Amazon won't sell this book to me.

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
vtMaps

Amazon won't sell this book to me.

Post by vtMaps » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm

My DW asked me to order a book for her. I googled the book title: “Native Plants for New England Gardens”.

The first hit was Amazon. I was very surprised to find that the book is only for sale to prime members (price= $16.68).

Not a problem, the book is readily available elsewhere, and I just ordered it from Target (price= $14.55).

I order a few items each year from Amazon, but this is the first time I have been rejected for not being a prime member. Is this the direction that Amazon is going? Perhaps they will end up like Costco, open only to paying members.

—vtMaps
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. --James Branch Cabell

warowits

Re: Amazon won't sell this book to me.

Post by warowits » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:06 pm

That is the first I have ever seen, but it does appear to be the case.
There are an army of people whose pay checks depend on convincing people to invest in ways that are against their self interest. This forum is the volunteer army that fights back!

NonnyGoGo

Post by NonnyGoGo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Amazon wouldn't ship a recurring subscribe and save item to me saying it was out of stock without an alternative source. I can see that they sell the item to Prime Pantry members, so being Prime is not good enough either :)

mouses

Post by mouses » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 pm

I think I have a few times hit No Soup for you! non-prime member.

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Hmm, that's the first time I've noticed that for a book that is readily available elsewhere. Amazon, like Costco, really wants people to pay a Prime membership fee both for the fee and for the increase in purchases that results, both.

You can buy it on Amazon from other sellers for slightly more or from other places.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... dition=new

Another alternative would be to have someone who is a Prime member order it for you.

You might also consider buying it directly from the New England Wild Flower Society to support them.

https://46858.blackbaudhosting.com/4685 ... k-Purchase

annielouise

Post by annielouise » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm

It's happened to us several times. Oddly, I have been able to purchase some of the items at a later date. I am exceedingly patient.

z91

Post by z91 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Pajamas wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:11 pm
Hmm, that's the first time I've noticed that for a book that is readily available elsewhere. Amazon, like Costco, really wants people to pay a Prime membership fee both for the fee and for the increase in purchases that results, both.

You can buy it on Amazon from other sellers for slightly more or from other places.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... dition=new

Another alternative would be to have someone who is a Prime member order it for you.

You might also consider buying it directly from the New England Wild Flower Society to support them.

https://46858.blackbaudhosting.com/4685 ... k-Purchase
OP already said it has been purchased from Target, at a cheaper price to boot.

Amazon is slowly turning anti-consumer to non-Prime members. Prime went up $25 recently and IIRC they don't treat their warehouse folks very well. As much as I love buying things from them, it's simply not worth the additional money to me (I only use it for 2 day shipping, so YMMV) and will be canceling.

I think it's ironic you saved a couple of bucks in the process. Amazon was in it's "Prime" two years ago for me. They honored price matches, super hassle free returns, and always delivered within two days. Now they play a lot of pricing games to maximize revenue, and I've had to chat a few times with them as they didn't deliver within the two day period (I'm aware of the free Prime month, but this is painful when I actually needed the item and end up returning it because I bought it in a store).

The Wizard

Post by The Wizard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Pajamas wrote:

Another alternative would be to have someone who is a Prime member order it for you...
Yes.
I can order it for you.
You'll have to drop by my place to pick it up and reimburse...
Attempted new signature...

Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 pm

There are many other sellers for that item on Amazon from which a non-Prime member could purchase. You can also get a Kindle edition for $9.99.

Cheers

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:23 pm

The Wizard wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm
You'll have to drop by my place to pick it up and reimburse...
Or vtMaps could buy an electronic gift card on Amazon which you could use to get instant credit on your Amazon account and then ship it directly to vtMaps.

Freefun

Post by Freefun » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:23 pm

You can get it on eBay and save at least 1 penny.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Native-Plants- ... Swx4ZajnWE
Remember when you wanted what you currently have?

EagertoLearnMore

Post by EagertoLearnMore » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Sad to say that Amazon customer service is going downhill quickly and prices going up. I ordered an item and tracking it they sent the item to the other side of the country. In my account it said "delivered to door." Just not my door. When I complained to Amazon they did credit my account after a few days, but when I tried to reorder they said it was no longer available!

I have also noticed that prices are higher than Walmart and ordering the item directly from the manufacturer's website. Over the past year I have still purchased things from Amazon, but I find I am ordering online at other places as well.

misterno

Post by misterno » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm

vtMaps wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm
My DW asked me to order a book for her. I googled the book title: “Native Plants for New England Gardens”.

The first hit was Amazon. I was very surprised to find that the book is only for sale to prime members (price= $16.68).

Not a problem, the book is readily available elsewhere, and I just ordered it from Target (price= $14.55).

I order a few items each year from Amazon, but this is the first time I have been rejected for not being a prime member. Is this the direction that Amazon is going? Perhaps they will end up like Costco, open only to paying members.

—vtMaps
If the book is sold by "Prime" and if you are not a Prime member, you can not buy it.

Because Prime delivery is in 2 business days. You need to be a member

You can not buy something sold as "Prime" as a non Prime member and try to pay regular slow shipping.

Nate79

Post by Nate79 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:03 pm

So conclusion is OP is wrong. The book is easily available on amazon to non prime members.

galectin

Post by galectin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Nate79 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:03 pm
So conclusion is OP is wrong. The book is easily available on amazon to non prime members.
No. OP is correct.
I just checked at Amazon and it says, "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com exclusively for Prime members."

Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 pm

galectin wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:16 pm
Nate79 wrote:
No. OP is correct.
I just checked at Amazon and it says, "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com exclusively for Prime members."
Look again. It is available from other sellers on the page.

Cheers

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:20 pm

annielouise wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm
It's happened to us several times. Oddly, I have been able to purchase some of the items at a later date. I am exceedingly patient.
The same is true for me. With the books, it's never a problem, because I can buy them from Amazon marketplace sellers. But some other items occasionally become unavailable to non-prime members and I want them new. I wait, and eventually I get them, sometimes at a lower price than the exclusive prime.

Amazon may be doing it to encourage non-primes to become primes.
It also may be trying to prove to the primes the value of their subscription. And the primes don't realize that we, non-primes, have effective work-arounds.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:20 pm
And the primes don't realize that we, non-primes, have effective work-arounds.
The primes already know the work-arounds.
The primes don't care what the non-primes do.

JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Pajamas wrote:

You could also sign up for Prime free for 30 days, purchase the book, then cancel.

z91

Post by z91 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:42 pm

JoeRetire wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm
Pajamas wrote:

You could also sign up for Prime free for 30 days, purchase the book, then cancel.
Or just do what OP already did and buy it from Target, and save money in the process.

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:53 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
annielouise wrote:
The same is true for me. With the books, it's never a problem, because I can buy them from Amazon marketplace sellers. But some other items occasionally become unavailable to non-prime members and I want them new. I wait, and eventually I get them, sometimes at a lower price than the exclusive prime.

It also may be trying to prove to the primes the value of their subscription. And the primes don't realize that we, non-primes, have effective work-arounds.

Victoria
As an index fund holder thus a shareholder in Amazon, I fully support their preference and catering to Primes. They are a business and I own part of that business.

New data from the Consumer Intelligence Research shows that customers who spend $99 for an annual Prime membership go on to spend an average of $1,300 per year with the retailer, nearly double the amount spent by non-member customers.

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-amazo ... -it-2017-7
IMHO, Investing should be about living the life you want, not avoiding the life you fear. | Run, You Clever Boy! [9085]

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:10 pm

I wonder if this is some sort of experiment with an obscure (sorry, OP) product to test how many people looking at the book could be motivated to sign up for Prime because of the desire to buy it.

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:14 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:10 pm
I wonder if this is some sort of experiment with an obscure (sorry, OP) product to test how many people looking at the book could be motivated to sign up for Prime because of the desire to buy it.
Like companies do with different value coupons to figure out what triggers the response to buy in a specific household?
IMHO, Investing should be about living the life you want, not avoiding the life you fear. | Run, You Clever Boy! [9085]

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:17 pm

TheTimeLord wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:53 pm
New data from the Consumer Intelligence Research shows that customers who spend $99 for an annual Prime membership go on to spend an average of $1,300 per year with the retailer, nearly double the amount spent by non-member customers.
It recently went up to $119.
z91 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Or just do what OP already did and buy it from Target, and save money in the process.
Yes, as long as it's part of a $25 order to avoid $4.99 in shipping. Part of the deal with Amazon Prime is that ordering that book alone doesn't require extra shipping charges and delivery is generally faster than with other companies.

I am curious as to what company actually fulfills Target's book orders.
Last edited by Pajamas on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:21 pm

We saw Coco (Pixar animated movie) in Bluray format for sale at Amazon, but only for Prime members. My wife wanted it. No problem, I picked it up at my local Target instead, I was going that way anyway!

Whakamole

Post by Whakamole » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 pm

I've gone through the checkout process with enough in my cart to qualify for free shipping, and been told that I had a choice between moving to Prime or paying for shipping. Eventually after backing out of the checkout page and changing the shipping address to home instead of work, it let me get free shipping.

I've been buying through other companies lately (eBay, Newegg, etc.) and have had a much more pleasant experience. eBay sellers in particular live and die by their ratings and they bend over backwards to make you happy.

Billius

Post by Billius » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 pm

vtMaps wrote:

The past year or so I've been shopping around more when buying things online and often find a better price than Amazon on other sites (best find to date was a vacuum cleaner that was ~$70 cheaper on an online competitors site). Because of this, and the recent price increase to Prime memberships, my wife and I are dropping our Prime membership when the renewal comes up later this year.

I've been a Prime member pretty much since it started, so I did not know that blocks like you ran into were a thing. I guess I'll be bummed if I run into it, but... it's not the end of the world.

Billius

Post by Billius » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Nicolas wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:21 pm
We saw Coco (Pixar animated movie) in Bluray format for sale at Amazon, but only for Prime members. My wife wanted it. No problem, I picked it up at my local Target instead, I was going that way anyway!
It may have been cheaper at Target anyway, but for future reference if there's one near you: Best Buy price matches Amazon (not third-party sellers though) and it is super painless. You just have to show them the listing on the Amazon app and the cashier takes care of it at the register. They don't even have to call a manager. I have taken advantage of this offer extensively...

bertilak

Post by bertilak » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:56 pm

I joined Prime for the two-day free shipping way back when it was $50!

Prices went up and I hung on mostly from inertia. Then I got hooked on Prime Video streaming and that justified all the price increases.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker, the Cowboy Poet

galectin

Post by galectin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Silk McCue wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 pm
galectin wrote:
Nate79 wrote:
No. OP is correct.

Cheers
Yes, indeed. I stand corrected.
Thanks.

AlohaJoe

Post by AlohaJoe » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:10 pm
vtMaps wrote:
Is this the direction that Amazon is going? Perhaps they will end up like Costco, open only to paying members.
Amazon has been doing this since at least July 2015; that's 3 years now. It's not a new program.

iamlucky13

Post by iamlucky13 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Silk McCue wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 pm
galectin wrote:
Nate79 wrote:
No. OP is correct.

Cheers
Sort of. They would not be buying it from Amazon, as in cases where the customer is dissatisfied with the purchase, Amazon will no doubt make certain they're aware, even though they're buying it through Amazon, as in cases where the customer is satisfied with the purchase, Amazon would like you to remember.

Another observation of the OP's is certainly worth re-iterating - Amazon was not the place to find the best deal on this item, which is something I've been finding very frequently lately if I take 2-3 minutes to comparison shop.

Fortunately for him, Amazon helped educate him on the value of comparison shopping.
TheTimeLord wrote:

Precisely. They're trying to influence customers to make a decision that is strongly correlated to a behavior change in Amazon's favor. It's similar to Costco's membership model, but more confusing because of the mixed availability.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Billius wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

It may have been cheaper at Target anyway, but for future reference if there's one near you: Best Buy price matches Amazon (not third-party sellers though) and it is super painless. You just have to show them the listing on the Amazon app and the cashier takes care of it at the register. They don't even have to call a manager. I have taken advantage of this offer extensively...
Thank you for posting this. It will certainly be helpful to me.

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Billius wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm
Nicolas wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:21 pm
Billius, I did not know that. Yes we do have a Best Buy nearby. I’ll remember this for next time, thanks for the tip.

badProgrammer

Post by badProgrammer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 pm

As has been pointed out, if you pay for Prime, you spend, on average, substantially more at Amazon than non-Prime households, and Amazon wins.

But if you buy from a marketplace seller, Amazon still takes a cut and squeezes the profit margin of the small business due Amazon's dominance in marketplace and product search, and Amazon wins.

Either way, it seems like Amazon wins. Right?

Like OP, I have found Target to fairly often be the better deal, and Walmart is usually on par. But those extra 2-3 minutes of searching are, I'm guessing, often not happening when search-click-buy on Amazon has been so conditioned (and so EASY!). Usability of Walmart and, especially, Target sites leaves much to be desired.

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 pm

TheTimeLord wrote:
VictoriaF wrote:
annielouise wrote:

Victoria
As an index fund holder thus a shareholder in Amazon, I fully support their preference and catering to Primes. They are a business and I own part of that business.

This is a zero sum game. Whatever adds to Amazon's profits subtracts from the consumer pockets. Wherever Amazon stock price reflects its clever marketing, the price of other stocks in your index fund reflects the sales they have NOT made because of Amazon.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 pm
TheTimeLord wrote:
VictoriaF wrote:
annielouise wrote:

Victoria

This is a zero sum game. Whatever adds to Amazon's profits subtracts from the consumer pockets. Wherever Amazon stock price reflects its clever marketing, the price of other stocks in your index fund reflects the sales they have NOT made because of Amazon.

Victoria
Except Amazon's earnings are magnified but a much higher PE than other retail companies.

eucalyptus

Post by eucalyptus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 am

Do what I do and buy all your books from Barnes and Noble, the last national bookseller. If B&N fails, the US publishing industry, a cornerstone of our culture, will be in the hands of a predator.

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:22 am

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 am
Do what I do and buy all your books from Barnes and Noble, the last national bookseller. If B&N fails, the US publishing industry, a cornerstone of our culture, will be in the hands of a predator.
Barnes & Noble (BKS) is once again looking for a new CEO.

The struggling retailer said on Tuesday that it had terminated Chief Executive Demos Parneros for unspecified “violations” of the company’s policies, ending a 14-month stint at the helm of the largest U.S. bookstore chain. Parneros, who joined Barnes & Noble in late 2016 as operations chief before becoming its fourth CEO in four years a few months later, will not get a severance package and is no longer on its board.

The company said the termination was not related to any disagreement with Parneros over “financial reporting, policies or practices or any potential fraud.” A spokeswoman declined to comment beyond the press release.
http://fortune.com/2018/07/03/barnes-no ... -parneros/

barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:51 am

VictoriaF wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Victoria
Its not zero sum. If amazon can make a sale at a higher margin then that's more money into the index fund.

I don't get the amazon bashing here. All retail companies somewhere in their supply chain have underpaid worker in crappy conditions. I'm happy to let the delivery drivers sit in traffic while I make stuff in my shop or go fishing. Do I care if target has a book for $2 cheaper? Not really.

vtMaps

Post by vtMaps » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 pm

UPDATE:
I ordered the book (and a few other items) from Target on July 8 (I started this thread the next day). This afternoon (July 10) I received the book and the rest of the order. That's 48 hours from order to delivery. Much much better than any service I've ever had at Amazon, and at a better price.

--vtMaps
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. --James Branch Cabell

Silk McCue

Post by Silk McCue » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:48 pm

vtMaps wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 pm
UPDATE:
I ordered the book (and a few other items) from Target on July 8 (I started this thread the next day). This afternoon (July 10) I received the book and the rest of the order. That's 48 hours from order to delivery. Much much better than any service I've ever had at Amazon, and at a better price.

--vtMaps
7:30am order placed while while eating breakfast at my house with a delivery at 10am that day is fastest delivery from Amazon I’ve ever had. I just ordered 2 items Monday at 11am and had them at 8pm. No shipping charge. Amazon may have it’s issues like any business but they do it right a huge percentage of the time and make it right when the inevitable problem arises.

Cheers

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Silk McCue wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:48 pm
vtMaps wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 pm
UPDATE:

--vtMaps
7:30am order placed while while eating breakfast at my house with a delivery at 10am that day is fastest delivery from Amazon I’ve ever had. I just ordered 2 items Monday at 11am and had them at 8pm. No shipping charge. Amazon may have it’s issues like any business but they do it right a huge percentage of the time and make it right when the inevitable problem arises.

Cheers
True that. I have got free same day delivery on Sundays from Amazon. Use them, don't use them, but don't pretend they do an amazing job 99.9% of the time. FWIW, from my experience they are incredible at handling returns too.

jjface

Post by jjface » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Just note there are about 30 sellers on amazon selling it new and would have sold it to a non prime member. But yes be thankful you got it at a lower price anyway!

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 am

VictoriaF wrote:
It also may be trying to prove to the primes the value of their subscription.
Seems to me that this “value” is manufactured by Amazon, rather than true value.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

mouses

Post by mouses » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:51 am

TheTimeLord wrote:

\New data from the Consumer Intelligence Research shows that customers who spend $99 for an annual Prime membership go on to spend an average of $1,300 per year with the retailer, nearly double the amount spent by non-member customers.

[/quote]

Good for Amazon, maybe not good for the customer. I resist anything that seems to be pushing me to spend money.

Amazon's delivery has been a problem with my last two orders.

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:42 am

mouses wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:51 am
TheTimeLord wrote:

Good for Amazon, maybe not good for the customer. I resist anything that seems to be pushing me to spend money.

Amazon's delivery has been a problem with my last two orders.
I am sure delivery quality differs from area to area, but the question would be who was the carrier in your area and if a different carrier would be used by another internet retailer. I receive Amazon orders from all carriers including Amazon vans and have had zero issues. I love getting a text when the package is delivered. We have also ordered items from Charity wishlists for direct delivery and gifts for relatives. So far 0 issues. I joined Prime about 2 years ago and for me it has been an awesome value. I also use the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card for 5% credit on purchases and use Amazon Smile to donate to a local charity.

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:43 am

oldcomputerguy wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:37 am
VictoriaF wrote:
Seems to me that this “value” is manufactured by Amazon, rather than true value.
For me, Amazon Prime has a negative value for the reasons as follows:
1. As a non-prime member, I don't place orders until I have enough items to qualify for a free delivery. If I were a prime member, I would lose this constraint and make more spontaneous purchases. In behavioral economics terms, this serves me as a commitment device.
2. I don't want to have access to free videos, because I know that I would be watching more than I should. This is another commitment device.
3. Finally, I try to avoid recurring fees wherever I can. In behavioral economics, there is a concept of coherent arbitrariness coined by Dan Ariely. You start something on a whim, and the longer you do it, the more you justify it to yourself and the more difficulty you have to break away.

Victoria

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:46 am

oldcomputerguy wrote:
VictoriaF wrote:
Seriously. Amazon has revolutionized retail and driven down prices and you don't think they have created real value? What is with all the people yelling "Get off my lawn" about Amazon?

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:16 am

TheTimeLord wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:46 am
oldcomputerguy wrote:
VictoriaF wrote:
Seriously. Amazon has revolutionized retail and driven down prices and you don't think they have created real value? What is with all the people yelling "Get off my lawn" about Amazon?
I can't speak for oldcomputerguy, but I distinguish the value Amazon has created by creating a large marketplace and the value of Prime membership. I am a frequent Amazon user and don't want Amazon to go away. But I am trying to be smart about using Amazon, and for me using Prime is not smart.

Victoria