National Park with baby

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
dunkmachine

National Park with baby

Post by dunkmachine » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 pm

My wife and I live in the Texas Panhandle. Our goal is to try and visit as many National Parks as we can during our lifetime. We now have a 5 month old baby and would like to do a vacation to a National Park in the spring/summer depending on location. We enjoy hiking and have gone a few times with baby and also have gone on multiple longer road trips already. My thinking is to go to a National Park that we're most likely to visit again, in case of not being able to see all we want with a little one. So I'm thinking the Grand Canyon in the spring but the wife is thinking Rocky Mountain in the summer. Assuming travel distance is of no concern, which National Parks are the best to visit with a baby?

stan1

Re: National Park with baby

Post by stan1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Moab, Utah? Arches and Canyonlands plus Dead Horse State Park. They all have good vehicle access and Arches has plenty of short hikes.

livesoft

Re: National Park with baby

Post by livesoft » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Big Bend National Park and Big Bend State Park are superb parks in the spring with the desert in full bloom. Stay in the parks or camp in the parks. Or stay in a hotel such as in Terlingua or further away.

Guadalupe Mountains National Park is also near you.

And there are numerous Texas State parks to go to with hiking and camping.

Since you can go anytime and are not beholden to school vacation weeks, you can avoid the summers and crowds. For instance, you can stay in The Lodge in Chisos Basin in Big Bend NP.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.