Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
CULater

Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Post by CULater » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am

I'm thinking about looking at John Knox Village senior independent living community in Kansas City. Wondering what it's like to live there and what kind of $$ we're talking about. Would appreciate any input.
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far. ~ Irish Blessing

dbr

Re: Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Post by dbr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 am

CULater wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am
I'm thinking about looking at John Knox Village senior independent living community in Kansas City. Wondering what it's like to live there and what kind of $$ we're talking about. Would appreciate any input.
I know nothing about them, but I do know that if you want to know what it will cost you to live there you need to contact them and discuss the costs. I see they have different arrangement and different levels of service and care, so the cost will vary hugely depending on your particular circumstances.

Castanea_d.

Re: Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Post by Castanea_d. » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 pm

My in-laws have lived there for all of their retirement; they love it. When they were in their sixties and seventies they were quite active in activities (trips, etc.) and made a lot of friends; now that they are in their 80's/early 90's they don't do nearly so much, but they still love it and the facility is taking good care of them.