Amazon Prime Going Sideways/Weird Shipment Problems

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Barefootgirl

Amazon Prime Going Sideways/Weird Shipment Problems

Post by Barefootgirl » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 am

I've been an Amazon Prime member for a few years, paying for 2 day delivery, some free video viewing and that's about it. For 30 days return policy purposes, it was great to have their delivery information to track return eligibility.

Over the past few months, now only about 20% of my deliveries are still delivered in 2 days, now mostly 3 - 7 days.

In the past month? None delivered in two days and delivery dates completely wrong. In some cases, I have received the items, but Amazon says they are still on the way, no delivery date available. In other cases, packages now lost and not traceable.

Makes me wonder what I am paying for, if Prime delivery is either now standard delivery timelines or not delivered at all.

Am I the only one to notice this change?
How many retired people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but he takes all day.

student

Re: Amazon Prime Going Sideways/Weird Shipment Problems

Post by student » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:56 am

You should call/chat to complain. It is standard for them to extend your prime membership for one month if they do not deliver on the date that they promised.

darrvao777

Post by darrvao777 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:21 am

Barefootgirl wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 am
I've been an Amazon Prime member for a few years, paying for 2 day delivery, some free video viewing and that's about it. For 30 days return policy purposes, it was great to have their delivery information to track return eligibility.

Over the past few months, now only about 20% of my deliveries are still delivered in 2 days, now mostly 3 - 7 days.

In the past month? None delivered in two days and delivery dates completely wrong. In some cases, I have received the items, but Amazon says they are still on the way, no delivery date available. In other cases, packages now lost and not traceable.

Makes me wonder what I am paying for, if Prime delivery is either now standard delivery timelines or not delivered at all.

You can call to complain but depending on the shipping partner (I've had terrible experiences with LaserShip), things may not get better. Also as mentioned, they'll extend your prime membership for free for one month but what good is that if the packages are always consistently late?

I live in a fairly remote area and Amazon either uses FedEx, UPS, or USPS and I've noticed they are great with 2 day shipping.

My in laws live in NYC where LaserShip seems to run rampant and I've given up on using Amazon altogether there.

I also highly recommend using a credit card with strong purchase protection (have had great experiences with Amex and Citi cards) so in the likely event that packages are lost, damaged, or very late, I am not on the hook for charges.

sperry8

Post by sperry8 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:45 am

I have had the same experiences here in Miami. Previously in Los Angeles it was lock down 2 day delivery, sometimes upgraded to 1 day. But here it is the norm to do 3-4 day delivery and it is rare to see 2 day. I called and chatted to complain. They claim it isn't the delivery but rather the products that sometimes aren't in stock and there was nothing they could do. It's a load of bs since I'm ordering things that say in stock and the show a guaranteed delivery date of 2 days (although never hit it). Downhill for sure.
Humbling BH contest results: 2017: #516 of 647 | 2016: #121 of 610 | 2015: #18 of 552 | 2014: #225 of 503 | 2013: #383 of 433 | 2012: #366 of 410 | 2011: #113 of 369 | 2010: #53 of 282

Atgard

Post by Atgard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:51 am

For what it's worth, I've still been very happy with Amazon Prime. They don't always arrive in 2 days, but the definitely do more often than not, probably 75%+. Most of the time, an extra day or two isn't a big deal to me. When it is a big deal, or an item is very late, Amazon has been good about offering some sort of compensation, upping a late-shipping item to overnight shipping to arrive faster, etc.

Maybe it depends what shipping partner they use in different areas.

wilshuer

Post by wilshuer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 am

Definitely has gone downhill. With UPS almost always on time. They will often use USPS or surepost to USPS, which is hit and miss - mostly miss. What’s worse is with USPS the tracking is meaningless, sometimes shows it’s at our local post office for 2-3 days. I haven’t particularly complained yet, but getting to that point.

The other trick they seem to be playing is with subscribe and save. We order quite a few sundries using it. In past 6 months get a notice regular items are out of stock and won’t be shipped. However if you go to the item’s page, you can order at regular price and ship immediately.

runner9

Post by runner9 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 am

E-mail Jeff@amazon.com

It's the CEO's generic e-mail, you'll get a response from someone who worked higher in customer service that the generic chat or phone call person.

When we had 2 packages back to back late when shipping with Amazon Shipping (or whatever it's called) I wrote a nice e-mail, included the order numbers and details. 1 day later I had $50 credit to our account and assurance they would not ship to us with Amazon Shipping again. So far, so good. 90% with USPS, 10% with UPS and 0 with their shipping company that messed up twice.

fishandgolf

Post by fishandgolf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:29 am

Atgard wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:51 am
For what it's worth, I've still been very happy with Amazon Prime. They don't always arrive in 2 days, but the definitely do more often than not, probably 75%+. Most of the time, an extra day or two isn't a big deal to me. When it is a big deal, or an item is very late, Amazon has been good about offering some sort of compensation, upping a late-shipping item to overnight shipping to arrive faster, etc.

Maybe it depends what shipping partner they use in different areas.
+1 DW and I order ton's of stuff from Amazon Prime and for the most part, their 2-day delivery has been prompt (WI). In a few cases it's a day early, other times it might be a day late.....overall........very . :D satisfied

dknightd

Post by dknightd » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 am

They have still been very reliable for us. I can think of only one late package, and that was during a major snowstorm.
Have you tried reporting the problem to Amazon? So far I've found their customer service to be very good.

F150HD

Post by F150HD » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:48 am

Barefootgirl wrote:

did you do a forum search for this issue? Have read threads on this before.

This is one reason I cancelled Prime years ago. Shipments got farmed from UPS to USPS etc...they typically took 3-5 days, not 2. Also the 'Prime' video selection wasnt that exciting so no loss.

Regardless, I still shop on Amazon, but any item I need I don't mind waiting 5 days for....if I need something faster I'll buy at brick & mortar. SO, dumped prime, same shipping times. Win Win for me and $$$ in my pocket.

mikemagz11

Post by mikemagz11 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:55 am

I'm surprised to see people having issues. Maybe it's location, but I've ordered hundreds of items using Prime over the past few years and not a single one has come late.

fishandgolf

Post by fishandgolf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:00 am

DHL recently announced they were re-entering the package delivery service in the US. A little competition for UPS and Fed X... :sharebeer

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/16/dhl-exp ... x-ups.html

miles monroe

Post by miles monroe » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 am

mikemagz11 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:55 am
I'm surprised to see people having issues. Maybe it's location, but I've ordered hundreds of items using Prime over the past few years and not a single one has come late.
same here. no issues.

pshonore

Post by pshonore » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:19 am

Same here (with Amazon Prime "covered items"). If it says "not eligible for Amazon Prime" or its not shipped by Amazon, then its a different story but you usually know that upfront. AFAIK I can get next day delivery by picking up at the Amazon facility about 10 miles away.

gasdoc

Post by gasdoc » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:03 am

Probably more than 5% of the time, we have packages that are late. I consider this still to be worth the small annual fee.

gasdoc

Alexa9

Post by Alexa9 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:09 am

Pretty reliable other than holiday season. Still better than driving to Walmart.
I've been using eBay and Walmart online more often though to compare prices.
Walmart has fast shipping as well and no membership fee. Their website is inferior but that's ok.

SimonJester

Post by SimonJester » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:52 am

Ran into a strange one, made a purchase Thursday Afternoon with 2 day shipping and at checkout it said delivery date was Tuesday. I know sometimes an item will say it will take additional days but they usually state that on the product page. Even if we do not count the weekend two days should have been Monday. Nowhere on the product page did it state this item will take xyz days to ship.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

RetiredInTheWest

Post by RetiredInTheWest » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:02 pm

We have seen the same decline in Colorado. Around 10 to 20% of our two day deliveries are late. However, chatting with Amazon online has so far resulted in at least a free month of Amazon Prime. On the balance, we're still happy with Prime.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 pm

wilshuer wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 am
Definitely has gone downhill. With UPS almost always on time. They will often use USPS or surepost to USPS, which is hit and miss - mostly miss. What’s worse is with USPS the tracking is meaningless, sometimes shows it’s at our local post office for 2-3 days. I haven’t particularly complained yet, but getting to that point.
I have actually not had any problems with USPS shipments. They arrive on time and in one of those locked mailboxes down the road from my house, so no one can steal them off my porch.

This past week, I was expecting three UPS packages from Amazon Prime. All three showed as being on the truck in UPS tracking. One actually found its way to my porch, the others were marked as “delivery refused”. When I complained to Amazon, they were told by UPS that the packages were returned because they were damaged. Really have a hard time believing that; one item was a cheap nylon travel wallet that presumably is fairly indestructible unless they had another package with acid spill all over it. In any case, i would have expected either the driver to ring my door bell or UPS to contact me instead of marking it as “delivery refused”. Amazon apologized and offered free next day shipping if I ordered them again. Worthless since I needed the items for a trip I embarked on the next day. Guess lesson learned here is to buy locally if you really want it.

And Fedex? In December one shipment was delivered to the neighbors across the street instead of my porch. The next day a shipment was marked as delivered to me, but the truck never even came to my house (I was at home). They claimed their GPS tracking showed delivery was made at my house, so I guess that means I was lying. Amazon ate the cost and shipped the item again.

I also notice that more and more Prime items are not two day delivery. If they didn’t include Prime video with it, I would probably cancel it.

goodlifer

Post by goodlifer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:35 pm

I canceled Prime over a year ago. I live a few miles from two shipment centers. My packages would take 3 days at least 30% of the time, sometimes up to 5 days. I never got any sort of compensation when I called or emailed to complain. I rarely order from them now, and I wind up returning it 50% of the time. I have received several things used when they were supposed to be new, the items were damaged but the box wasn't, they don't work, or they are just cheap junk that I would not have purchased if I was able to see it first. And now it takes several days just for them to get the package together and several days more to ship. It isn't unusal to wait 12 days for something. I get shipments from other sellers much faster than Amazon. I order from Walmart more often than not now. They usually have the same price or cheaper, and I get it sooner. Plus, it really cuts down on impulse purchases. Prime was a big money suck for me. I found myself suddenly intersted in essential oils and hammocks for no reason other than they were cheap.

SimonJester

Post by SimonJester » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 pm

SimonJester wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:52 am
Ran into a strange one, made a purchase Thursday Afternoon with 2 day shipping and at checkout it said delivery date was Tuesday. I know sometimes an item will say it will take additional days but they usually state that on the product page. Even if we do not count the weekend two days should have been Monday. Nowhere on the product page did it state this item will take xyz days to ship.
And for even more weirdness the package was just delivered (Sunday).
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

JoeRetire

Post by JoeRetire » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Barefootgirl wrote:

I have not noticed any change at all.

Are you sure that these purchases are marked as "Prime" rather than "Not eligible for Amazon Prime"? Some folks don't realize that not everything sold on Amazon is eligible for Prime.

Freefun

Post by Freefun » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:50 pm

When you contacted Amazon for help what was their response? When I have issues I contact them and so far my experience has been very positive.
Remember when you wanted what you currently have?

Traveler

Post by Traveler » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:57 pm

I find it kind of funny that Bezos has set your expectations and now is failing them. I knew this couldn't last. But alas, Amazon is taking over the world because everyone now thinks they need their crap in two days.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Freefun wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:50 pm
When you contacted Amazon for help what was their response? When I have issues I contact them and so far my experience has been very positive.
When I contacted them about my recent allegedly damaged/refused packages, they offered to have me re-order the items with free next day shipping. I didn’t need them the next day (which would have been two days after the expected delivery date and one day after my departure for Europe). I needed them as ordered.

A couple of years ago, they were saving money by sending stuff via Ontrac. Lots of packages in my town got lost or piled up in a warehouse. The local TV station even covered it on the evening news and sent a reporter to the warehouse to discover piles of rotting blue apron deliveries among mountains of Amazon Prime packages. All Amazon customer service did for weeks was to apologize and to refund the orders. Just to then ship a replacement order again with OnTrac.

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:44 pm

We canceled our Prime membership a couple of years ago and haven't missed it. We just consolidate our orders to be $25 or higher to get free shipping (not hard to do) and the orders take only a day or two more than the two-day Prime promise to arrive.

For example I placed an order and received it in slightly less than three days in transit. I can live with that as our orders are seldom urgent.

We subscribe to Netflix which has a more extensive collection available than Prime so we never used the Prime streaming service. We prefer Netflix.

We're saving $99 a year.
Last edited by Nicolas on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katietsu

Post by Katietsu » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:20 pm

It sounds like there may be an issue with the quality of the local delivery personnel. I have had no problem even during the holidays. I placed dozens of orders. They were delivered via FedEx, UPS and USPS. Most were fulfilled by Amazon but a few came from a third party shipper. Not a single one was late.

S&L1940

Post by S&L1940 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Daughter in VA loves Prime, uses it all the time. Late one Friday I was talking with her about some incidental things I am thinking of buying.
Sunday morning two packages were at my door. I was impressed both by the gifts she sent me and the nearly instant delivery to So Florida.
Don't it always seem to go * That you don't know what you've got * Till it's gone

lthenderson

Post by lthenderson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:34 am

miles monroe wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 am
mikemagz11 wrote:
same here. no issues.
I think a lot of problems are in larger urban areas where the quantity of shipments is much higher and only getting worse thanks to periodic delivery services like Fresh, Blue Apron, etc. I don't think delivery companies have the infrastructure to make sure everything gets delivered on time.

Out where I live in the extremely rural part of America, everything comes on time or even earlier than expected. Can't think of the last time something ordered on Prime came three days or more later.

Ged

Post by Ged » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 am

fishandgolf wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:00 am
DHL recently announced they were re-entering the package delivery service in the US. A little competition for UPS and Fed X... :sharebeer

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/16/dhl-exp ... x-ups.html
The problem is not UPS and Fedex. It's when Amazon uses other carriers including Surepost, various entrepreneurs and so on.

If you complain to Amazon they will do a variety of things including giving you free Prime for a month and eventually switch you to a better carrier.

The two day service is nice in itself. What I really like is if the order is over something like $35 I can get free next day or even sometimes same day if I place the order early enough.

UpperNwGuy

Post by UpperNwGuy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 am

Ged wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 am
The problem is not UPS and Fedex. It's when Amazon uses other carriers including Surepost, various entrepreneurs and so forth.
Exactly! And you can add Lasership to the list, and the handoff system from Fedex to USPS. Straight UPS and Fedex work fine.

fast_and_curious

Post by fast_and_curious » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:04 am

We have also noticed a significant portion (maybe 25%?) of our Prime deliveries are late in the last year or so. Of course, it's always the thing you really needed in two days that doesn't arrive in time! :oops:
student wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:56 am
You should call/chat to complain. It is standard for them to extend your prime membership for one month if they do not deliver on the date that they promised.
We had our Prime membership this past year extended twice (i.e. two months) because of late deliveries. The last time I contacted them because of yet-another late delivery, they said that we had reached the limit for # of Prime extensions allowed. I told them that the limit was reached because of their actions (not getting the packages to us on time), not because of my actions, but didn't really get anywhere.

The cynical side of me wonders whether, with all of their data analytics, they know they can prioritize our packages slightly lower because they know we have run out of allowed extensions! (only half joking here, unfortunately!)

jhfenton

Post by jhfenton » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 am

mikemagz11 wrote:
We've had few problems in the last two years with our Prime deliveries in Cincinnati. Virtually everything now comes via Amazon logistics. I can recall one delivery that was late by one day.

We are currently in our third stage of Amazon Prime deliveries. The first stage, prior to a few years ago, saw our packages delivered mostly through UPS, and we had few problems. (We had one serious problem with UPS over the holidays a couple of years ago, but it was not an Amazon purchase.) The second stage saw the addition of LaserShip to the mix, and we had sporadic problems with LaserShip. We still received some UPS deliveries. The third and current stage is through Amazon logistics with unspecified agents making final delivery after Amazon brings it into town on their trucks. The occasional delivery agent I've seen has been in an unmarked or Amazon-badged personal vehicle.

burt.ensmom

Post by burt.ensmom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:18 am

I recommend using https://paribus.co/ - they automatically watch your Amazon order history (you have to give them your Amazon password, which is obviously somewhat risky) and if they notice a delivery that didn't meet the stated guarantee, they email Amazon Support and ask for a credit. Amazon usually responds with either a month extension for Prime or a $5 credit. You don't have to do anything, it just happens, so it's basically free money.

mchampse

Post by mchampse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:38 am

Traveler wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:57 pm
I find it kind of funny that Bezos has set your expectations and now is failing them. I knew this couldn't last. But alas, Amazon is taking over the world because everyone now thinks they need their crap in two days.
In the good old days we went to an actual store and got stuff instantly 😀

Independent George

Post by Independent George » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 am

I don't think I've ever gotten a late package through Prime. I've actually started ordering things without 2-day shipping in order to gain eBook credits.

Glockenspiel

Post by Glockenspiel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:18 am

Whenever I see these complaints about Amazon, I can't help but think it's a regional problem.

Maybe it's because I live very close to a distribution center, but even if I select standard (non-Prime) shipping, it always shows up in about 2 days instead of the 5-7 for standard shipping. I've started selecting the standard shipping in order to get the $1 e-credit, and it still shows up in 2-3 days.

I've never had a major problem with Amazon's shipping and even for small little complaints, if you go online and chat with someone at Amazon, they always go above and beyond my customer service expectations.

verbose

Post by verbose » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Amazon delivery issues are typically local problems—sometimes specific to a post office or even a delivery route.

We live in a new subdivision that was formerly farmland. Our postal service is “rural” despite the density of the new development. Any delivery, including Amazon Prime, touched by USPS is at considerable risk of being late, delivered to the wrong address, never delivered, or being thrown at the porch from a barely stopped mail truck. Our letters are subject to a similar fate.

We are now getting a considerable number of deliveries via Amazon logistics and it’s a great improvement, despite the Amazon van having been observed driving recklessly through neighborhood streets and Amazon’s refusal to address that issue.

themesrob

Post by themesrob » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:33 pm

In our area of NYC, Prime deliveries are almost always reliably on time. We are fortunate that most of ours are handled by USPS, as opposed to Lasership (seemingly unreliable, but they will show up at 10 pm if they have to) or UPS (the absolute worst). I think reliability of the services is entirely regional, though. I also don't blame Amazon when things fall behind by a few days over the holidays -- that's entirely related to the delivery services, not the company. The couple times I've had significant delays in something being shipped (always being shipped from a non-Amazon seller), Amazon comped me another month of Prime.

Post by alter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:04 pm

I've never noticed any change in Chicago, and enjoy free 1 day on orders with prime. I've placed over 50 orders in last 12 months too.

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:40 pm

I live in New England, neither in a big city nor in the boonies. I've notice minor occasional delivery issues, now that Amazon is using many delivery methods (including people in unmarked vehicles--sometimes just sedans--wearing safety vests but no uniform or ID badge), but it's not bad.

During the bad nor'easter last week, I got an email saying that a package scheduled to arrive on Wednesday (2-day delivery) would be delayed a day. Then the package got delivered on the promised day. Then I got an email saying the package would be delivered on time after all.

Sometimes we get one-day delivery. Sometimes we get 2-day delivery arriving a Sunday.

It is not as solidly predictable as it was several years ago. I'm not ready to gripe about it yet.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

dknightd

Post by dknightd » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Barefootgirl wrote:

are you the same Barefootgirl that lives in a class B camper van? Did you change your delivery address recently?

GCD

Post by GCD » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 pm

mikemagz11 wrote:
Same experience here. Sometimes I buy a $4-5 item and it comes in 2 days. How is that profitable? I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon instead of fighting traffic (Northern VA/ DC suburbs) to go to a store 5-10 miles away.

The only complaint I could have (and I'm not complaining) is that sometimes a particular item can't be shipped with Prime and I'm stuck with paying for regular delivery.

Mudpuppy

Post by Mudpuppy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:20 am

SimonJester wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 pm
SimonJester wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:52 am
And for even more weirdness the package was just delivered (Sunday).
Perhaps their delivery estimation algorithm has been taking lessons from Scotty of Star Trek fame...
Kirk: Mr.Scott. Have you always multiplied your repair estimates by a factor of four?
Scotty: Certainly, Sir. How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?
And I'm personally more annoyed with packages that arrived damaged because the Amazon warehouse employees did not take the proper care in packaging the items than I am by items arriving a day late. I tried to order a large container of fish food and it took an absurd number of attempts to actually arrive intact because they kept putting the large plastic container in a bubble envelope instead of a box. Invariably, the envelope would get crushed somewhere along the way and the container would crack. Then I'd get an envelope full of fish food and broken plastic.

IowaFarmBoy

Post by IowaFarmBoy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:15 am

I ordered two items on Sunday and selected two day shipping for Tuesday arrival on both. One shipped Sunday night and is on track to be here on Tuesday. The other didn't ship that night and during the day on Monday was projecting a Wed delivery. By the time it actually shipped, the delivery date had slipped to Thursday.

Not good....

caffeinefree

Post by caffeinefree » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:00 am

As others have mentioned, Amazon is currently experimenting with their "Prime Delivery" service. This is their own Uber-like delivery service. My city was one of the first ones to have it rolled out, because we have a large Amazon warehouse hub nearby. In my experience, it has been TERRIBLE. My UPS packages all arrive on time (and are placed inside my apartment entryway on a table, since the UPS guy has a key), but anything delivered by Prime Delivery is at least a day late and is tossed on the doorstep of my apartment building like trash. I've also had them deliver to the wrong building entirely!

I did call to complain and they gave me a free month of Prime, but the problems continue ...I wish they would let you choose which delivery service you prefer and maybe offer a discount or something if you want to be part of their experiment until they get the kinks worked out. :annoyed

KarenC

Post by KarenC » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 am

I’ve been an Amazon Prime customer for over two years and, so far, it has been completely reliable.
"How much you know is less important than how clearly you understand where the borders of your ignorance begin." — Jason Zweig

ji.isaacs

Post by ji.isaacs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 am

Honestly, a day or two off delivery dates doesn't bother me. I have never ordered anything I needed within two days.

Their delivery carriers are another story. UPS, USPS are fine. Whatever ragtag bunch of contractors they use are a joke.

Their contractors have:

1. Backed up into my mailbox (on a post at the end of the driveway).
2. Thrown a box on the lawn instead of the porch, and it rained.
3. Claimed my address was undeliverable.

Solution: Use Amazon as little as possible and only for items I cannot find elsewhere.

head gamez

Post by head gamez » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 am

I have been having issues that started just before Christmas. My issues always seem to revolve around when the shipment process actually starts. If I order 4 hours before the 2 day cutoff, they seem to not process that shipment until the next day. Thus, I get at least one day of delay. It has really became the norm for me.

I'm not really bothered by shipping delays caused by the carrier, but when Customer service tells me it is the carrier and I can look and see they didn't process the order until 24 hours after it was placed, then that is on Amazon.

TresBelle65

Post by TresBelle65 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:24 am

I started noticing issues and contacted them. I was told that it was due to a re-ordering of carrier priority, favoring USPS. They switched it UPS and things improved.

Of course, I wondered how the switch was made in the priority listing and did not receive an answer to that question.