Best business credit card

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
veindoc

Best business credit card

Post by veindoc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Hello all,
I have some business related expenses coming up and am looking for a dedicated business credit card that offers some rewards/points preferably cash.

I already have a personal American express platinum card, Chase Reserve credit card, and Capital One Ventures. All three are fine, but I'd like to avoid the hefty fees of Amex platinum and the Chase Reserve and I would like to avoid one where the benefit is enhanced for travel - since I will essentially be doing very little business travel. The card will be used for purchasing inventory and equipment as well as possibly utility bills and taxes.

Any suggestions?

drk

Re: Best business credit card

Post by drk » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:57 pm

It sounds like you would be interested in the Amex Blue Business Plus or the Chase Ink Cash.

AlphaLess

Post by AlphaLess » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:06 pm

I would recommend the Amex Platinum for Business.

Ann Fee: $450, but they rebate $200 / a year in travel expenses (hard to use, but there are ways).
Also, with the Amex Platinum for Business, your MR points are worth 50% more when used for travel, even existing ones, and even those you acquire on your other cards.
"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word." George Washington

UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Chase and Amex are your best options. I would go with Chase because Chase cards tend to be more straightforward than Amex cards.

onourway

Post by onourway » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Amex Gold? Only $175 annual fee, waived for the first year with a 50k bonus. 3x points on category of your choosing, 2x points on the other 4 of 5 categories they offer. 1x points on everything else. If any of those categories align with your spending that's 3% straight cash back, 3.75% if your Amex Platinum is a Schwab.

Mike Scott

Post by Mike Scott » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:10 pm

For cash back, I would look for the Capital One Spark with $1000 bonus and 2% cash back if that offer is still available. Chase Ink Preferred or Chase Ink Cash card URs can be turned into cash or used for travel. The American Express Blue Business Plus is a good card but gives back membership rewards points. If you have enough expenses you might get one of each and you should check out doctorofcredit.com for his list of "best cards for.." Have you checked your vendors to see if they accept Amex? Also check to see if any of the cards have a higher reward for particular types of purchases that you may have planned.

dustinst22

Post by dustinst22 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm

We use the capital one spark, great for high level spending.

Amex Gold will give you the best ROI for up to 100 K in spending. 3X points (assuming it fits your spend category), which can then be liquidated at a 1.25 multiplier into charles schwab (google charles schwab MR points 1.25 for more info). So you could get 3.75% back in cash this way.