Best On Line Money Mangement System

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
WolfgangPauli

Best On Line Money Mangement System

Post by WolfgangPauli » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:18 am

Hi,

Years ago I transitioned from Quicken to iBank (Now Banktivity) as my money management system. I did it when Quicken basically gutted the quicken for Mac system and said they would not invest in this product.

Over the years I have tried to migrate to on line systems like Mint but have been disappointed that the system seems not to be able to handle two factor authentication. I do not want to disable this feature for security reasons.

I am now almost exclusively on a Chromebook and am using "on-line everything" so it frustrates me that I need to keep my macbook air alive just for personal finance.

I am sure this topic has been discussed before however as the technology changes quickly I wanted to see if anything has changed or if there are systems out there which I have not heard of.

thanks
Twitter: @JAXbogleheads | EM: JAXbogleheads@gmail.com

Alexa9

Re: Best On Line Money Mangement System

Post by Alexa9 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 am

I would keep your number of credit cards and checking accounts low and just use their website. I am also not satisfied with Mint.com security. I just review my accounts every so often on the bank's website. Helps if you have everything under one bank. Chase is very good.

ThePrince

Post by ThePrince » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Personal Capital is nice.

augryphon

Post by augryphon » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:44 pm

ThePrince wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:48 pm
Breaking up is hard to do!! Just ended my 25 year relationship with Quicken at the end of November. Honestly would have kept it, except it became erratic on my downloaded transactions. Q kept assigning transactions to the wrong accounts, and I would have to manually cut and paste transactions to the correct account. So much is online now, Personal Capital gives me everything I need.

WolfgangPauli

Post by WolfgangPauli » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 am

ThePrince wrote:
I do like the format of PC but I hate the constant phone calls trying to get you into their managed account. Were you able to stop them?

mhalley

Post by mhalley » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 pm

I still get the occasional PC calls, I either screen and don't answer or give them an immediate no thanks. PC is well worth the occasional call imo.

ThePrince

Post by ThePrince » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:46 pm

WolfgangPauli wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 am
ThePrince wrote:
I do like the format of PC but I hate the constant phone calls trying to get you into their managed account. Were you able to stop them?
I believe all I ever received was a call or two from them. Perhaps my asset base isn’t high enough for them. :D

kenoryan

Post by kenoryan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 am

ThePrince wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:46 pm
WolfgangPauli wrote:
ThePrince wrote:
I believe all I ever received was a call or two from them. Perhaps my asset base isn’t high enough for them. :D
How do they know your asset base?

WolfgangPauli

Post by WolfgangPauli » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:47 am

kenoryan wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 am
ThePrince wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:46 pm
WolfgangPauli wrote:
ThePrince wrote:
How do they know your asset base?
I believe when you load up all your accounts, they add it up and see.. There is no way they are providing this service for free... it may be free to you however they are bundling information and either using it themselves or selling it.