Looking for a CPA in LA

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
bvbb

Looking for a CPA in LA

Post by bvbb » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am

I'm looking for a CPA in the Los Angeles area to help with tax planning. I feel pretty comfortable doing most things myself and with the help of the forum, but feel a CPA could be helpful at times.

I've spoken with a couple of CPAs in the area, but would really like to find someone more aligned with boglehead philosophies than what I've encountered.

I hope I've posted this in the proper sub-forum.

Thanks!

boglerdude

Re: Looking for a CPA in LA

Post by boglerdude » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am

Welcome to the forum

What makes your tax situation too complex for DIY/Turbotax. ie if theres rental property, the biggerpockets forum might help.

Also, try making a thread on your local Nextdoor.com

Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:23 am

bvbb wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am
I'm looking for a CPA in the Los Angeles area to help with tax planning. I feel pretty comfortable doing most things myself and with the help of the forum, but feel a CPA could be helpful at times.

I've spoken with a couple of CPAs in the area, but would really like to find someone more aligned with boglehead philosophies than what I've encountered.

Thanks!
I am not sure if we can post the names of advisers on this Forum - I could see all kinds of legal pitfalls, plus issues re sockpuppets etc. using the Forum for self promotion.

I have pm'd you.

bvbb

Post by bvbb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 pm

boglerdude wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 am
Welcome to the forum

What makes your tax situation too complex for DIY/Turbotax. ie if theres rental property, the biggerpockets forum might help.

Also, try making a thread on your local Nextdoor.com
Thanks for the welcome!

Our situation is not particularly complex, but it's a new financial situation for us. We'd like to be able to sit down with someone. It's probably unnecessary, but is mostly a step for building confidence in ourselves for the future.

Thanks for the advice!

bvbb

Post by bvbb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Valuethinker wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:23 am
bvbb wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am

Thanks!
I am not sure if we can post the names of advisers on this Forum - I could see all kinds of legal pitfalls, plus issues re sockpuppets etc. using the Forum for self promotion.

I have pm'd you.
That makes a lot of sense. It felt out of the realm of normal activity to ask for a rec on the forum. Thanks for the PM!