid (bought new in 2011 when we were still married) it was garaged at our house in Richmond VA (so same winters as you more or less) and we only noted about 1 to 1.5 MPG difference winter vs summer. It was certainly far removed from gas all the time in winter.

LukeHeinz57
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by LukeHeinz57 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm

I am going to be following this thread with interest. My wife and I are currently looking at the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid. The comment above regarding the engine using gas below 35 degrees was disappointing to say the least as we live in Northeast Ohio... going to have to really think through which model is the better option for our family. With the $7,500 Tax credit and the better fuel efficiency I thought my decision was made already. :annoyed

Would really like to hear from any other Pacifica owners good or bad!
"Contentment", the only thing you ever truly need more of!

User avatar
ray.james
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by ray.james » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm

I am also interested in this thread. I have an office acquaintance who has it here in California. He has nothing but good things about it. He did have to take it a few times for maintenance/recalls but things seems to have ironed out after that. The pacifica forums does mentioned a bunch of major quirks the first few months before Chrysler fixed it.
Regarding the stow n go seats, unless one is using car as a fleet/taxi, for a family it is not big deal. One can remove the seat as needed occasionally.
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939

User avatar
ray.james
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by ray.james » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 pm

bloom2708 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:38 am
Make sure you understand the difference between a hybrid and a plug-in electric/hybrid vehicle.

A hybrid will have a smaller battery to assist the engine. There is no plug-in. The battery is charged by braking and the engine when running.

A plug-in has two sets of batteries. The smaller hybrid assist battery and a bigger "electric only" battery.

The Pacifica and the Ford Fusion have both options. Hybrid and Plug-in. The Ford Plug-in is called the Energi.
I believe Pacifica is only a plug-in although it has hybrid in the name. However it does operate as hybrid when out of electricity from big battery. Fusion is different as in both hybrid and energi are completely different cars( Hybrid vs plug in)
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939

TBillT
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by TBillT » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 pm

ray.james wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 pm
bloom2708 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:38 am
Make sure you understand the difference between a hybrid and a plug-in electric/hybrid vehicle.

A hybrid will have a smaller battery to assist the engine. There is no plug-in. The battery is charged by braking and the engine when running.

A plug-in has two sets of batteries. The smaller hybrid assist battery and a bigger "electric only" battery.

The Pacifica and the Ford Fusion have both options. Hybrid and Plug-in. The Ford Plug-in is called the Energi.
I believe Pacifica is only a plug-in although it has hybrid in the name. However it does operate as hybrid when out of electricity from big battery. Fusion is different as in both hybrid and energi are completely different cars( Hybrid vs plug in)
I agree The Pacifica is only plug-in, even though they call it a hybrid.
We have a VW Routan which is a variant of the Caravan with the same seating layout as the Pacifica Hybrid.
Fine for us as far as seating. I suspect car taxes would kill me in Northern Virginia on new Pacifica Hybrid, but used one might be cool.

Typ997S
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by Typ997S » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Err, there's some misinformation up-thread...may not be that important, but the engineer in me has to correct it...

Most plug-in hybrids that I know of (e.g. the Chevy Volt) don't have two separate batteries. They just have one large battery, and operate in electric only mode until reaching a certain depth of discharge, and then switch over to charge sustaining mode (aka hybrid) mode. Some plug-in hybrids, such as the Pacifica, will use the gas engine for assist in certain high-power demand situations when in their nominal "electric only" mode.

Also, to call the Pacifica "plug-in" only and not "hybrid" is not correct. It most definitely operates as a hybrid when the first part of the battery capacity is used up. As a matter of fact, Chrysler chose to market the Pacifica as a "Hybrid" rather than a "Plug-In Hybrid" because they felt most consumers didn't understand what a Plug-In Hybrid is.

Ok, rant off, back to the discussion of the Pacifica itself...

bloom2708
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by bloom2708 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Typ997S wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:50 pm
Err, there's some misinformation up-thread...may not be that important, but the engineer in me has to correct it...

Most plug-in hybrids that I know of (e.g. the Chevy Volt) don't have two separate batteries. They just have one large battery, and operate in electric only mode until reaching a certain depth of discharge, and then switch over to charge sustaining mode (aka hybrid) mode. Some plug-in hybrids, such as the Pacifica, will use the gas engine for assist in certain high-power demand situations when in their nominal "electric only" mode.

Also, to call the Pacifica "plug-in" only and not "hybrid" is not correct. It most definitely operates as a hybrid when the first part of the battery capacity is used up. As a matter of fact, Chrysler chose to market the Pacifica as a "Hybrid" rather than a "Plug-In Hybrid" because they felt most consumers didn't understand what a Plug-In Hybrid is.

Ok, rant off, back to the discussion of the Pacifica itself...
I assume you mean my post. The Volt is completely different. The small gas engine only charges the single/large battery. The gas engine does not power the car at all.

As far as I know, the Pacifica and Energi share similar functions. I don't know if the Pacifica has two batteries or one. The Fusion/C-max have two. You get an all electric range. Once depleted, you are in regular hybrid mode. It assists. Similar to the Prius Hybrid, Avalon Hybrid, Fusion Hybrid. No plug-in. Just a charge/dis-charge battery charged by braking and the engine, discharged when used to assist.
"We are not here to please, but to provoke thoughtfulness." --Unknown Boglehead

Typ997S
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by Typ997S » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:06 pm

"I assume you mean my post. The Volt is completely different. The small gas engine only charges the single/large battery. The gas engine does not power the car at all. "

Well, not quite..., once in charge sustaining mode (aka hybrid) the Volt can act as both a series (Gas engine acts as a generator, which provides electricity to the traction (electric) motors) or as a parallel hybrid, where the engine is coupled mechanically to the drive train, via a planetary gearset. The control system decides which is optimal in a given load situation and configures appropriately. A very nice piece of engineering! :sharebeer

cville
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:55 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by cville » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:47 pm

THY4373 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm
cville wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:48 am
One thing I will say is that we should have been told that below a certain temperature (from our experience 35 degrees or so) the car tends to run off gas almost all the time. This is an undisclosed quirk and if we didn't live in central Virginia it could be quite annoying.
I wonder if garaging makes a big difference as my ex has a 2010 Fusion Hybrid (bought new in 2011 when we were still married) it was garaged at our house in Richmond VA (so same winters as you more or less) and we only noted about 1 to 1.5 MPG difference winter vs summer. It was certainly far removed from gas all the time in winter.
No this would be a separate issue. The Pacifica is supposed to drive 30-35 all-electric before switching over to the hybrid engine. What I'm talking about is that when it's below 35 degrees, you'll drive around indefinitely with your battery charged to 100% instead of drawing down to 0%, running off the hybrid instead. There might be some flexibility to this quirk, such as the electric battery switching over when you warm up the car enough. However, since you're mainly running electric on shorter trips around town we've found there are entire winter days where the electric battery never switches over.

Typ997S
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by Typ997S » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 pm

...and to bring the discussion back to the Pacifica powertrain, in simple terms, it has two electric motors, integral with the transmission and a gas engine, and one ( :wink: ) 16 kWH battery. There are three modes, electric only (forward), electric only (reverse) and "hybrid" - forward with one or both electric motors and gas engine.

Full details at: https://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissi ... matic.html

User avatar
wander
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by wander » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:39 am

Plug in is an extra capability that you can charge the car so you can save more money for driving it in Electric mode; however, you can also choose to not plug it in at all and drive it as a pure hybrid. You can say that a plug in version car can be a hybrid; but when a car is called "Hybrid", it means it does not have plug-in feature.

sksavers3
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by sksavers3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 am

I could have written cville’s first paragraph- we’ve had the exact same experience wrt to mileage and such. Got the 2018 Limited (top trim) in November 2017 and have been thrilled.

We’ve not installed a Level 2 charger but very rarely drive more than 35 miles in town so we are nearly always running on fully electric (from charging overnight but we have house rooftop solar panels!) unless we go out of town.

It’s our first hybrid and first minivan and if you told me 10 years ago I’d have either one I would have laughed at you, but I don’t know that we’ll ever go back to gas car...and having a comfy 7-seater w trunk space is pretty awesome too!

That said it’s not as high end feeling as our other car, a Volvo. But it’s good enough for this small kid season in life.

LukeHeinz57
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by LukeHeinz57 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 am

sksavers3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 am
I could have written cville’s first paragraph- we’ve had the exact same experience wrt to mileage and such. Got the 2018 Limited (top trim) in November 2017 and have been thrilled.

We’ve not installed a Level 2 charger but very rarely drive more than 35 miles in town so we are nearly always running on fully electric (from charging overnight but we have house rooftop solar panels!) unless we go out of town.

It’s our first hybrid and first minivan and if you told me 10 years ago I’d have either one I would have laughed at you, but I don’t know that we’ll ever go back to gas car...and having a comfy 7-seater w trunk space is pretty awesome too!

That said it’s not as high end feeling as our other car, a Volvo. But it’s good enough for this small kid season in life.
Thank you for your feedback! Do you notice the same issue with it running only off the ICE when it's less than 35 degrees?
"Contentment", the only thing you ever truly need more of!

tampaite
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by tampaite » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:23 am

sksavers3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 am
I could have written cville’s first paragraph- we’ve had the exact same experience wrt to mileage and such. Got the 2018 Limited (top trim) in November 2017 and have been thrilled.
How much was the OTD price for 2018 model?

cville
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:55 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by cville » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:55 pm

tampaite wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:23 am
sksavers3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 am
I could have written cville’s first paragraph- we’ve had the exact same experience wrt to mileage and such. Got the 2018 Limited (top trim) in November 2017 and have been thrilled.
How much was the OTD price for 2018 model?
We got ours for about $48,000, before the $7,500 tax credit. We figured $40,000 for the top of the line trim was pretty similar to the Odyssey and Sienna, if not less.

dot00
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by dot00 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 pm

sksavers3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 am
I could have written cville’s first paragraph- we’ve had the exact same experience wrt to mileage and such. Got the 2018 Limited (top trim) in November 2017 and have been thrilled.

We’ve not installed a Level 2 charger but very rarely drive more than 35 miles in town so we are nearly always running on fully electric (from charging overnight but we have house rooftop solar panels!) unless we go out of town.

It’s our first hybrid and first minivan and if you told me 10 years ago I’d have either one I would have laughed at you, but I don’t know that we’ll ever go back to gas car...and having a comfy 7-seater w trunk space is pretty awesome too!

That said it’s not as high end feeling as our other car, a Volvo. But it’s good enough for this small kid season in life.
We have the 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L. We bought it just about 12 months ago and it has been great. My wife is the primary driver and does about 20 miles per day to/from work, daycare, etc. so rarely uses gas. We did notice the performance drag in the cold months (central Ohio) as others have mentioned. It was way nicer than anything we’ve historically owned until I bought a Volvo two months ago.

We haven’t installed a Level 2 charger since the daily usage isn’t that much. It’s comfy for long rides and easily hauls all the crap that comes with having young kids. :oops: Only complaint is that we had trouble with the uconnect / touchscreen but the recall earlier this year took care of that.

sksavers3
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by sksavers3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 pm

LukeHeinz57 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 am
sksavers3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 am
I could have written cville’s first paragraph- we’ve had the exact same experience wrt to mileage and such. Got the 2018 Limited (top trim) in November 2017 and have been thrilled.
Thank you for your feedback! Do you notice the same issue with it running only off the ICE when it's less than 35 degrees?
No have not noticed that issue but I don’t think we’ve ever driven under 35 degrees. We’re in California- it gets to freezing overnight but by the time we are up it’s warmer. If anything I’d say I’m getting better mileage on electric in the last month since it’s cooler so not running a/c.

You also asked price- we paid $50,000 Cash out the door. CA taxes 😀 but we got 12,500 back in tax rebates.

User avatar
ray.james
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by ray.james » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:17 pm

sksavers3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 pm

No have not noticed that issue but I don’t think we’ve ever driven under 35 degrees. We’re in California- it gets to freezing overnight but by the time we are up it’s warmer. If anything I’d say I’m getting better mileage on electric in the last month since it’s cooler so not running a/c.

You also asked price- we paid $50,000 Cash out the door. CA taxes 😀 but we got 12,500 back in tax rebates.
What rebates are available apart from 7,500 fed, 1,500 CA, 500 PGE?
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939

sksavers3
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by sksavers3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Some local air districts have incentive rebates- ours was 3k iirc

Hulu
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by Hulu » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:35 am

I love my base 2018 PacHy. It's safe (weight, collisions, indicators and visability), roomy, quiet (especially in EV mode) and dare I say fun. The brakes sound cool. And the dash is pretty. Sliding door is handy although it makes the vehicle more complicated thus less reliable. Ditto with the electronics. But that is every car these days :)

I would have probably bought a 2017 LX V6 Sorento if I could do it again. It's simpler, less expensive overall and more reliable.

kjvmartin
Posts: 1251
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:57 am

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by kjvmartin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:52 am

I wanted to want a Pacifica when I was buying a minivan a few months ago. I could have gotten a very generous employee discount from a relative.

No matter what the trim level I could not get past the lack of comfort in the seats vs. a comparable Odyssey. My wife was pregnant at the time and, with my full agreement, ruled out the Pacifica almost immediately after sitting down.

tampaite
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by tampaite » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:25 am

Hulu wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:35 am
I love my base 2018 PacHy.
How much was the OTD price for 2018 model?

researcher
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:05 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by researcher » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:01 am

tampaite wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:25 am
How much was the OTD price for 2018 model?
Do you realize that soliciting OTD pricing on a forum like this is completely meaningless?
Unless they happen to live in your exact locality, the information is useless.

Sales tax varies wildly depending on where you live, from 0% to 10%+
State mandated fees (tags, title, registration, tire fees, ect) also vary wildly.

Buyer A may have paid $5,000 LESS for a Pacifica Hybrid than Buyer B. But you would never know that by looking at OTD prices.

tampaite
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by tampaite » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 am

researcher wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:01 am
tampaite wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:25 am
How much was the OTD price for 2018 model?
Do you realize that soliciting OTD pricing on a forum like this is completely meaningless?
Unless they happen to live in your exact locality, the information is useless.
It helps me to know the OTD price in ways that might be useless or meaningless for you.

researcher
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:05 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by researcher » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:16 am

tampaite wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 am
It helps me to know the OTD price in ways that might be useless or meaningless for you.
Could you elaborate on what you find useful/valuable in the OTD prices?

TBillT
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Post by TBillT » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Pacifica is a PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid) confusing because they call it a Hybrid, which Hybrid implies no plug, 100% gaso all the time.

Post Reply