Mail order pharmacy

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
tc101

Mail order pharmacy

Post by tc101 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:52 am

Now that I have to take meds every day, it would be nice to have them mailed to my house. My cat also has daily meds to take. If I could find a good mail order pharmacy it would save me standing in line every month. Can you suggest a good mail order pharmacy?
. | The most important thing you should know about me is that I am not an expert.

Pocanutin

Re: Mail order pharmacy

Post by Pocanutin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:01 am

We use Health Warehouse (Kentucky I think ) Very efficient and reliable.

P

sport

Post by sport » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 am

In my experience meds can be damaged in the mail, due to temperatures being too high or too low. I have access to a mail-order company and when such damage happened to one of my meds, they were nasty about replacing it. I now get my meds locally even though I pay a little more than I would if I got them mail-order. I am happy to pay more to avoid the mail order problems.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am

Might you check with your insurance company - if you have drug coverage?

I get almost all my refills (90 days) by mail.

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:15 am

tc101 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:52 am
Now that I have to take meds every day, it would be nice to have them mailed to my house. My cat also has daily meds to take. If I could find a good mail order pharmacy it would save me standing in line every month. Can you suggest a good mail order pharmacy?
When I considered mail order it was actually slightly more expensive then the local Kroger pharmacy. As far as standing in line every month, you do realize that your doctor can write a 90 day prescription, which for me was a money savings over 30 day refills.

rantk81

Post by rantk81 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:16 am

I second the comment about not wanting meds delivered in the mail due to uncontrolled environment/temperature. Many medications can lose their effectiveness if they are exposed to extreme temperatures for any period of time. Fortunately, although my insurance company does everything they can to encourage you to use their mail-order service, they will still allow me to fill the scripts in at least a couple of the brick-and-mortar pharmacies near me.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 am

neilpilot wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:15 am
tc101 wrote:
When I considered mail order it was actually slightly more expensive then the local Kroger pharmacy. As far as standing in line every month, you do realize that your doctor can write a 90 day prescription, which for me was a money savings over 30 day refills.
Not true for me today (refills are now 90 day), but I once had employer insurance that only allowed 30 day refills.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:29 am

Some local pharmacies deliver, often at no charge.
If they accept your insurance, then the convenience wouldn't "cost".

We also don't want our meds sitting in hot trucks or mis-delivered, etc.

Our insurance at CVS suddenly started filling ongoing Rx's with 90 day amounts.
However, the savings for getting 90 day supplies is still only by mail, which we won't use. For most meds, it doesn't make a huge difference, because the costs are low anyway.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:42 am

Objectively, how big a risk is this type of thing?

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:51 am

dm200 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:42 am
That depends upon the meds. Some are very temp sensitive, and arrive in cold packs, even from the local pharmacy. These probably wouldn't be available by mail order, so the issue is probably moot.

Some others are carefully labelled about temp control, whereas most don't seem to have "difficult" temp ranges.

Most could probably sit in a hot car indefinitely, but I don't *know* if that is true, and I don't want to find out the wrong way.

RM

bampf

Post by bampf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:56 am

tc101 wrote:
Pillpack was recently acquired by Amazon. You can objectively state that Amazon has been transformational and that probably (possibly) implies that they will do the same thing with pharmaceuticals.

sport

Post by sport » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 am

dm200 wrote:
Obviously, It would depend on the drug. The one that I had a problem with states on the package "store between 59F-77F"
That temperature range can easily be exceeded on either end depending on the time of the year and the climate. It seems certain that a hot truck will exceed 77F. In addition, if you have a rural type mail box, the temperature in the box will match the ambient temp.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:14 am

sport wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 am
dm200 wrote:
Obviously, It would depend on the drug. The one that I had a problem with states on the package "store between 59F-77F"
That temperature range can easily be exceeded on either end depending on the time of the year and the climate. It seems certain that a hot truck will exceed 77F. In addition, if you have a rural type mail box, the temperature in the box will match the ambient temp.
Yeah... we've got similar "constraints".

But even with care, it's difficult for *us* to keep meds in that range if we are out and about or traveling.
We just assume that there is still some leeway.

RM

JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:15 am

Currently using CVS/Caremark.
Used to use ExpressScripts.

Both have been terrific. No complaints.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am

sport wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 am
dm200 wrote:
It depends on where you live.

If you live in Phoenix where summer temps can be 120F, mail order is a very bad idea.

Turbo29

Post by Turbo29 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 am

HueyLD wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am

If you live in Phoenix where summer temps can be 120F, mail order is a very bad idea.
The doesn't stop United Health from trying to force its customers to do it. UHC/Optum could care less about your Rx rotting in the heat.

FunnelCakeBob

Post by FunnelCakeBob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am

dm200 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am

+1. Definitely check with your health insurance. My current coverage has mail-order option and provides a discount when ordered for 90 day supply.

Nate79

Post by Nate79 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 pm

JoeRetire wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:15 am
Currently using CVS/Caremark.
Used to use ExpressScripts.

Both have been terrific. No complaints.
+1 Us also.

The drugs need to be delivered to the pharmacies as well. Unless the pharmacies are getting some special delivery service with temperature controlled environment vs the mail order then the issue is moot.

Rupert

Post by Rupert » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:09 pm

For those of you worried about drugs sitting in hot (or cold, which for some drugs is worse than heat) UPS or FedEx trucks before delivery to your home, how do you think the drugs get delivered to your local pharmacy?

Edited to add: I have a very expensive drug delivered to my home from a specialty pharmacy once a month. It is packaged in a cooler with ice and gel packs to regulate the temperature. Only one time in about 3 years has the package arrived with melted ice packs. On that particular day, the UPS truck came to my house about 8 hours later than normal. Although the pharmacy informed me that the medication was likely still fine to use because of the ambient air temperature on that day (they check before shipment), they shipped out a new package, and I returned the first one.

Toons

Post by Toons » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

I use Humana
:happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

northtexan

Post by northtexan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 pm

You need to be aware that if you are in a state where temperatures are high it can damage the mediation during the shipping process. people who live in the south might consider forgoing mail order since capsules and even tablets can melt or the active medication can be altered at high temperatures.

It is also a problem with those who are on multiple medications, where they get some filled by mail order and some filled by a local pharmacy. The medications can interact with each other and both of the pharmacies do not know all the medications you are on.

If you are concerned about waiting in line at a big box pharmacy, you should consider a independent/mom and pop pharmacy. These typically have lower volume, the prices are the same (insurance price is typically the same every), and they can spend more time talking to you about your concerns since they don't have quotas to meet. If you get to know them they are also typically very open to helping with other medical questions and problems that you have.

disclosure: I work at an independent pharmacy, so am probably biased to them. I have been told many times that people wish they found our pharmacy long ago instead of using a grocery store or cvs type pharmacy. I feel that if customers want better and more personable service from a pharmacy they should look into independents, they might soon be completely gone since CVS/Walgreens buys them out when they can see the doors open. Sorry for my soap box rant.

Rupert

Post by Rupert » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm

northtexan wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 pm
You need to be aware that if you are in a state where temperatures are high it can damage the mediation during the shipping process. people who live in the south might consider forgoing mail order since capsules and even tablets can melt or the active medication can be altered at high temperatures.

It is also a problem with those who are on multiple medications, where they get some filled by mail order and some filled by a local pharmacy. The medications can interact with each other and both of the pharmacies do not know all the medications you are on.

If you are concerned about waiting in line at a big box pharmacy, you should consider a independent/mom and pop pharmacy. These typically have lower volume, the prices are the same (insurance price is typically the same every), and they can spend more time talking to you about your concerns since they don't have quotas to meet. If you get to know them they are also typically very open to helping with other medical questions and problems that you have.

disclosure: I work at an independent pharmacy, so am probably biased to them. I have been told many times that people wish they found our pharmacy long ago instead of using a grocery store or cvs type pharmacy. I feel that if customers want better and more personable service from a pharmacy they should look into independents, they might soon be completely gone since CVS/Walgreens buys them out when they can see the doors open. Sorry for my soap box rant.
Well then maybe you can answer the question: Are drugs shipped to pharmacies any differently than they are shipped to homes? In other words, why wouldn't they also be damaged during the shipping process when shipped to pharmacies?

northtexan

Post by northtexan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Rupert wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm
northtexan wrote:

Well then maybe you can answer the question: Are drugs shipped to pharmacies any differently than they are shipped to homes? In other words, why wouldn't they also be damaged during the shipping process when shipped to pharmacies?

Where I work and where I have had education experiences for pharmacy school, all drugs are delivered in the morning hours. Where I work we get out shipments around 9am, a Walmart I was at got them before they opened at 8am.

The drugs come from multiple central warehoused thought DFW. I would imagine there are at least 5 over the metroplex. I have personally seen 2.

The major differences is the time they are in the delivery vans and the hours of day they are in the vans. The vans that deliver to pharmacies are typically holding medications in them for a few hours in the morning hours. The vans are also sprinter type vans that are open to the cab where the AC is compared to UPS trucks. While mail order medication are in the trucks until it is delivered. I personally get mail and packages delivered in the later afternoon around 3-5. Which is the hottest part of the day. In DFW temps in the summer regularly reach 110 degrees, which would be even hotter in the trucks.

The main concern would be medication degradation, medication degrade upward of 10-100 times faster at higher temperature, depending on the temperatures and the medication. Some medications degrade in to harmful chemicals. Another concern would be capsules melting. If you have medication that is important to be taken daily and you get it and it is all melted together, you would have to wait another week or so for another package to be shipped to you. Potentially causing harm.

sport

Post by sport » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 pm

northtexan wrote:

My Rx insurance specifies a network of pharmacies that I can use. Moreover, within that network, there are preferred and non-preferred pharmacies. The non-preferred pharmacies cost an extra $10 on each Rx. The pharmacies in the network are limited, and some are places I would not want to use. There is one independent in my area, but it is not preferred. Due to the way the insurance company provides information, it is not easy to even find the preferred pharmacies.

northtexan

Post by northtexan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:00 pm

sport wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 pm
My Rx insurance specifies a network of pharmacies that I can use. Moreover, within that network, there are preferred and non-preferred pharmacies. The non-preferred pharmacies cost an extra $10 on each Rx. The pharmacies in the network are limited, and some are places I would not want to use. There is one independent in my area, but it is not preferred. Due to the way the insurance company provides information, it is not easy to even find the preferred pharmacies.
[/quote]

Unfortunately insurance ruled the pharmacy world which is really terrible, that is one of the biggest problems I have with the industry. People should be able to go to there they like and it should cost the same. The problem is that these big box stores can negotiate lower prices due to the volume that they pump out and can afford to even take a loss on certain medications since the gains will off set the losses due to volume. Rx insurance can be a scam depending on which insurance you have. I have seen where peoples co pays go back to the insurance company, ex. a person pays $20, the pharmacy gets $5 for the service while $15 go to the insurance. Its almost an extra premium passed off as a copay. There are also instances where the cash price of the medications for a year will cost less than the premium plus copays.

It seems like a very boglehead way to navigate getting Rx insurance but a lot of people don't know that cash price for very common meds would work out to be cheaper than the total cost of insurance.

JBTX

Post by JBTX » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Typically your health insurance company will have a preferred mail order provider. I have used them for years. Generally service is good, you get 90 days vs 30, and the copays/out of pockets are slightly lower.

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Wife and I have used mail order pharmacies connected with our health insurance for many years. We order for 90 days on a regular meds, if we need an antibiotic or something for a short-term issue, we use Publix, Many of our short-term needs are free at Publix.

We have Humana, and the only scripts we get physically are the ones filled locally. The rest are electronic between my doctor and Humana. My pain med must be ordered by a physical script. If I want to refill a med, and the script has no refills, Humana contacts my doctor.

I use insulin, and all the shipments arrive in a small Styrofoam ice chest with a freeze pack inside. Never have received any insulin that was not still very chilled. I'm in sunny Florida, and the summer temps this year have been as high as 95 degrees F. As well, one medication I take is via capsule. Never received one that was melted, or even sticky. The first few times I checked. I actually had misgivings when I first started with the mail order, about heat, but the experience has been great.

In all our dealings with two insurance companies and their associated mail order pharmacies, we have never had an order lost, or an order that was damaged. This even applies to the opiates I've used for nearly 20 years. Though, with the deaths via opiates issue, I now can only buy my opiates for a single month. And, now that I can't order for 90 days (previously free) I now pay $10/month for that particular med. Funny how that worked out. :annoyed

Near the end of the year, seems all mail-order pharmacies get slammed. Everyone is trying to get everything, perhaps changing insurance or whatever. I avoid the month of December.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

sport

Post by sport » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:15 pm
Near the end of the year, seems all mail-order pharmacies get slammed. Everyone is trying to get everything, perhaps changing insurance or whatever. I avoid the month of December.
If you have already met your yearly deductible and a new deductible starts on January 1, you might want to get in as many refills as you can under the present year's deductible.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:41 pm

sport wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:
If you have already met your yearly deductible and a new deductible starts on January 1, you might want to get in as many refills as you can under the present year's deductible.
Even without a deductible issue, towards the end of the year - compare your 2018 and 2019 prices under your insurance.

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm

dm200 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:41 pm
sport wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Even without a deductible issue, towards the end of the year - compare your 2018 and 2019 prices under your insurance.
Good advice, for sure. MegaCorp employee/retiree insurance plan (at least for the Humana Medicare PPO) has no deductibles for medical/pharmacy. Truthfully, I cannot imagine that deductibles will remain zero for the next few years. The max out of pocket is $3000. I always dread getting the plan info book (310 pages) each year, wondering if this year will be the year the company starts trimming back their expenses. So far so good.

One other thing I have experienced with mail-order pharmacies, mine with Humana, and my MIL with United Health care:

Humana allows you to reorder your 90 day meds after two months from your initial fill. I also get telephone calls and emails encouraging me to "refill my meds." So, I responded "yes" to emails, and phone calls, when offered. Each refill starts the next calendar requirement, even if it was only two months from your original fill. So after a few cycles you end up with a large stash. If the meds cost anything, you would notice it pretty quick. But my only two meds that have a co-pay cannot be filled via email or phone calls. The two I have are insulin and my pain med. One very expensive for them, and one a controlled substance. So watch out when you are offered refills via robo phone calls, or emails. Your storage space and your pharmacy expenses might take a hit.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

catdude

Post by catdude » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Another vote for CVS/Caremark. I've used them for many years and they've been good to work with...
catdude | | All generalizations are false, including this one.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Humana allows you to reorder your 90 day meds after two months from your initial fill.
So does our Kaiser plan. Makes it very, very convenient.

midareff

Post by midareff » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:04 pm

dm200 wrote:

Same here and we also have some supplements we take on auto send with CVS at (I think) 30% discount no shipping or tax.

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm

dm200 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:22 pm
Humana allows you to reorder your 90 day meds after two months from your initial fill.
I think this is a common option; so does my Aetna Part D plan.

Also, many posters seem to think that 90 day meds are only an option if you mail order. I have my doctor send electronic prescriptions for my maintenance medications to Kroger pharmacy, and they are usually available for pickup in 24-36 hours. They are for 90 days, and can be refilled after 2 months. Any they are less expensive than when I looked at the 90 day mail order option.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:49 pm

neilpilot wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm
dm200 wrote:
Also, many posters seem to think that 90 day meds are only an option if you mail order. I have my doctor send electronic prescriptions for my maintenance medications to Kroger pharmacy, and they are usually available for pickup in 24-36 hours. They are for 90 days, and can be refilled after 2 months. Any they are less expensive than when I looked at the 90 day mail order option.
Not at all. I just got a prescription for a new (to me) medication and it is for 90 days. I saw the specialist in person and she put the order in while I was with her - picked it up at the pharmacy ten minutes later.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:53 pm

neilpilot wrote:
dm200 wrote:

It's only recently that we could get 90 days at CVS under our insurance.
Prior to that, it *had* to be mail order for any amount up to 90 days, or up to 30 days in local pharmacy.

It's great to get 90 days supplies of long term meds, no question!

RM

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:56 pm

neilpilot wrote:
dm200 wrote:

The refill policy must vary from Kroger to Kroger. My pharmacy won't refill mine until much closer to 90 days from the previous fill--not sure exactly how many days, but it is quite a few more than 60.

Also, I am surprised at how many posters are happy with CVS mail order service. DW takes care of MIL's meds through CVS (due to MIL's insurance) and hates standing in the local CVS lines so she does it via mail order. Seldom a month goes by that she does not have an issue with CVS. Since others are so satisfied, I am guessing that there must be an issue with MIL's physicians getting the prescriptions to the right segment of CVS or their lack of timeliness in doing so.

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:56 pm
neilpilot wrote:

Also, many posters seem to think that 90 day meds are only an option if you mail order. I have my doctor send electronic prescriptions for my maintenance medications to Kroger pharmacy, and they are usually available for pickup in 24-36 hours. They are for 90 days, and can be refilled after 2 months. And they are less expensive than when I looked at the 90 day mail order option.
The refill policy must vary from Kroger to Kroger. My pharmacy won't refill mine until much closer to 90 days from the previous fill--not sure exactly how many days, but it is quite a few more than 60.

Also, I am surprised at how many posters are happy with CVS mail order service. DW takes care of MIL's meds through CVS (due to MIL's insurance) and hates standing in the local CVS lines so she does it via mail order. Seldom a month goes by that she does not have an issue with CVS. Since others are so satisfied, I am guessing that there must be an issue with MIL's physicians getting the prescriptions to the right segment of CVS or their lack of timeliness in doing so.
[/quote]
I really don't think it's a Kroger policy. I suspect it's determined by your Rx insurance policy and/or carrier.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm

neilpilot wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:59 pm
Doom&Gloom wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:56 pm
neilpilot wrote:

Also, many posters seem to think that 90 day meds are only an option if you mail order. I have my doctor send electronic prescriptions for my maintenance medications to Kroger pharmacy, and they are usually available for pickup in 24-36 hours. They are for 90 days, and can be refilled after 2 months. And they are less expensive than when I looked at the 90 day mail order option.

I really don't think it's a Kroger policy. I suspect it's determined by your Rx insurance policy and/or carrier.
[/quote]

Check to see if there are multiple ways to request refills. In our plan, if the prescription says "no refills" - but is something you need to continue, the best way is to request a refill from the pharmacy (mail order) and let the pharmacy contact the doctor. Works great! if you contact the doctor - that adds one more step to the process and can get confused.

likegarden

Post by likegarden » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm

I had Express Scripts in the past without problems getting 90 day supplies of a statin. Now I have CVS Caremark and get the 90 days supply of same statin without problems. I do not want automatic refills, simply call them when bottle only contains 10. Doctor sends new prescription to supplier via internet.
Last edited by likegarden on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:48 pm

likegarden wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm
I had Express Scripts in the past without problems getting 90 day supplies of a statin. Now I have CVS Caremark and get the 90 days supply of same statin without problems. I do not want automatic refills, simply call them when bottle only contains 10. Doctor sends new prescription via internet.
I do not like or use automatic refills either.

HIinvestor

Post by HIinvestor » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:48 am

I used to use whatever mail order pharmacy was in-network and preferred by my insurer. A while back, they switched to CVS and it's the same price if I pick it up in 90 day increments or have it mailed. I prefer picking it up, as I know we will go straight home and it isn't sitting on my doorstep in the hot sun. I used to have it delivered to a relative's A/C office, so it would stay cool in their mail room and office, but am happier that I can just go and get it at my convenience at our neighborhood pharmacy.

One thing I've learned from having quite a few prescriptions to pick up is that with our insurer, the copay tends to be considerably less if we pick up a 90 day supply over 30 day supplies. Our pharmacist explained that pharmacies are given a dispensing fee that insurer has to pay EACH time an Rx is filled, so if there is only ONE medication dispensed every 90 days instead of one every 30 days, it is a savings for the insurer.

If you're adventurous and interested in saving money, I know some folks who buy medications from AllDayChemist.com in India. Some have used that company for over a decade and been very satisfied with the significant savings and prompt service.

OAG

Post by OAG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 am

dm200 wrote:

+1 Ditto for the past 10 years (Express Scripts). 90 day refills, climate controlled when necessary and free shipping.
OAG=Old Army Guy. Retired CW4 USA (US Army) in 1979.

susa

Post by susa » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 am

bampf wrote: Pillpack was recently acquired by Amazon.
Pillpack is VERY expensive compared to Publix, Walmart etc. in similar both in brand name and generic

One example: Cozaar / Losartan 25mg 90 day supply at Publix $7 and change
Same from Pillpack in generic is 30 day supply at 14 and change

If you do any international travel, then you can easily self-supply and just carry your Rx, never had an issue with customs in any country.

JPH

Post by JPH » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:20 am

I use a mail order pharmacy and don't plan to change. All my meds are very cheap, and I can get them at nearly the same price or cheaper at Walmart. A friend once had her mailbox robbed, including a pharmacy shipment. The pharmacy refused to replace it, and the insurance would not pay. She had to pay full price for a replacement. Rare to be sure, but possible.
While the moments do summersaults into eternity | Cling to their coattails and beg them to stay - Townes Van Zandt

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 am

Before I moved to a warm climate, I used to mail order medicine and vitamins.

However, it is no longer a good idea in a warm climate unless I know exactly when the delivery will be made so that I can remove the package from the "boiling" mailbox within a few minutes.

Otherwise, be prepared to see the pills melted in the 200F oven!