Has anyone used www.newacunit.com before

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
misterno

Has anyone used www.newacunit.com before

Post by misterno »

I am in the market for a new ac unit and I came across to this website

I needed to replace my old unit and so I knew the specs. I entered 2.5 tons in the attic and the results are unbelievable cheap

The cheapest local AC guys gave me $3,150 for parts and $900 for labor totaling around $4,000

But this website is telling me 3600+ tax everything included. I will try them and report but I was wondering if anyone tried them before

djpeteski

Re: Has anyone used www.newacunit.com before

Post by djpeteski »

misterno wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 am I am in the market for a new ac unit and I came across to this website

I needed to replace my old unit and so I knew the specs. I entered 2.5 tons in the attic and the results are unbelievable cheap

The cheapest local AC guys gave me $3,150 for parts and $900 for labor totaling around $4,000

But this website is telling me 3600+ tax everything included. I will try them and report but I was wondering if anyone tried them before

I bet you could use the quote to talk your ac guy down. I would not classify a 10% discount as "unbelievable".
jbuzolich

Post by jbuzolich »

Hope the install goes well, but yeah on the discount I was thinking you found it for $1600 when I opened the thread. Couple hundred you could likely do the same or better getting 3+ quotes. We installed a four zone ductless mini-split at our cabin and the quotes ranged just over $10k apart from each other between the highest and lowest. Wildly different configurations too on what equipment sizes the installers felt was needed or allowed by the manufacturer.
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

I've never used them, nor heard of them. On its face I think I would prefer to work with my own local contractors directly and avoid the middleman. Dont just go by the price, and be sure you are comparing apples to apples including replacement of lines and other parts. Check out the other numerous threads here about hvac repkacements. Good luck!
Topic Author
misterno

Post by misterno »

I searched for some reviews on internet

facebook yelp google are full of positive reviews

I am still researching

will update
chambers136

Post by chambers136 »

I've never used Goodman units, but from what I understand they are a low grade brand. I've seen the units themselves very cheap online, I've never looked for someone to do a complete install on one.