Verizon FIOS website oddities

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities

Verizon FIOS website oddities

Post by sophie1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:36 pm

It's the worst website you could possibly imagine...but this time it appears to be bad in my favor!

Usually I can only log in about 50% of the time. The site always fails to recognize my password or secret hint, locks my account, and then the first two or three temporary passwords sent to email aren't recognized either. The third or fourth one of those might work - or not.

Once logged in, the next thing I see is a popup offering a $100 Verizon gift card to renew my internet contract. I've "renewed" 5 times since December and have the order numbers & emails to prove it, and even got one of those $100 gift cards (thanks Verizon!). According to Verizon, I'm still on an expired contract being charged $30 extra.

It occurs to me that I can get a pretty nice internet deal by keeping up these periodic "contract renewals" and getting more gift cards. That is, as long as Verizon's website continues to be this utterly dysfunctional. Too bad you don't actually get the gift card most of the time, only 1 out of 4 tries by my experience.

Anyone else playing the repeated renewal game for gift cards?