I am not sure what to say. I do not want to give specific numbers like $X salary, $Y bonus, etc. My thinking is to tell them that I am excited at the prospect of joining, believe that I could add much value, and for the right opportunity offer, would accept.
How should I best respond?
- I am in a good position at current role at successful company. If all things were equal, I would stay at current company.
- Megacorp has been aggressively hiring, with some from my current company getting offers 30-50% more total compensation (salary + equity).
- My role/responsibilities would be mostly the same. No promotion or step up in title.
- Commute for both would be about the same.
- Likely better work-life balance at Megacorp, but would want to prove myself in the first year. Megacorp certainly will be more bureaucratic and slow.
- Work is likely more interesting at current company.
- Other benefits are about the same.