Old Costco American Express 2-Year Warranty Extension

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
BHUser27

Old Costco American Express 2-Year Warranty Extension

Post by BHUser27 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:31 am

Greetings,

I thought I would share an experience that might be useful to others.
I bought a TV at Costco 3 yrs ago using my Costco Amex credit card.
So, it is out of the Costco Concierge 2yr warranty period but still within the Costco Amex extended warranty period.
Last night the TV developed a big black splotch on one edge (likely an LED backlight failure)

This morning I called the American Express warranty number (1-800-225-3750) and filed a claim quickly and easily.
All they needed was my Social Security Number, the purchase date, purchase amount, TV model number and TV serial number.
I did not have my old credit card number because I cut it up when they switched to Citi. If you have your card number then you do not need to give them your SSN.

Good to know they will still honor the 2yr warranty extension from the old Costco Amex cards

Alexa9

Re: Old Costco American Express 2-Year Warranty Extension

Post by Alexa9 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm

BHUser27 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:31 am
Greetings,

I thought I would share an experience that might be useful to others.
I bought a TV at Costco 3 yrs ago using my Costco Amex credit card.
So, it is out of the Costco Concierge 2yr warranty period but still within the Costco Amex extended warranty period.
Last night the TV developed a big black splotch on one edge (likely an LED backlight failure)

This morning I called the American Express warranty number (1-800-225-3750) and filed a claim quickly and easily.
All they needed was my Social Security Number, the purchase date, purchase amount, TV model number and TV serial number.
I did not have my old credit card number because I cut it up when they switched to Citi. If you have your card number then you do not need to give them your SSN.

Good to know they will still honor the 2yr warranty extension from the old Costco Amex cards
Good to know that closed cards honor the warranty. I was wondering that myself. Full refund?

BHUser27

Post by BHUser27 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:01 am

Alexa9 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm
Good to know that closed cards honor the warranty. I was wondering that myself. Full refund?
Don't know yet. I have to have TV looked at by local authorized VIZIO repair guy.
Then they will either pay to have it fixed or pay the full replacement cost, depending on the outcome.
Will update later.

jla956

Post by jla956 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm

What did AMEX end up doing?
Don't know yet. I have to have TV looked at by local authorized VIZIO repair guy.
Then they will either pay to have it fixed or pay the full replacement cost, depending on the outcome.
Will update later.