What frugal thing did you do today?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
bck63

Re: What frugal thing did you do today?

Post by bck63 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:54 am

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Sat on my hands while DW bought a new vehicle :happy
Happy wife, happy life. :sharebeer

Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:39 am

Family wants to have dinner tonight. For what I would spend on just myself (they want to go Japanese) with a glass of wine, I can spend less by having everyone over here. The only thing they need to bring is salad dressing since I don't use it and they all like different ones.

On the way to make groceries, I'm going to stop at a nursery to get allium bulbs; today is senior citizen discount day. Then onto a thrift store where today is also senior citizen discount day; one never knows what will be there.

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:23 am

bck63 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:54 am
Doom&Gloom wrote:
I did prevent her from buying an extended warranty so I did my good deed for the day. I had told her several times before she/we entered that part of the sale to "just say no" to anything they offered from that point forward. She nodded politely. But sitting in front of the sales guy she obviously "fell weak" and was about to agree to one of the EW "packages"; however, she asked me what she should do at this and a few other points during the pitch. I always replied "If it were me buying the vehicle, I would not get it." Sales guy and I had a couple of back and forths, but I always deferred to DW and said it was her vehicle and she should do what would make her feel most comfortable. I was thrilled when she declined the "final offer."

:sharebeer

Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:39 am

Follow-up to a post earlier. Went to a thrift store and bought a Sears belt sander, works fine for $3 (marked down from $4). I see where they go for about $40 on eBay. It will be of good use when I build my outdoor potting shed this winter. Then I was at Lowe's. They have clearance plants. Bought a one gallon pink muhly grass for $2.50. It was on clearance for $5, but the cashier said clearance was now half off since they are closing down the nursery soon.

Michael Patrick

Post by Michael Patrick » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:53 am

I needed a couple of new speakers for one of my guitar amp cabinets. I found the lowest price online, and then I was able to use a 15% off coupon on top of that. I paid with PayPal, using one of my credit cards that is currently giving 5% cash back for PayPal payments. Oh, and free shipping.

My total cost for brand new speakers was less than what I've seen the same speaker listed for used.

bck63

Post by bck63 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:23 am
bck63 wrote:
Doom&Gloom wrote:
I did prevent her from buying an extended warranty so I did my good deed for the day. I had told her several times before she/we entered that part of the sale to "just say no" to anything they offered from that point forward. She nodded politely. But sitting in front of the sales guy she obviously "fell weak" and was about to agree to one of the EW "packages"; however, she asked me what she should do at this and a few other points during the pitch. I always replied "If it were me buying the vehicle, I would not get it." Sales guy and I had a couple of back and forths, but I always deferred to DW and said it was her vehicle and she should do what would make her feel most comfortable. I was thrilled when she declined the "final offer."

That was the frugal thing of the decade! Congrats. They sure do put on a hard sell. I always put it back on them. Last time, I told the Subaru guy, "I'm a gambling man, and I'm gonna bet that Subarus are still SO good that I'll never, ever need an extended warranty. I'm betting on YOU!" That usually ends it.

Pixafari

Post by Pixafari » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:30 pm

DIY auto repair - replaced both CV axles in my car. Saved maybe $400-$600. Another cost-saving benefit of retirement - having the time to DIY.

Colorado13

Post by Colorado13 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 pm

Rather than get a free flu shot at work, I got a free flu shot plus a $5 coupon at Target. It probably wasn't worth the time it took to earn the $5 coupon, since it was a slow process. Oh well...

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:25 am

Colorado13 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 pm
Rather than get a free flu shot at work, I got a free flu shot plus a $5 coupon at Target. It probably wasn't worth the time it took to earn the $5 coupon, since it was a slow process. Oh well...
Yes - but $5.00 is $5.00

RickBoglehead

Post by RickBoglehead » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:31 am

TheDDC wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Went to a local garage with grandpa basement style wood paneled walls, ate all the free chocolates I could in the waiting area, and got my tire plugged/patched for $14.85.

And I made 2% back from my CC purchase.

-TheDDC
Discount Tire, if you have one near you, will do that for free. And they have free bottles of water and coffee.
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:51 am

RickBoglehead wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:31 am
TheDDC wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Went to a local garage with grandpa basement style wood paneled walls, ate all the free chocolates I could in the waiting area, and got my tire plugged/patched for $14.85.

And I made 2% back from my CC purchase.

-TheDDC
Discount Tire, if you have one near you, will do that for free. And they have free bottles of water and coffee.
Yes - to the coffee for customers :)

Except in vary rare and unusual situations, I avoid bottled water for environmental, financial and other reasons!

anon_investor

Post by anon_investor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:56 am

Same thing I do every day, pack my lunch!

Mr. Rumples

Post by Mr. Rumples » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:07 am

Stocked up on "Kitty diggings" fragrance free cat litter at Walmart. I've always had cats and this is the least expensive and the best cat litter I have ever found. Its $1.26 for a bag that lasts a week for two cats. There is no odor in the house with it.

teelainen

Post by teelainen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:23 am

Ate free Costco samples for lunch (entire meal).

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:37 am

teelainen wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:23 am
Ate free Costco samples for lunch (entire meal).
Yes - I do that as well - when I go to Costco - a few "free" things, though, that I do not consume - such as the vitamin/nutrition drinks and pills.

Over many, many years - having the free samples at Costco - never once did the free sample convince me to buy that product.

Colorado13

Post by Colorado13 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:01 pm

dm200 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:25 am
Colorado13 wrote:
Yes - but $5.00 is $5.00
Right! That's what I thought too. :moneybag

HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:09 pm

+1 “but $5 is $5”!

Took car in for an oil change today. Nicely asked if they would match a competitor’s coupon. Manager said “sure” but tried coupon-shaming me by saying how their regular price was “really about the same” as the competitors and it was “only $5 more” (really $8). So I said “but $5 is $5” with a smile. No comeback for that..

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Colorado13 wrote:
Publix gives us each a $10 gift card. Shots are free no matter the location. Of course Publix gets the entire $20 back before we leave the store, but that's OK.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

dm200

Post by dm200 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:47 pm

My wife just informed me that our neighborhood auto repair place did an oil change for her at NO CHARGE because we are such good customers. They also installed a replacement left outside mirror at no charge - for the same reason. [We did pay about $90 for the mirror and assembly]

:happy :happy :moneybag :dollar

MandyT

Post by MandyT » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:44 pm

A Broadway singer I like came to my city to do two shows (Wednesday and Thursday night this week) in a jazz venue. Tickets were $50, and these kinds of shows usually run about 75 minutes. I couldn't quite make myself pull the trigger for $50, so I called the box office to see if they had any discounts. I wasn't eligible for student or military/fire/police discounts. Right after I said "Thanks anyway" and was about to hang up, they mentioned that the performance would be streamed into a lounge next door, so I decided to try that on Wednesday night.

I ordered an alcoholic drink and a soft drink ($11 plus $2 tip) because I thought it would be tacky not to order anything, though 3 or 4 people did that. It's not exactly the same as live, and there were people talking (one of the purposes of the lounge is so people can take phone calls/have conversations without disturbing others in the main room), but the video and sound were very good and I got probably 75-80% of the experience and saved myself from FOMO. Parking was free, so it was an enjoyable and inexpensive night out.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pm

MandyT wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:44 pm
A Broadway singer I like came to my city to do two shows (Wednesday and Thursday night this week) in a jazz venue. Tickets were $50, and these kinds of shows usually run about 75 minutes. I couldn't quite make myself pull the trigger for $50, so I called the box office to see if they had any discounts. I wasn't eligible for student or military/fire/police discounts. Right after I said "Thanks anyway" and was about to hang up, they mentioned that the performance would be streamed into a lounge next door, so I decided to try that on Wednesday night.
I ordered an alcoholic drink and a soft drink ($11 plus $2 tip) because I thought it would be tacky not to order anything, though 3 or 4 people did that. It's not exactly the same as live, and there were people talking (one of the purposes of the lounge is so people can take phone calls/have conversations without disturbing others in the main room), but the video and sound were very good and I got probably 75-80% of the experience and saved myself from FOMO. Parking was free, so it was an enjoyable and inexpensive night out.
Great - never hurts to ask, does it?

My wife, in most cases, is much better than I am about getting unpublicized deals like this.

novemberrain

Post by novemberrain » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:42 am

bck63 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:24 pm
Doom&Gloom wrote:
bck63 wrote:
Doom&Gloom wrote:

That was the frugal thing of the decade! Congrats. They sure do put on a hard sell. I always put it back on them. Last time, I told the Subaru guy, "I'm a gambling man, and I'm gonna bet that Subarus are still SO good that I'll never, ever need an extended warranty. I'm betting on YOU!" That usually ends it.
I shouted out - "Bullshit" - every 2 minutes during my last car buying session. That did the trick for me :)

bck63

Post by bck63 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am

novemberrain wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:42 am
bck63 wrote:
Doom&Gloom wrote:
bck63 wrote:
Doom&Gloom wrote:

I shouted out - "Bullshit" - every 2 minutes during my last car buying session. That did the trick for me :)

bck63

Post by bck63 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:47 am

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and was tempted to buy a daily meditation book that I already read daily online for free (the publisher puts it online free of charge).

Part of me wanted to have the physical book, but I read it every day for free already. Savings: $14.95, plus tax.

MathIsMyWayr

Post by MathIsMyWayr » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:18 am

LilyFleur wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:57 am
inexpensive gas and a 4% rebate on my Citibank Costco VISA.
Many gas stations give a discount on a purchase of gas when you pay cash.
For every $0.10 discount per gallon, you come ahead with a 4% rebate on a Citibank Costco VISA if the price is greater than $2.40/gal. When was gas this cheap in California?

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 am

MathIsMyWayr wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:18 am
LilyFleur wrote:
For every $0.10 discount per gallon, you come ahead with a 4% rebate on a Citibank Costco VISA if the price is greater than $2.40/gal. When was gas this cheap in California?
I always wonder about that; are people so unaware of cashback CCs that they don't realize the "discount" for paying with cash is probably less than the cash back they'd get from using a credit card?

kcannon1

Post by kcannon1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am

My good woman cancelled our cable this past Friday. I had been lobbying for probably two years for it but kinda gave up on it. When I got home from work she was on the phone with them concluding our business with them. It was a surprise but I am thoroughly pleased. Over 200 bucks a month in savings. So obviously I took her to dinner and told her how amazing she is for saving us this amount of money per month.

I am new to the board and happy to have this as my first post.

HEDGEFUNDIE

Post by HEDGEFUNDIE » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 am

stoptothink wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 am
MathIsMyWayr wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:18 am
LilyFleur wrote:
I always wonder about that; are people so unaware of cashback CCs that they don't realize the "discount" for paying with cash is probably less than the cash back they'd get from using a credit card?
Right now the ARCO (a brand famous for being cash only) in my neighborhood has premium at $4.33 while the Shell across the street has it priced at $4.49. The Shell with Costco Visa wins by two cents per gallon, nothing to get excited about.

Of course Costco has it at $3.97 post CC rebate, but this would be an incremental 18 mile drive from my house, which defeats the purpose.

No free lunch.

BogleGreatHuman

Post by BogleGreatHuman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:33 am

I print select transcripts of podcasts that I like, or more specifically ones that have authors on that may be talking about a specific book or books they have written. It reads like a much better, authentic version of a book summary..as it is the actual authors own thoughts and words. It saves me money on the purchase of the book, saves me lots of time, and is filled with a lot of specific actionable knowledge without lots of fluff. I can also write on the margins, underlines, take notes which also helps reinforce the learning through understanding and correlation. Saves money and time.
Last edited by BogleGreatHuman on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrGrumpy

Post by SrGrumpy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:50 am

HEDGEFUNDIE wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 am

Right now the ARCO (a brand famous for being cash only) in my neighborhood has premium at $4.33 while the Shell across the street has it priced at $4.49. The Shell with Costco Visa wins by two cents per gallon, nothing to get excited about.
ARCO vs. Shell. That debate consumes my waking hours. I can get an ARCO card at the supermarket and get 6 percent off with my Amex preferred; or I can try and accumulate supermarket points that alleviate some of the pain of going to a costly Shell station, where I can at least use a c/c.

novemberrain

Post by novemberrain » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:02 pm

HEDGEFUNDIE wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 am
Of course Costco has it at $3.97 post CC rebate, but this would be an incremental 18 mile drive from my house, which defeats the purpose.

No free lunch.
+1. Yes, it is unfortunate that costco has some of the lowest gas prices, but the time wasted at the looong lines at the costco pump negate any benefit.

MathIsMyWayr

Post by MathIsMyWayr » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 pm

dm200 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:57 pm
I also have a large, somewhat mis-sharpen head. I am sure, therefore, that I would not look good at all with my head shaved.
There is an easy and no-cost way to fix your problem. First, you have to find out the angle to turn your head for the best view of your face/head in front of a mirror. Whenever you face someone, don't forget to turn your face toward the best angle. You may call it "aim and fire." I have a birth mark on one side of my face. When I was a kid, I always turned my head slightly to one side to hide the birth mark. At some point in my college days, I forgot about the birth mark. Actually it turned out be not too bad - worse in my imagination. None of my friends even knew/knows of my birth mark.

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:32 pm

novemberrain wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:42 am
bck63 wrote:
Doom&Gloom wrote:
bck63 wrote:
Doom&Gloom wrote:

LOL

I like it! But my primary goal was allowing DW to handle it on her own after our coaching session. I figured she needed to be able to put that knowledge into action for the future when I'm not there. Even though I teased her a little afterward, I was quite proud of her making the right decision without my forceful intervention. Saved herself some money immediately--and hopefully for future occasions as well.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:36 pm

kcannon1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am
My good woman cancelled our cable this past Friday. I had been lobbying for probably two years for it but kinda gave up on it. When I got home from work she was on the phone with them concluding our business with them. It was a surprise but I am thoroughly pleased. Over 200 bucks a month in savings. So obviously I took her to dinner and told her how amazing she is for saving us this amount of money per month.
I would like to get rid of cable TV as well.

BUT - I have not been able to convince my wife - yet.

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm

MathIsMyWayr wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 pm
dm200 wrote:
I also have a large, somewhat mis-sharpen head. I am sure, therefore, that I would not look good at all with my head shaved.
There is an easy and no-cost way to fix your problem. First, you have to find out the angle to turn your head for the best view of your face/head in front of a mirror. Whenever you face someone, don't forget to turn your face toward the best angle. You may call it "aim and fire." I have a birth mark on one side of my face. When I was a kid, I always turned my head slightly to one side to hide the birth mark. At some point in my college days, I forgot about the birth mark. Actually it turned out be not too bad - worse in my imagination. None of my friends even knew/knows of my birth mark.
I have a large head as well. My nose was broken in a fight when a kid, so my face isn't as balanced as it could be, nose is a bit crooked. I have found facial hair covers a lot of ugliness. Since I am lazy by nature, not shaving works well for me. By Christmas I'll have a good beard. Too many knots on my pumpkin head to shave it bald.

I must say, I am shocked seeing some of these gas prices. My van has a drinking problem, but it runs on regular. The last fill-up a couple of weeks ago at Costco was $2.12.9. At this time premium is sitting at $2.59.9. Both prices were before the CC rebates. Ouch! Some of the reported prices are stunning. :shock:

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

HEDGEFUNDIE

Post by HEDGEFUNDIE » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm
MathIsMyWayr wrote:
dm200 wrote:
I have a large head as well. My nose was broken in a fight when a kid, so my face isn't as balanced as it could be, nose is a bit crooked. I have found facial hair covers a lot of ugliness. Since I am lazy by nature, not shaving works well for me. By Christmas I'll have a good beard. Too many knots on my pumpkin head to shave it bald.

I must say, I am shocked seeing some of these gas prices. My van has a drinking problem, but it runs on regular. The last fill-up a couple of weeks ago at Costco was $2.12.9. At this time premium is sitting at $2.59.9. Both prices were before the CC rebates. Ouch! Some of the reported prices are stunning. :shock:

Broken Man 1999
There is a reason the vast majority of electric vehicles are sold in CA

Momus

Post by Momus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:49 pm

bck63 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm
I chose to forego tipping the waitress who served me my lunch today, for a savings of $2.76.

Went right into VTSAX.
My sister used to be a waiter. The cook sometimes spit on your food or serve you bread that has fallen to the floor if you are a regular non tipper lol. Not even joking... You are paying her in entertainment value she said.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:19 pm

HEDGEFUNDIE wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm
MathIsMyWayr wrote:
dm200 wrote:

Broken Man 1999
There is a reason the vast majority of electric vehicles are sold in CA
Surprisingly, California only has the 8th highest average electricity rates. Kind of a no-brainer to get an EV if you have a decent commute in California. My best friend is a general contractor and was driving a v10 F-250; he was telling me that he was spending $1200-$1500/month on fuel. That's more than my wife and I spend combined in an entire year. He just traded it in on a Dodge ecodiesel.

tooluser

Post by tooluser » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Started making macaroni and cheese for lunch. When I realized I didn't have any milk, I used beer and extra cheese instead, saving a trip to the grocery store. It worked!

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:33 pm

kcannon1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am

We dropped CTV in favor of broadcast when we moved into our current home 11 years ago. I estimate we’ve saved at least $15k over the last 11 years, excluding any return on the invested savings.

However the real savings is in the time we no longer spend mindlessly listening to the Weather Channel or CNN.

My savings today - we’re about to fly home after a week in Vegas, and haven’t lost a dime gambling. Of course we had no winnings as well. However we did spend a decent sum on food & drink. :P

MathIsMyWayr

Post by MathIsMyWayr » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Food portions are quite large in many restaurants. Whenever we eat out, I ask for a take home container if the portion is too large. Before we touch a dish, yes before, we save some in the container. This way, we have a nice and clean meal at home. The family member staying home tends to enjoy the largest meal. I always carry an ice box in the trunk of a car just in case. We do not live in the Ice Box, but one is in the car trunk.

bck63

Post by bck63 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Momus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:49 pm
bck63 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm
I chose to forego tipping the waitress who served me my lunch today, for a savings of $2.76.

Went right into VTSAX.
My sister used to be a waiter. The cook sometimes spit on your food or serve you bread that has fallen to the floor if you are a regular non tipper lol. Not even joking... You are paying her in entertainment value she said.
I was being facetious. I'm a generous tipper. It takes really lousy service for me to tip 15%. Normally it's at least 20%. More for excellent service. Sometimes more if it's mediocre service and it's obvious the person is having a particularly bad day.

I thought the VTSAX comment would have given it away that I was joking.

Planner01

Post by Planner01 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:54 pm

I bought Pledge and shower gel at the dollar store. A lot cheaper than Target or the grocery store. The soap is even cheaper (per ounce) than Costco!

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm

I used a heavy rain to wash my car.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

flyingaway

Post by flyingaway » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:21 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Victoria
I did not know that you have a car in DC.

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 pm

flyingaway wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:21 pm
VictoriaF wrote:

Victoria
I am in Arlington, and my apartment building has an open parking lot. My 1997 Honda Civic is not spoiled by commercial car washes and is happy when I give her a hand rub.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

mottooscillator

Post by mottooscillator » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Got free professional photo shoot for my young son in his Halloween costume.

MathIsMyWayr

Post by MathIsMyWayr » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:15 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 pm
flyingaway wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:21 pm
VictoriaF wrote:

Victoria
I am in Arlington, and my apartment building has an open parking lot. My 1997 Honda Civic is not spoiled by commercial car washes and is happy when I give her a hand rub.

Victoria
'97 Honda Civic! Is the color green?

FamilyMan

Post by FamilyMan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 pm

MandyT wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:44 pm

I do something similar but actually go to the show. I’ve noticed that tickets for live shows are 50-70% off the day of the show. So I spend the early afternoon before the show on stubhub watching the ticket prices plummet as people are just trying to get rid of tickets before dinner/tailgating. Plus I avoid paying the “convenience fee” that all these tickets come with now a day. It makes enjoying the show even better!

A word of caution is that it’s hard to do this with a very popular band (ie Taylor Swift, Rolling Stones) or a show you have to see. Give it a try!

regularguy455

Post by regularguy455 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:31 pm

Made homemade syrup for some waffles. 2 cups brown sugar, 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon of butter. Boil until it thickens and you’re done!