Where to sell Google Play credit?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
boglemyinvestments

Where to sell Google Play credit?

Post by boglemyinvestments » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello all,

I have $130 credit for Google Play from a Samsung promotion. I don't have any use for it and am trying to find a way to trade or sell the credit. From the email i received from Samsung it looks like it will expire in a couple days unless the credit gets added to a Google account. Once it's added to an account it won't expire until June 30, 2019. I've checked different sites that you can resell gift cards to and they won't take promotional credit.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

jasc15

Re: Where to sell Google Play credit?

Post by jasc15 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 pm

You bought a Costco TV, yes? I did the same and figured the $75 Google play card as a discount thinking I could sell it. You can sell Google play cards, but this promotion applies credit to your account by verifying your purchase with a receipt, not just including a card with purchase. I was unable to find a way to convert credits to cash. You can't even buy a Google gift card with the credits (that loophole would be too easy).

I eventually purchased some music, since I use Google music for my personal library already. Also, you can get digital subscriptions to many popular publications with might be about the same cost as subscribing directly, though you access the content via Google's app, not the provider's. If you already subscribe to something, this would be a good use of credits.

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:52 pm

You can't (sell it), but as JASC15 mentioned, you can buy movies, music, books, etc.

boglemyinvestments

Post by boglemyinvestments » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 pm

jasc15 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 pm
You bought a Costco TV, yes? I did the same and figured the $75 Google play card as a discount thinking I could sell it. You can sell Google play cards, but this promotion applies credit to your account by verifying your purchase with a receipt, not just including a card with purchase. I was unable to find a way to convert credits to cash. You can't even buy a Google gift card with the credits (that loophole would be too easy).
Haha yep! I received the credit promotional codes already and have checked to make sure they can be added to any Google account.
jasc15 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 pm
I eventually purchased some music, since I use Google music for my personal library already. Also, you can get digital subscriptions to many popular publications with might be about the same cost as subscribing directly, though you access the content via Google's app, not the provider's. If you already subscribe to something, this would be a good use of credits.
I've been trying to find something to use it on. I was hoping to find somebody that would actually have use for the credit in exchange for a $70 Amazon gift card or something.

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm

I use it for books and movie rentals.