SIM card for Portugal vacation

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Myopic squirrel

SIM card for Portugal vacation

Post by Myopic squirrel » Tue May 22, 2018 4:17 pm

We're leaving for Portugal next Monday for a 2 week vacation and would like to use our Consumer Cellular flip phones (DW & I are technologically challenged. We don't text & use our phones strictly for talking). CC phones can be unlocked upon request, and CC now has an international SIM card using Tmobile, with .30 @ minute talking. While I anticipate not having to use the phone frequently (but you never know), and the convenience of having the SIM in place prior to departure (can be obtained at Target or Sears), it appears Vodafone is a popular choice. I mention convenience because having read of long lines at Vodafone in the Lisbon airport. Plus people will be meeting us at the airport, & don't want to inconvenience them unnecessarily. Can anyone tell me if "talk minutes" only are available from Vodafone, & if so, what the rate is? Thank you in advance.

Myopic squirrel

Re: SIM card for Portugal vacation

Post by Myopic squirrel » Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Please ignore my post. Turns out the CC flip phone does not support a G4 device that the Tmobile SIM card requires.The penalty for being technologically challenged *G*