considering switching from verizon to t-mobile

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DiggleRex

considering switching from verizon to t-mobile

Post by DiggleRex »

I've been with verizon for 18 years but am thinking about switching to t-mobile. I have no problem with Verizon's service/customer service, or even cost. My problem is their lack of phone choice compared to all the phones that work on GSM (huawei, honor, nokia, oneplus etc). I'd rather get a $500 flagship than a $800 one. I called t-mobile this morning to find out more about the process of switching. One thing I could not get a clear answer on is which credit bureau they use (all my credit is frozen) although from what little I can find out on the internet, it seems like they favor transunion. Has anyone made the switch from verzion to t-mobile and is happy? For what it's worth, I'm in florida, and my area seems to have good t-mobile coverage (I have friends in the area who love it). Also, I always buy my phones outright, full cost. I'd be interested in buying an unlocked phone. Also if anyone has insight on the process (whether to do it online, phone, in store) such as transferring number, steps that need to be taken and in what order, etc, that would be helpful. Thank you.