Single Serve 'auto on at chosen time' coffee maker

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
andyandyandy

Single Serve 'auto on at chosen time' coffee maker

Post by andyandyandy »

Bogleheads,

To strengthen my habit of waking up early I need help on choosing a single cup /k cup coffee maker which
Turns auto on on weekday and weekend scheduled time and brews coffee.

Appreciate any suggestions!
bloom2708

Re: Single Serve 'auto on at chosen time' coffee maker

Post by bloom2708 »

Our Keurig has auto on and off by time.

It takes 30 seconds to brew a cup. I think you may have to place the cup in and hit the button.

You will likely have to get a more deluxe model to get the auto on and off feature.
TheAccountant

Post by TheAccountant »

Keurig's have an auto-on feature.

If you can get yourself out of bed, wait until you get to the office and then drink the coffee that's already made. :sharebeer
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Why not just a regular 12-cup programmable coffee maker, available for less than $50 at Target and Walmart? You avoid the waste and expense of Keurig pods, and you can set it up to brew only 2 cups at a time. 2 "cups" is actually about equivalent to one normal-sized coffee mug.
TheAccountant

Post by TheAccountant »

Rupert wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:50 pm Why not just a regular 12-cup programmable coffee maker, available for less than $50 at Target and Walmart? You avoid the waste and expense of Keurig pods, and you can set it up to brew only 2 cups at a time. 2 "cups" is actually about equivalent to one normal-sized coffee mug.
I had one of these in college. $ 10. Even brought it with me to my first job after graduation, because the company I worked for didn't provide coffee. Well they technically did, but it was expired by about three years.
Y.A.Tittle

Post by Y.A.Tittle »

If a single cup coffee maker does its job in 30 seconds, what is the purpose of programmable timer?

Wake up and push the button, right?
Topic Author
andyandyandy

Post by andyandyandy »

Y.A.Tittle wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 pm If a single cup coffee maker does its job in 30 seconds, what is the purpose of programmable timer?

Purpose is coffee should be ready so it forces me to wake up at my committed time :)
I am trying to put some rules to cultivate habit so that I can wake up early mornings.
Y.A.Tittle

Post by Y.A.Tittle »

In which case buy a programmable drip coffee maker (Kitchen-Aide make a good one, as do others) and set it up for 2 cups the night before. You will save money on the coffee and on the coffee maker.
mouses

Post by mouses »

andyandyandy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Y.A.Tittle wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 pm If a single cup coffee maker does its job in 30 seconds, what is the purpose of programmable timer?

Purpose is coffee should be ready so it forces me to wake up at my committed time :)
I am trying to put some rules to cultivate habit so that I can wake up early mornings.
Besides your alarm clock, set an alarm clock on the other side of the room set 5 minutes later. Then you have to get up to turn that one off.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

The struggle of the night people.