Any accountants?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Dilbydog

Any accountants?

Post by Dilbydog »

I need some help understanding a GAAP claim my employer has made, that potentially impacts my compensation.
badbreath

Re: Any accountants?

Post by badbreath »

you may want to ask at the

http://www.fairmark.com/forum/

Were they do this stuff all day long
“While money can’t buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” Groucho Marx
fishmonger

Post by fishmonger »

Dilbydog wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:49 pm I need some help understanding a GAAP claim my employer has made, that potentially impacts my compensation.
Any details? Just spitballing here, but there have been a lot of changes with the tax reform bill that may impact the way current earnings are presented, specifically deferred tax assets/liabilities
BogleMelon

Post by BogleMelon »

I am an accountant. GAAP (or generally accepted accounting principles) is the "constitution" of the accounting rules in US and most of the world. Any accounting "law" the company uses should follow the GAAP, otherwise the company could face issues.
Not sure how this could be related to your compensation though!! You have to provide more information.
"One of the funny things about stock market, every time one is buying another is selling, and both think they are astute" - William Feather