Men's Boxer briefs without brand/embossing

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Caduceus

Men's Boxer briefs without brand/embossing

Post by Caduceus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 am

Do any of you know any brands of men's boxer briefs that don't actually print the brand anywhere on the boxer briefs? I've been googling for 30 minutes and can't seem to find any.

Pajamas

Re: Men's Boxer briefs without brand/embossing

Post by Pajamas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:17 am

You can remove a tag with a seam ripper in under a minute. Looks like there are a few brands of boxer briefs on Amazon such as Hanes and Fruit of the Loom that have a small tag sewn on the outside of a plain waistband and you could check to see if they have anything printed inside.

NJdad6

Post by NJdad6 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:35 am

Costco Kirkland brand. Good quality and good price.

jdb

Post by jdb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:05 pm

OK, someone had to ask, might as well be me. Why do you care? No one has ever mentioned labels on my boxer briefs. Just curious.

arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Just change your name to Joe and you'll be fine. Of course you'll have to also change your career to boxing.
"May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live" -- Irish Blessing | "Invest we must" -- Jack Bogle

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Tags are a thing of the past mostly. My underwear has dyed-on labels which I guess you can say is printed. The waistbands have weaved-in brand name.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

Post by 123 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:13 pm

jdb wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:05 pm
OK, someone had to ask, might as well be me. Why do you care? No one has ever mentioned labels on my boxer briefs. Just curious.
I'll chime in and guess that the OP is going to be involved in some type of photography or video presentation and one of the ground rules may be that you cannot display anything that may be construed as a trademark.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

d0gerz

Post by d0gerz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Caduceus wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:10 am
Do any of you know any brands of men's boxer briefs that don't actually print the brand anywhere on the boxer briefs? I've been googling for 30 minutes and can't seem to find any.
Uniqlo.

38,000 ft

Post by 38,000 ft » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Haven’t tried them yet myself but meaning to, check out Everlane.

Arinbjorn

Post by Arinbjorn » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:29 am

So, new boxer briefs and new socks annually make me feel like a king. One of the few things I will splurge a bit on are those things.

Duluth Trading Co has excellent offerings. My normal thing is to wait for their Thanksgiving sale, seems to be the best sale of the year.

If you're tall and prefer extra long leg length, they carry the rare extra long length. They have a couple various other offerings I haven't seen before - the "bull pen", etc.

No regrets! Recommended.

lazydavid

Post by lazydavid » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:58 am

What is the purpose avoiding branding? If it's to eliminate tags that can chafe, most modern stuff don't have actual tags anymore. The info that would have been on the tag is silkscreened on the inside of the seat, and disappears entirely after a few dozen washes.

If you're a public figure and you're concerned about opposition spies raiding your underwear drawer :mrgreen: it does get more tricky. My Fruit of the Loom have the brand embossed on the waistband, so you can see it if you look really closely. I have some Hanes that just have an X on the waistband in an alternating color.