Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Mr400meterdash
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am

Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Mr400meterdash » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Hello all,

I am getting married here shortly and we are having a dry wedding due to neither of our families being big drinkers. We want to have something fun for people to drink as well though other than just pop, water, or lemonade.

Does anyone have any suggestions for non alcoholic drinks that they enjoy? I am looking up mixed drinks that don't include alcohol and those look good but maybe you all have ones that are fan favorites!


Your help is greatly appreciated!

Wellfleet
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Wellfleet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 am

Consider a mudslide or piñata colata machine or ice cream bar at the least. I don't think I've ever been to a dry wedding.

Rupert
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Rupert » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 am

At every dry wedding I've attended, soft drinks, water, coffee, and some sort of punch was served. I don't really see the point of non-alcoholic mixed drinks. I'd spend my money on really excellent food instead.

AerialP
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Central Kentucky

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by AerialP » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 am

Perhaps something along these lines?: https://www.southernplate.com/wedding-a ... ary-punch/

Or a make-your-own rootbeer float station, with various brands of the soda and some differing icecream selections, might be good fun.
In my grandparents' non-alcoholic household, the usual New Year's Eve punch was Sprite/7-Up or ginger ale with fruit sherbet. Fond childhood memories of that.

Jack FFR1846
Posts: 7774
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:05 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Jack FFR1846 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am

Diet Coke all day long!

Or maybe diet Dr. Pepper.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid

bloom2708
Posts: 4773
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by bloom2708 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 am

Mix 1 part 7 up/Sprite with 1 part lemonade or strawberry lemonade or fruit punch. Think 2 liter bottles or gallon containers.

Add some fresh strawberries/blueberries and ice. No need to get complicated. This makes a pretty refreshing drink.
Where to spend your time: | 1. You completely control <--spend your time here! | 2. You partially control <--spend your time here! | 3. You have no control <--spend no time here!

User avatar
TomatoTomahto
Posts: 7592
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by TomatoTomahto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:55 am

If I were a guest, I’d really appreciate unsweetened iced tea. I don’t drink alcohol, and other than coffee or water, it’s my go-to drink when I’m out.

Texanbybirth
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Texanbybirth » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 am

Iced Tea (sweet and unsweet, maybe some peach flavored stuff as a third option - at least down here during the summer!), regular and diet soft drinks (Dr Pepper of course), coffee and (possibly) hot tea. If there will be lots of children, I like the idea of a ____-float or milkshake bar.

That will give people plenty of options to mix with the alcohol they sneak in their flasks. :D I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

It's great that you're being considerate of your guests, but most people won't care too much what there is to drink. Best of luck as you begin your marriage journey!

runner3081
Posts: 1618
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by runner3081 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 am

AerialP wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 am
Or a make-your-own rootbeer float station, with various brands of the soda and some differing icecream selections, might be good fun.
We did that at our wedding, was a HUGE hit!

Maybe some slushy type drinks would be good too?

daheld
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by daheld » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 am

If you're going to serve soda (what in the world is pop?! :) ), I recommend seeing if there are any craft soda makers in your area. Lots of microbreweries also make soda, and it's relatively easy to buy a keg of craft soda--fruit sodas, root beer, etc.

You can also rent "slushee" type machines you see at 7-11 or wherever. Just ask your caterer.

User avatar
dm200
Posts: 18298
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Washington DC area

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by dm200 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 am

Sparkling water - perhaps some with fruit flavors.

User avatar
dm200
Posts: 18298
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Washington DC area

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by dm200 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am

If you're going to serve soda (what in the world is pop?! :) ),
Where I grew up - we did not have a clue what "soda" was - until I went to college. Bottled or canned soft drinks were "pop". it is a regional thing :)

User avatar
dm200
Posts: 18298
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Washington DC area

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by dm200 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

Mr400meterdash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am
Hello all,
I am getting married here shortly and we are having a dry wedding due to neither of our families being big drinkers. We want to have something fun for people to drink as well though other than just pop, water, or lemonade.
Does anyone have any suggestions for non alcoholic drinks that they enjoy? I am looking up mixed drinks that don't include alcohol and those look good but maybe you all have ones that are fan favorites!
Your help is greatly appreciated!
If your budget allows, maybe hire "bartender" who can make drinks without alcohol.

User avatar
Kitty Telltales
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 am
Location: In the middle of the EU sometimes Florida

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Kitty Telltales » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am

A keg of birchbeer on tap. :sharebeer

Sparkling apple cider--this can even be done with apple juice and club soda-- quite popular in Germany

Infused water with cucumber/lime/raspberries

ResearchMed
Posts: 7170
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 am

dm200 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am
Mr400meterdash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am
Hello all,
I am getting married here shortly and we are having a dry wedding due to neither of our families being big drinkers. We want to have something fun for people to drink as well though other than just pop, water, or lemonade.
Does anyone have any suggestions for non alcoholic drinks that they enjoy? I am looking up mixed drinks that don't include alcohol and those look good but maybe you all have ones that are fan favorites!
Your help is greatly appreciated!
If your budget allows, maybe hire "bartender" who can make drinks without alcohol.
IF you do this, then you might want to have a "menu" posted.
There are lots of clever and tasty non-alcoholic "drinks", but many people won't know about them or what is possible to request.

Sparkling cider can also be used instead of champagne for toasts, in regular champagne flutes - and also throughout the festivities.

Sounds like it could be great fun.

You could perhaps also have a keg of local root beer "on tap", for another nice touch.
It all depends on both the number of guests and the budget, of course.

Best wishes to both of you!

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

daheld
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by daheld » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 am

dm200 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am
If you're going to serve soda (what in the world is pop?! :) ),
Where I grew up - we did not have a clue what "soda" was - until I went to college. Bottled or canned soft drinks were "pop". it is a regional thing :)
I'm well aware. I married a Michigander.

ResearchMed
Posts: 7170
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 am

dm200 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am
If you're going to serve soda (what in the world is pop?! :) ),
Where I grew up - we did not have a clue what "soda" was - until I went to college. Bottled or canned soft drinks were "pop". it is a regional thing :)
I was quite startled at a restaurant after a move, when I was asked if I wanted "a tonic".
Um, did I look sick? :confused

And previously, when I had asked for a cherry soda, expecting my regular carbonated cherry flavored, clear/pinkish-red beverage, I was startled when a humongous glass with lots of scoops of ice cream, with some pink liquid also, and lots of whipped cream on top... I was just *thirsty*!

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

Dottie57
Posts: 4457
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Dottie57 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 am

AerialP wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 am
Perhaps something along these lines?: https://www.southernplate.com/wedding-a ... ary-punch/

Or a make-your-own rootbeer float station, with various brands of the soda and some differing icecream selections, might be good fun.
In my grandparents' non-alcoholic household, the usual New Year's Eve punch was Sprite/7-Up or ginger ale with fruit sherbet. Fond childhood memories of that.
Seven up -sherbet float is a favorite for me.

moneywise3
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by moneywise3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 am

Congratulations! Bloody mary mix, smoothies, veg juices etc. Iced tea coffees and matcha are some other options.

WS1
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by WS1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 am

A little effort and attempted sophistication can go a long way.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziekruva ... you-happy?

tenkuky
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by tenkuky » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 am

Shirley Temples!
The kids will love them.
https://www.saranac.com/soft-drink/shirley-temple/

User avatar
Earl Lemongrab
Posts: 5410
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 am

dm200 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am
If you're going to serve soda (what in the world is pop?! :) ),
Where I grew up - we did not have a clue what "soda" was - until I went to college. Bottled or canned soft drinks were "pop". it is a regional thing :)
Usage map: http://popvssoda.com/
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

winterfan
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:06 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by winterfan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:00 am

Kitty Telltales wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am
A keg of birchbeer on tap. :sharebeer

Sparkling apple cider--this can even be done with apple juice and club soda-- quite popular in Germany

Infused water with cucumber/lime/raspberries
+1 Also check out the Lorina line of sparkling drinks. They come in pretty bottles and taste great!

Glockenspiel
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Glockenspiel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:03 am

Earl Lemongrab wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 am
dm200 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am
If you're going to serve soda (what in the world is pop?! :) ),
Where I grew up - we did not have a clue what "soda" was - until I went to college. Bottled or canned soft drinks were "pop". it is a regional thing :)
Usage map: http://popvssoda.com/
Pop has a MUCH larger geographic representation than Soda. And the people that call it Coke are just flat out telling a lie.

The Wizard
Posts: 12264
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: Reading, MA

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by The Wizard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 am

Texanbybirth wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 am

...That will give people plenty of options to mix with the alcohol they sneak in their flasks. :D I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
BYOF, yes...
Attempted new signature...

User avatar
Alexa9
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:41 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Alexa9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

I would get giant mason jars: virgin sangria, cucumber lemon water with mint or whatever herbs, a small keg of good root beer or ginger beer, limeade, lemonade, iced tea.
A dry wedding does not sound festive to me personally however. Whenever I've heard someone say "dry wedding" I always hear grumbling.

Mr400meterdash
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Mr400meterdash » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

Alexa9 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am
I would get giant mason jars: virgin sangria, cucumber lemon water with mint or whatever herbs, a small keg of good root beer or ginger beer, limeade, lemonade, iced tea.
A dry wedding does not sound festive to me personally however. Whenever I've heard someone say "dry wedding" I always hear grumbling.
I have heard that people grumble with dry weddings as well but our wedding will be around 225 people and maybe 25 of them would drink alcohol if it were offered while the others would choose differently. We would have to pay for a security person as well if we wanted alcohol plus a bartender which seems like a waste of money just to please 25 people. We will be having some alcohol the night before at our rehearsal dinner for those that want some but not at the wedding.

nordsteve
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:23 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by nordsteve » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:48 am

You could hire a _talented_ bartender to make nonalcoholic drinks.

Another idea is to rent a Freestyle machine.

getthatmarshmallow
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by getthatmarshmallow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:50 am

Google 'mocktails' for ideas. Typically they're made with a flavored sugar syrup and soda water, but one can get really creative with the kinds of syrups on offer. A friend of mine hosted a baby shower for me, and made the syrups such that they would pair well with spirits or with soda water. Everyone else relaxed with cocktails, and I, very pregnant, had a fancy little drink. A little fancier and less sweet than sodas.

User avatar
Alexa9
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:41 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Alexa9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am

Mr400meterdash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

I have heard that people grumble with dry weddings as well but our wedding will be around 225 people and maybe 25 of them would drink alcohol if it were offered while the others would choose differently. We would have to pay for a security person as well if we wanted alcohol plus a bartender which seems like a waste of money just to please 25 people. We will be having some alcohol the night before at our rehearsal dinner for those that want some but not at the wedding.
Completely up to you. But you're telling me that 200 people don't drink any alcohol? On a special occasion, even people that don't normally drink will usually have at least a glass of champagne or wine. If you can't afford alcohol for the wedding that's different, but that's not something I would cut costs on personally. It changes the whole vibe of the wedding. You want your guests that do drink to have a good time.
Last edited by Alexa9 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sailaway
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by sailaway » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Have a soda bar, with colorful syrups and fizzy water. And cherries, of course!

Sparkling grape juice for toasting.

People who can't handle a dry wedding have bigger issues than can be addressed by the bride and groom.

SrGrumpy
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by SrGrumpy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Alexa9 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am

Completely up to you. But you're telling me that 200 people don't drink any alcohol? On a special occasion, even people that don't normally drink will usually have at least a glass of champagne or wine.
Getting OT here, but I've been to dry events in the past and taken a hip flask of Jack Daniels to mix with the Coke on offer. I'm sure the wedding guests in need of some alcohol will be fine.

User avatar
Kitty Telltales
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 am
Location: In the middle of the EU sometimes Florida

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Kitty Telltales » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm

winterfan wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:00 am
Kitty Telltales wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am
A keg of birchbeer on tap. :sharebeer

Sparkling apple cider--this can even be done with apple juice and club soda-- quite popular in Germany

Infused water with cucumber/lime/raspberries
+1 Also check out the Lorina line of sparkling drinks. They come in pretty bottles and taste great!
And serve it in stemware! My mother used to say everything tastes better in stemware, even water.

audioaxes
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by audioaxes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Green Crush has become very popular in malls around here. My wife is obsessed and has been trying to make agua frescas that taste just as good. They would be great for a large gathering like a wedding.
Looks like they cater too:
https://www.greencrush.com/catering

Are you totally against your guests drinking? Maybe your venue offers a cash bar with no additional cost to you to appease those that do and keep the celebration jumping. The one wedding reception I been to with no alcohol served died down to a crawl before it was even halfway over.

criticalmass
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by criticalmass » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Alexa9 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am
Mr400meterdash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

I have heard that people grumble with dry weddings as well but our wedding will be around 225 people and maybe 25 of them would drink alcohol if it were offered while the others would choose differently. We would have to pay for a security person as well if we wanted alcohol plus a bartender which seems like a waste of money just to please 25 people. We will be having some alcohol the night before at our rehearsal dinner for those that want some but not at the wedding.
Completely up to you. But you're telling me that 200 people don't drink any alcohol? On a special occasion, even people that don't normally drink will usually have at least a glass of champagne or wine. If you can't afford alcohol for the wedding that's different, but that's not something I would cut costs on personally. It changes the whole vibe of the wedding. You want your guests that do drink to have a good time.
Consider Arnold Palmer drinks (or tea-cooler if you are in Pennsylvania/Vanguard land!). And nothing wrong with skipping alcohol. I drink occasionally, but the presence of alcohol certainly wouldn't cause me to have a better time at a wedding / reception.

AerialP
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Central Kentucky

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by AerialP » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm

In reference to responses which are grumbling about potential inevitable grumbling, it is my general personal belief that funerals are for those left behind and weddings are for the happy couple. The ceremony and celebration should be on the couple's own terms! If it bothers attendees that there will be no alcohol served then that is definitely their problem and not yours.

Youngblood
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:18 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Youngblood » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Alexa9 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am
Mr400meterdash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

I have heard that people grumble with dry weddings as well but our wedding will be around 225 people and maybe 25 of them would drink alcohol if it were offered while the others would choose differently. We would have to pay for a security person as well if we wanted alcohol plus a bartender which seems like a waste of money just to please 25 people. We will be having some alcohol the night before at our rehearsal dinner for those that want some but not at the wedding.
Completely up to you. But you're telling me that 200 people don't drink any alcohol? On a special occasion, even people that don't normally drink will usually have at least a glass of champagne or wine. If you can't afford alcohol for the wedding that's different, but that's not something I would cut costs on personally. It changes the whole vibe of the wedding. You want your guests that do drink to have a good time.
I'm one of those people who only have an occasional beer. At weddings, however, I've enjoyed the various open bars including the ones at my three daughters' receptions. Sugared non-alcoholic drinks or diet drinks only? Probably a recipe for a very quite and boring celebration.

FWIW, I was lobbying for the non-alcohol option myself but so glad I took the advice of others.
"I made my money by selling too soon." | Bernard M. Baruch

MathWizard
Posts: 2997
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by MathWizard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:53 pm

We had a dry wedding. My mother never drank, and my In-laws were very anti-booze at weddings.

For the toast, you can get sparkling white grape juice, then the kids can participate as well.
This comes in bottles that look like champagne bottles, and it has bubbles like champagne.

We served it in Flutes.

We had fruit punch and coffee otherwise.

barnaclebob
Posts: 2947
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by barnaclebob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Alexa9 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am
Mr400meterdash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

I have heard that people grumble with dry weddings as well but our wedding will be around 225 people and maybe 25 of them would drink alcohol if it were offered while the others would choose differently. We would have to pay for a security person as well if we wanted alcohol plus a bartender which seems like a waste of money just to please 25 people. We will be having some alcohol the night before at our rehearsal dinner for those that want some but not at the wedding.
Completely up to you. But you're telling me that 200 people don't drink any alcohol? On a special occasion, even people that don't normally drink will usually have at least a glass of champagne or wine. If you can't afford alcohol for the wedding that's different, but that's not something I would cut costs on personally. It changes the whole vibe of the wedding. You want your guests that do drink to have a good time.

I'm guessing this is a religious wedding where you aren't supposed to drink.

MotoTrojan
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by MotoTrojan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Italian soda station with various flavored syrups.

OnTrack2020
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by OnTrack2020 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:06 pm

There are lots of specialty sodas in glass bottles with all different type of flavors which might be fun.

Definitely water and coffee. Not sure about lemonade. I like it, but it doesn't always go that well with wedding cake. :happy I'd try out some punch recipes that would go well with your cake.

OnTrack2020
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by OnTrack2020 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm

sailaway wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm


People who can't handle a dry wedding have bigger issues than can be addressed by the bride and groom.

This.

audioaxes
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by audioaxes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 pm

OnTrack2020 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm
sailaway wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm


People who can't handle a dry wedding have bigger issues than can be addressed by the bride and groom.

This.
its not about people not being able to handle a dry wedding, but the simple fact that many people become more happy/loose/festive with a little spirit in them which can give an infectious energy boost to a party that even those not drinking can feed off of.

birdy
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by birdy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:35 pm

I don't understand all this must provide dinner/free bar stuff at weddings now days. When I was married we had cake and punch. Now I guess brides feel obligated to feed people to "pay" them for their wedding gifts! The idea that you can't have a wedding reception without booze is ridiculous. I guess some of you can't have any fun if you can't drink! You are there to celebrate the happy couple, not just for the entertainment of going out. If a dry reception is what you want...IT IS YOUR WEDDING CELEBRATION! Good luck to you with starting your new future together.

birdy :D

Church Lady
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by Church Lady » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 pm

OnTrack2020 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm
sailaway wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm


People who can't handle a dry wedding have bigger issues than can be addressed by the bride and groom.

This.
+1. Some of you people need to lighten up. It's OP's wedding, not yours.
He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. Ecclesiastes 1:8

michaeljc70
Posts: 3547
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by michaeljc70 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 pm

I wish I could help, but I don't drink non-alcoholic beverages. :shock:

NotWhoYouThink
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by NotWhoYouThink » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:19 pm

TomatoTomahto wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:55 am
If I were a guest, I’d really appreciate unsweetened iced tea. I don’t drink alcohol, and other than coffee or water, it’s my go-to drink when I’m out.
Yes, tea please. And maybe some club soda with lime.

User avatar
buccimane
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by buccimane » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Church Lady wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 pm
+1. Some of you people need to lighten up. It's OP's wedding, not yours.
Imagine all of us people that need to lighten up crowded together at a dry wedding :sharebeer
A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still

OnTrack2020
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by OnTrack2020 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 pm

audioaxes wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 pm
OnTrack2020 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm
sailaway wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm


People who can't handle a dry wedding have bigger issues than can be addressed by the bride and groom.

This.
its not about people not being able to handle a dry wedding, but the simple fact that many people become more happy/loose/festive with a little spirit in them which can give an infectious energy boost to a party that even those not drinking can feed off of.
Church Lady wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 pm
OnTrack2020 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm
sailaway wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm


People who can't handle a dry wedding have bigger issues than can be addressed by the bride and groom.

This.
+1. Some of you people need to lighten up. It's OP's wedding, not yours.
Yes, and OP has made it clear that she's having a wedding with no alcohol.

William55
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Non-alcoholic drinks for wedding

Post by William55 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:50 pm

I recently went to a dry wedding and it was one of the better weddings I have attended. Nice to not have to worry about drunk person being a liability. Drinks were normal fountain drinks and they had LOTS of La Croix.... like every flavor

Locked