Online Secure Storage - FidSafe vs other options

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Madbull

Online Secure Storage - FidSafe vs other options

Post by Madbull » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:41 am

I recently had to track down my scan of my mother's DPoA to provide to one of her pension plans so I could increase her tax withholding, and it got me thinking about storage for these type of things, (both for her stuff, as well as my DH and I). While we don't have too many documents, and the originals are kept in our safe deposit box at our credit union, I realized the few PDFs we do have our stored locally, so not always ideal.

I was digging around Fidelity's website, and saw their FidSafe secure document storage offering, ( https://www.fidsafe.com/ ). Does anyone have any experience with FidSafe, and/or another online storage provider? Thoughts about what's out there that is secure, but still allows ease of access?

Thanks for any input folks! :sharebeer

abner kravitz

Re: Online Secure Storage - FidSafe vs other options

Post by abner kravitz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:09 am

I use FidSafe. I find it very easy to use. I store copies of receipts, medical records, etc. I do cross out my SSN if it is on any document (which is rare), so if there is ever a breach it is not a huge deal to me. I assume it is secure, but I am not a tech expert.

Vanguard Fan 1367

Post by Vanguard Fan 1367 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:30 am

sounds pretty cool!

Horsefly

Post by Horsefly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:36 am

I've been using FidSafe since it was in beta testing. We've got all of our trust docs, birth certificates, car titles, the last several tax returns, our IPS, and lots of other things I'm not thinking of right now. I think it is a great.

orlandoman

Post by orlandoman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:10 am

Been using FidSafe for some time. When taking overseas trips, upload copies of passports, visa'a, etc. Easy to use.
"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:34 am

I use the document storage as part of 1Password. You get 1GB of storage and can share documents with others in your family plan based on set permissions in each vault.