New Investing Book Recommendation

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Mr400meterdash

New Investing Book Recommendation

Post by Mr400meterdash »

So I have really been into reading financial books as of lately trying to learn as much as I can.

I know the forum has recommended books and I have looked over those but there are so many I do not know where to start.

I have read
1) "Little book of Common Sense Investing" by Jack Bogle
2) "Random Walk Down Wallstreet" by Burton Malkiel
3) "Now What" by Michael Finley
4) "What Color is the Sky" by Michael Finley
And the latest book I have gotten is..
5) "The intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham with Jason Zweig commentary

A few books I will be looking to get are
1) "The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio" by William Bernstein
2) "Bogleheads Guide to investing" by Taylor Larimore, Mel Lindauer, Michael LeBoeuf
3) Either "Millionaire Next Door" or "Millionaire Mind" by Thomas J. Stanley
If anyone has read both of these, what they would suggest

While most of you would say to rent these from the library, I like to either buy the book or ask for them as gifts since I like to read things more than once and go back to them for little nuggets of information as well as hand them out to others to read.

Does anyone have any other book that would be a must have to combine to this collection?
CyberBob

Re: New Investing Book Recommendation

Post by CyberBob »

Read Bernstein’s If You Can (short, easy read, and free - but worth its weight in gold). It references several other books that are all great.

http://efficientfrontier.com/ef/0adhoc/2books.htm
MindTheGAAP

Re: New Investing Book Recommendation

Post by MindTheGAAP »

I've read 'Millionaire Next Door' and it's a good read. I read it several years ago so I could probably benefit from going back and reading it again.
"One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute" - William Feather