JACK BOGLE'S NEW BOOK GIVEAWAY

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Bigfoothunter

Post by Bigfoothunter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Please enter me in the drawing.

I have never had the opportunity to meet Jack Bogle in person, but would like to do so. He is well received because he does nothing that appears to act from personal self interest but rather for the benefit of others. This is evident in everything he has done from the organization of Vanguard to a true mutual company with high service at low cost, to his advice to others on finacial matters which is based on both science and personal experience. His leadership qualities are self evident in that when he believes that a problem exists or something is wrong, he admits it. What a rare treasure in the world we live in today.

Best, Bigfoot

bpenn7

Post by bpenn7 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:50 pm

I admire Jack Bogle for the immense value he has provided in a mutual fund industry that today is focused too much on salesmanship which ultimately subtracts value from the providers of capital and society as a whole. He has built the reputation of Vanguard as one in which service to clients is paramount. Vanguard exemplifies fiduciary duty to the highest standards which is the very essence of good business practice and why it i so successful. In other words it provides investors a fair shake unlike so many other companies. Second, he has made me realize the most important aspects of what it means to be a successful investor and to differentiate between speculation and investing. Investing is owning all businesses and letting capitalism do its job and the discipline of staying the course during wild market swings through the process of rebalancing allows one to reach their financial goals in the long run. Finally, he has made me redefine what success means in my own life. One should structure their goals to think about the service of community and trying to build a better world in what we do each day rather than accumualting more and more fame, prestige, wealth, and power, the conventional definitions of success. In short, just go for enough like the title of his book says and add the most value possible in whatever you do just like he has to leave a lasting effect and make a true difference.

jjkthunder

Enter me in the drawing

Post by jjkthunder » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Please Enter me in the drawing

Thanks for the opportunity of winning Mr. Bogles book.
GLI...................Jack | | You can call me anything you want but please don't call me NORMAL

haban01

HI Mel

Post by haban01 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Please enter me in the drawing :)

Warm Regards :)
Eric | | "Stay the Course" | "Press on Regardless"

turlock1

book

Post by turlock1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:06 pm

enter me in the drawing. thanks!

bill

VELO724X

Post by VELO724X » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:19 am

I admire Jack Bogle because he has created a company, a body of work and a legacy based on the highest moral and ethical standards. In words and deeds, he shows us "Character Counts."

He demonstrates in this time of turmoil that "some work of noble note may yet be done..." In spite of fatigue and physical infirmity, yet strong in will, he continues "to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield." He is not afraid to tilt at windmills. In doing so, he inspires us to reach for our own "Impossible Dreams."

Most of all, I admire Jack Bogle for making a difference in countless lives, including my own. For this, I am forever grateful.

Rich Guerra

orisni

Post by orisni » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 am

Thanks.

retired at 48

Post by retired at 48 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:37 am

Mentioning Bogle, my 89 years diehard mother in law replied:

Oh, I see him Sundays at Church. He founded my Vanguard, that customer oriented, low cost, investor-first group we all own. That National Constitution Center, his idea too.

Maverick Jack’s index funds, oh, what battles. With character and spunk, he attacked corporate greed with his articulate, selfless style, putting integrity and ethics first.

Many evenings I read his investment books… loved that Common Sense one.

His talks were inspirational wisdom doused with humility…always putting small investors like me first.

I'm fearful now, but staying the course. That’s “Enough.”

wlpotts

I admire Jack

Post by wlpotts » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:13 am

I admire Jack Bogle because he embodies the character trait of genuine personal integrity.

In these times there are few people who stand-up for what they believe in, hold their princples true through and through, treat others with dignity, respect and compassion, and selflessly serve the greater good for all. Since childhood Jack Bogle defied and overcame economic, academic, philisophical obstacles to bring to the world a vision of fairness to the investment community.

I admire and respect Jack Bogle on other levels of achievment and for other exceptional attributes of personal character, but his committment of self-integrity as an unwavering stalwart with principle and purpose is the most admirable attribute of Jack Bogle in my view.

Warren Potts
Some have it. Some don't. Either way, here I am!

Midpack

Post by Midpack » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:27 am

I could attempt an essay, but the fact that every penny I have (aside from my company 401k) is with Vanguard, probably speaks more than any words...
You only live once...

Marilyn Dennison

Post by Marilyn Dennison » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:53 am

As other posters have said, all of our investments are in Vanguard. Enough said as for admiration for Jack Bogle.

Best,
Marilyn Dennison

iceport

Book Drawing Entry

Post by iceport » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 am

Thank you,
--Pete

Sunny Sarkar

Post by Sunny Sarkar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:59 am

I admire Jack Bogle because he showed the world how capitalism could be combined with fairness and integrity. In Vanguard, he created a corporation whose self interest is seamlessly aligned with the self interest of its customers. In index funds, he took the obvious and created a financial instrument that gives each and every market participant their fair share of the market's return.

I admire Jack Bogle for making it possible for my daughter to go to college, for helping me secure the financial future of my loved ones, for being an exemplary human being I could look up to.

Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

ENTRIES CLOSED

Post by Mel Lindauer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:12 am

Hello everyone:

Entries are now closed. Winners will be notified by PM and will need to supply their real names and addresses so that Wiley (the publisher) can mail out a copy of Jack Bogle's new book, Enough.

Thanks for participating, and good luck to everyone!

Best regards to all,

Mel