LibraryThing, Libib, or Goodreads?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
motorcyclesarecool

LibraryThing, Libib, or Goodreads?

Post by motorcyclesarecool »

I want to catalog my books and keep track of what I’ve lent to friends. Anybody used any of the above software for my intended purposes?
Understand that choosing an HDHP is very much a "red pill" approach. Most would rather pay higher premiums for a $20 copay per visit. They will think you weird for choosing an HSA.
BIGal

Re: LibraryThing, Libib, or Goodreads?

Post by BIGal »

I downloaded LibraryThing a couple of weeks ago. I've started adding my books but haven't completed. So far I am satisfied with LT, however, probably not enough experience to really recommend it. I am not familiar with Libib or Goodreads.... Our city library director is who suggested LT to me.
Topic Author
motorcyclesarecool

BIGal wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am I downloaded LibraryThing a couple of weeks ago. I've started adding my books but haven't completed. So far I am satisfied with LT, however, probably not enough experience to really recommend it. I am not familiar with Libib or Goodreads.... Our city library director is who suggested LT to me.
Are you printing spine labels in LoC or Dewey?
Understand that choosing an HDHP is very much a "red pill" approach. Most would rather pay higher premiums for a $20 copay per visit. They will think you weird for choosing an HSA.
4strings

Post by 4strings »

Goodreads is great...super easy to use and lets you snap a picture of your current book to add to your shelf.
Topic Author
motorcyclesarecool

4strings wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:25 am Goodreads is great...super easy to use and lets you snap a picture of your current book to add to your shelf.
will it track shelf location and whether I’ve loaned it to a friend?
4strings

Post by 4strings »

i have never looked into doing that...I am not sure. :confused