Maui Hawaii Trip - How to save money?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
boglegirl

Re: Maui Hawaii Trip - How to save money?

Post by boglegirl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:16 pm

* nm *
Last edited by boglegirl on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

boglegirl

Post by boglegirl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:19 pm

mgensler wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Good advice regarding food. If you can find a rental on Turo and cancel your rental car you can save money. Our Turo was 1/3 of the price of the national chains and we knew exactly which car we were getting.
Definitely check around for car rental prices. We've always found Costco to be the best rate, although I always check https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/ too. I just checked Turo (hadn't heard of it before) for our trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and there wasn't really anything that could beat the car rental price we're getting from Costco.

Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:31 pm

boglegirl wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:19 pm
mgensler wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Good advice regarding food. If you can find a rental on Turo and cancel your rental car you can save money. Our Turo was 1/3 of the price of the national chains and we knew exactly which car we were getting.
Definitely check around for car rental prices. We've always found Costco to be the best rate, although I always check https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/ too. I just checked Turo (hadn't heard of it before) for our trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and there wasn't really anything that could beat the car rental price we're getting from Costco.
Agree that Costco often has the best rates if you want to stick with "the majors", but you can often get a substantially lower rate with third tier companies like E-Z/Advantage (same company), Fox, etc. Our weekly rate from E-Z came out $60 less than what Costco could offer last month. Customer service was...uh...acceptable. :?