What frugal thing did you do today?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
SuperGrafx

Re: What frugal thing did you do today?

Post by SuperGrafx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:33 pm

bearcub wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 am
I dress crappy + go down to the corner church soup kitchen for free lunch. :shock:
I thought soup kitchens were intended for the truly needy. :?

Wow...this website's name really should be changed to "miserheads"
Members who have millions of dollars saved up, yet take great pride in living like penny-pinching Scrooges.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone confess to helping themselves to money in those tip jars you see on the counters of your local coffee shop.

SMH

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm

I am not buying a 100k car.

Barefootgirl

Post by Barefootgirl » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:30 pm

i just learned that the company hiring me to do some work for them this spring, will reimburse all meals....yeah, very low grocery bills....and the meals are reasonably healthy.
How many retired people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but he takes all day.

xerxes101

Post by xerxes101 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm

mptfan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:40 pm
LadyIJ wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 pm
mak1277 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm
bearcub wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 pm
While in the laundromat I noticed a woman putting her clothes in a dryer. On the phone she told a friend she would be right over. A half hour walk was no problem. So I opened her dryer + threw my clothes in with hers. Got dryed for free. She never knew.
This definitely transcends "frugal" and should be classified as "cheap"
It's worse than cheap - downright dishonest. I wouldn't want a stranger's clothes drying with mine. How do I know what cooties are in it? That is JUST TERRIBLE and possibly illegal!
Ok, calm down. I understand you wouldn't want a stranger's clothes drying with yours, but illegal? Come on. What law was violated?
I think this is the most idiotic and a low-life thing one can do. This is not being frugal; this is downright theft. I believe it is illegal and I am sure if the person doing it is reported, the cop will find a way to write him up, or at least s/he should.

Pigeye Brewster

Post by Pigeye Brewster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 pm

xerxes101 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm
mptfan wrote:
LadyIJ wrote:
mak1277 wrote:
bearcub wrote:
While in the laundromat I noticed a woman putting her clothes in a dryer. On the phone she told a friend she would be right over. A half hour walk was no problem. So I opened her dryer + threw my clothes in with hers. Got dryed for free. She never knew.
It's worse than cheap - downright dishonest. I wouldn't want a stranger's clothes drying with mine. How do I know what cooties are in it? That is JUST TERRIBLE and possibly illegal!
Ok, calm down. I understand you wouldn't want a stranger's clothes drying with yours, but illegal? Come on. What law was violated?
I think this is the most idiotic and a low-life thing one can do. This is not being frugal; this is downright theft. I believe it is illegal and I am sure if the person doing it is reported, the cop will find a way to write him up, or at least s/he should.
2nd hand indecent exposure? :D

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:00 pm

SuperGrafx wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:33 pm
bearcub wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 am
I dress crappy + go down to the corner church soup kitchen for free lunch. :shock:
I thought soup kitchens were intended for the truly needy. :?

Wow...this website's name really should be changed to "miserheads"
Members who have millions of dollars saved up, yet take great pride in living like penny-pinching Scrooges.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone confess to helping themselves to money in those tip jars you see on the counters of your local coffee shop.

SMH
One skill honed by this web site is the ability to distinguish outliers from the normality. Eating at a soup kitchen is far more rare among the Bogleheads than donating thousands of dollars to charities that serve the poor.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm

fishnskiguy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 pm
I made an open face turkey sandwich for lunch using the two heels from the bread loaf. Waste not, want not.

Chris
I have never much liked the heels on sliced bread but I have found that if they are used in a sandwich with the crusty sides facing in that the difference is hardly noticeable, although that wouldn't work with an open-faced sandwich.

(Of course an open-faced sandwich isn't a sandwich anyway, it's toast with toppings. 8-) )

rhornback

Post by rhornback » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 pm

thangngo wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:53 pm
kenoryan wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:33 pm
I had a tree fall in my yard. The tree service quoted me $900 to take it down and haul it away.

I went to Menards and bought an electric chain saw for $70. I cut down the tree and chopped it into firewood. Took me 3 hours but I saved $830! I bought 3 shares of SPY!
I would rent an electric chain saw if I have that option :twisted:

Good job!
Maybe you should have bought the electric saw from Costco instead of Menards. I hear Costco would take the electric saw back and who knows maybe they'd even pay you for the tree. jk

cheesepep

Post by cheesepep » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 am

I commonly reuse ziploc baggies. A quick rinse and they are as good as new. I also use them for soups and stuff. Much easier many times than a Tupperware.

Every time I visit a restaurant and get some napkins, I take unused napkins back with me

mptfan

Post by mptfan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

xerxes101 wrote:
mptfan wrote:
LadyIJ wrote:
mak1277 wrote:
bearcub wrote:
What law was broken?

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm

mptfan wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am
xerxes101 wrote:
mptfan wrote:
LadyIJ wrote:
mak1277 wrote:

What law was broken?
When I was walking el Camino de Santiago, it was common for several people to share a washer and a dryer at an albergue. Washers and dryers were at €3-€3.5, each. Most people did not carry enough clothes to fill up a machine, and sharing machines saved time so that people would not wait for hours to do their laundry. Note that the clothes we were washing were much dirtier than normal laundry because we were walking in them many hours in cold, heat, rain, and dust.

In my opinion, squeamishness deprives people of valuable experiences.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm
mptfan wrote:
xerxes101 wrote:
mptfan wrote:
LadyIJ wrote:

What law was broken?
When I was walking el Camino de Santiago, it was common for several people to share a washer and a dryer at an albergue. Washers and dryers were at €3-€3.5, each. Most people did not carry enough clothes to fill up a machine, and sharing machines saved time so that people would not wait for hours to do their laundry. Note that the clothes we were washing were much dirtier than normal laundry because we were walking in them many hours in cold, heat, rain, and dust.

Victoria
They did so voluntarily though, right?

azurekep

Post by azurekep » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm
VictoriaF wrote:
mptfan wrote:
xerxes101 wrote:
mptfan wrote:

What law was broken?

Victoria
Okay folks, where are the studies:

Is active sharing of a washing machine better than passive sharing?

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm

I made a pumpkin pie from my own home grown Cinderella pumpkin. At the same time the heat is nice for a cold day here in SoCal, no need to turn on the heater.
In fact, it looks so yummy that I’m tempted to skip lunch and just go straight to the desert.

SimplicityNow

Post by SimplicityNow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Baked my own bread. Been doing it for months. Much tastier, less ingredients then store bought and I'm sure it is cheaper.

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:25 pm

azurekep wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:03 pm
Doom&Gloom wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm
VictoriaF wrote:
mptfan wrote:
xerxes101 wrote:

What law was broken?

Victoria
Okay folks, where are the studies:

Is active sharing of a washing machine better than passive sharing?
The Bogleheads wisdom is that more diversified sharing is better, and passive is preferable to active. With the active Camino sharing, everyone's clothes look and smell similarly bad, and so there is little diversity. With the clandestine laundry loading, you have a chance to diversify someone's nice clothes with your ugly ones, and vice versa.

Also, you are laundering the money you have not spent, which is more legal than run-of-the-mill money laundering.

Victoria

thangngo

Post by thangngo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:45 pm

xerxes101 wrote:
mptfan wrote:
LadyIJ wrote:
mak1277 wrote:
bearcub wrote:
No need to be judgmental. Be thankful to live in first world country where you can do laundry with washer and dryer. When I was young, I washed clothes by hands, not just my clothes. Then, hung it up to air dry.

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:34 pm

I spent the whole afternoon rebooking for my upcoming trip. I found out I have the .genius rewards from booking.com, so I went back and rebooked all of my hotels, even the exact same ones for 10% discount. I also found out I had an overlap and delete one date, worth at least $300 for one day, but I think I can safely say, I saved about $1000-$2000 through genius rewards. What’s not to like? I will continue rebooking at some hotels to squeeze out some money in the coming months.

Minty

Post by Minty » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 pm

mptfan wrote:
xerxes101 wrote:
mptfan wrote:
LadyIJ wrote:
mak1277 wrote:

What law was broken?
In many jurisdictions, piggy-backing on someone else's washer or dryer time without permission would constitute theft of services. This is the Illinois statute (720 ILCS 5/16-3):

Sec. 16-3. Theft of labor or services or use of property.
(a) A person commits theft when he or she knowingly obtains the temporary use of property, labor or services of another which are available only for hire, by means of threat or deception or knowing that such use is without the consent of the person providing the property, labor or services.
Core Four with nominal bonds and TIPS.

amitb00

Post by amitb00 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Spent 30 min charging Tesla at Supercharger free instead of driving home directly and charging at home. I don’t do it regularly but wanted to write in this thread and so ...

xerxes101

Post by xerxes101 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Minty wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 pm
mptfan wrote:
xerxes101 wrote:
mptfan wrote:
LadyIJ wrote:

What law was broken?
In many jurisdictions, piggy-backing on someone else's washer or dryer time without permission would constitute theft of services. This is the Illinois statute (720 ILCS 5/16-3):

Sec. 16-3. Theft of labor or services or use of property.
(a) A person commits theft when he or she knowingly obtains the temporary use of property, labor or services of another which are available only for hire, by means of threat or deception or knowing that such use is without the consent of the person providing the property, labor or services.
Thank you Minty!, that's good to know. :sharebeer

baconavocado

Post by baconavocado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Hey everyone, I think @bearcub was pulling our leg with some of those posts, right?

bearcub

Post by bearcub » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 am

:twisted: OK I will come "clean". Joking with my posts. Just wanted to have some humor + see folks reactions. :D Life is short,have some fun.

baconavocado

Post by baconavocado » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 am

bearcub wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 am
:twisted: OK I will come "clean". Joking with my posts. Just wanted to have some humor + see folks reactions. :D Life is short,have some fun.
The dryer thing was pretty funny.

HIinvestor

Post by HIinvestor » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 am

The past two days I called Citi about their CC statements. On one, they took/stole $.59 from me and called it an inactivity fee. I asked the Custoner Service Rep where it describes this in my card agreement. He said he had never heard Uc it and apologized and gave me an extra $10 cash back for my Costco reward.

Today I called about my 2nd Citi Costco card that was charged a Kate fee and finance charge for a bill I can’t recall ever receiving. The CSR guy apologized and re-credited these amounts (whopping $2.60) and took my payment over the phone.

I don’t plan to use these CCards going forward. I use my USAA card and don’t have these weird issues, plus get 2.5% back on all purchases.

wdnnikl

Post by wdnnikl » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:51 am

bearcub wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 am
I enjoyed your posts and all the reactions very much!

Reminded me of an incident that took place many years ago in which a new hire was frantically searching for a board stretcher. Mind you, I was only observing. :wink:

SundayMorning

Post by SundayMorning » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:35 pm

I have never much liked the heels on sliced bread but I have found that if they are used in a sandwich with the crusty sides facing in that the difference is hardly noticeable, although that wouldn't work with an open-faced sandwich.
My wife does that to me sometimes. I get a stealthy heel PB&J in my lunch. The 1st time it happened, my initial bite shot jelly all over my work shirt.
:oops: The heel side is too slick to hold the jelly in place. Now I check my sammiches before digging in.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 pm

My HMO recently opened several free gyms in my area. They are totally free for everyone, you don't have to have insurance with the HMO, you just have to register to get a pass. They are not huge, but they have nice cardio equipment, a variety of weight machines and free weights. The best part is that one is right down the street from me. I've never been a gym goer before, but I've been going in the mornings before work for about a month now. It's awesome.

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 pm

I went to my art store looking for big canvases for my next painting. The big one 48x60 is about $100 or more, so while deciding that, the store employee said to buy the 48x48 for $20 instead, they are on sale. That’s what I did, I figured since I never painted on a big canvas before, maybe I shouldnt be so gung-ho on spending money on expensive canvases. This painting will go in my dinning room. It will remind us of our adventure in the French Polynesia islands.
Last edited by DrGoogle2017 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelRpdx

Post by MichaelRpdx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:28 pm

DrGoogle2017 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 pm
I went to my art store looking for big canvases for my next painting. The big on 48x60 is about $100 or more, so while deciding that, the store employee said to buy the 48x48 for $20 instead, they are on sale. That’s what I did, I figured since I never painted on a big canvas before, maybe I shouldnt be so gung-ho on spending money on expensive canvases. This painting will go in my dinning room. It will remind us of our adventure in the French Polynesia islands.
Have you ever stretched your own canvases? It's not that hard.
Having said that, the 48x48 at $20 is less than the cost of the parts to do your own. Great find!
Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity

RRAAYY3

Post by RRAAYY3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm

I made my own coffee, didn't order breakfast/lunch, won't order dinner, and just put half of my paycheck into high yield savings ...

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm

MichaelRpdx wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:28 pm
DrGoogle2017 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 pm
I went to my art store looking for big canvases for my next painting. The big on 48x60 is about $100 or more, so while deciding that, the store employee said to buy the 48x48 for $20 instead, they are on sale. That’s what I did, I figured since I never painted on a big canvas before, maybe I shouldnt be so gung-ho on spending money on expensive canvases. This painting will go in my dinning room. It will remind us of our adventure in the French Polynesia islands.
Have you ever stretched your own canvases? It's not that hard.
Having said that, the 48x48 at $20 is less than the cost of the parts to do your own. Great find!
I don’t really know how.

NoVaBlue

Post by NoVaBlue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Brought my lunch to work, as I do most days (and as others have also mentioned in this thread). It's amazing how much $ people will spend on eating lunch out/getting Starbucks every day. (I've never been a coffee drinker, so that helps me save, too.) Even spending just $3-4 a day more on buying lunch vs. what it costs to make/bring your own adds up fast.

hmw

Post by hmw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:33 pm

My family went to the Dali Mueseum today after 5pm for less than the 1/2 price of regular tickets. Parked on the street for $2 as opposed to $10 at the mueseum parking lot.

Now we are going to dinner at an expensive restaurant. 😃

RRAAYY3

Post by RRAAYY3 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm

NoVaBlue wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm
Brought my lunch to work, as I do most days (and as others have also mentioned in this thread). It's amazing how much $ people will spend on eating lunch out/getting Starbucks every day. (I've never been a coffee drinker, so that helps me save, too.) Even spending just $3-4 a day more on buying lunch vs. what it costs to make/bring your own adds up fast.
Every time I’m in the office - the younger staff seem to walk in with Starbucks daily and order lunch almost everyday

Literally spending $5000+ annually on what I make and bring from home . It’s insane ... that’s at least 150,000 saved over a 30-year career

For coffee and unhealthy mediocre lunch

Shikoku

Post by Shikoku » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:43 am

RRAAYY3 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm
NoVaBlue wrote:
Every time I’m in the office - the younger staff seem to walk in with Starbucks daily and order lunch almost everyday

Literally spending $5000+ annually on what I make and bring from home . It’s insane ... that’s at least 150,000 saved over a 30-year career

During lunch hour I come home from work and eat home-cooked food. It is frugal and healthy!
"I don't worry too much about pointing fingers at the past. I operate on the theory that every saint has a past, every sinner has a future." -- Warren Buffett

IowaFarmWife

Post by IowaFarmWife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 am

[/quote]
During lunch hour I come home from work and eat home-cooked food. It is frugal and healthy!
[/quote]

I do this sometimes, too, but the problem is that I don't want to go back to work after being home!

RRAAYY3

Post by RRAAYY3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:47 am

Aside from the money saved, I get a kick out of my coworkers almost always complaining about the food once it arrives

And yet - they continue to order daily ... i’ve Noticed somewhat of a social pressure to do so, it’s interesting.

RobLyons

Post by RobLyons » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:58 am

Today I saved about $70 by purchasing my much needed sneakers online for $30. (On my feet a lot for work plus physically active)
Had my $0.30 coffee at home with egg breakfast at home
Made free $$ by being "on call" at work, and will work the overnight tonight due to a sick call
And continued our kids school vacation tradition by not going on vacation - staying local for fun, frugal activities ($5k savings)
Just a way of life. And no the kids do not miss out or wish they could go to Disney, away, etc. Ages 5 and 8 they are happy with a 2-3 day vacation every summer a state or two away. Cheer all !

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:54 am

RRAAYY3 wrote:
NoVaBlue wrote:

Here in Utah we have this insane craze with drive-through soda shops. Almost enclosed kiosks which sell soda with all kinds of "add-ins". They are practically on every street corner(two within 1/4 mile of my office) and are so popular that the lines often go all the way into the street. Even in winter (now), most of my staff gets some sort of "dirty soda" on the way into the office and then goes and gets one during lunch; literally spending $6-10 a day (for many of them, that's an hour of take-home pay), before they have even left work, on diabetes in a cup.

IndigoE

Post by IndigoE » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am

MichaelRpdx wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:11 pm
IndigoE wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 pm
First of all, I'm spending the winter in Marrakech, Morocco so, no heating bills. Beyond that I made lentil soup from scratch (of course) for lunch and my husband is making dinner as I write. Couldn't be more frugal or Mor fun!
Thank you for setting a great example!
What was for dinner?
... Sorry I didn't see this question of Jan. 11... But I can tell you what dinner was because my husband is making it again tonight: Roasted peppers and eggplant chopped with a little tomato sauce over a portion of pasta with roasted chicken thigh and spinach sautéed in garlic and olive oil. Delicious! Morocco has fabulous and very inexpensive produce, chicken, meat (grass fed beef, lamb, goat, camel) though we often stick to beans and vegetables.
We are of modest means but like to "live large"... Hence we spend as much time as possible here in Morocco. Would make it permanent but summer is just too hot.

andypanda

Post by andypanda » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 am

I took the braid fishing line off of my favorite freshwater reel and reversed it. Now the 2-year-old worn and dirty line is next to the spool and I'm fishing with clean line that's never been in the water. A $20 savings.

To show that reversing the line is thrifty and not simply cheap, I'll mention that the Shimano Metanium reel was $419 and the Shimano/Loomis 783 rod was $649. :) If I needed new line I'd go ahead and buy it.

SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am

RRAAYY3 wrote:
NoVaBlue wrote:

I think it's a generational thing.
This is what the younger generation and millennials value.
They place a higher value on dining out, buying coffee, being foodies, living in cramped trendy apartments, instead of home ownership and saving.

Some of the younger staff that I work with don't even value learning how to drive...they're perfectly content with just using a bike or uber, which blows my mind.

The world is changing, and not necessarily for the better.

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:23 pm

A Czech joke (in my translation):
A mother gives her little son a letter and some money and asks him to go to the post office, buy an envelope and a stamp, and mail the letter. The son returns in a half-hour with ice cream. The mother asks where he's got the money for the ice cream. He replies that he bought an envelope but not the stamp. "But that's OK, when I was dropping the letter nobody saw me!"

Victoria

MichaelRpdx

Post by MichaelRpdx » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm

SuperGrafx wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am
Some of the younger staff that I work with don't even value learning how to drive...they're perfectly content with just using a bike or uber, which blows my mind.

Considering the high cost of car ownership and the huge health benefits of cycling it sounds like you work with some pretty bright younger staff.
Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity

Texanbybirth

Post by Texanbybirth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Worked out in the fitness center at my office, and ate breakfast and lunch here.

I also drive a Yaris daily when we could have afforded a car twice as expensive. Some people keep saying that will eventually pay off. :!:

SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:56 pm

MichaelRpdx wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm
SuperGrafx wrote:

Considering the high cost of car ownership and the huge health benefits of cycling it sounds like you work with some pretty bright younger staff.
Yeah of course. The cost.

But I'm getting more around the fact that there seems to be a trend towards today's youth not wanting to learn how to drive, how to learn basic trouble shooting/repair skills, cooking, etc.
It's all about paying someone else to do everything these days, it seems.

Shikoku

Post by Shikoku » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:53 pm

No driving today. Finished my research paper from home and submitted!
"I don't worry too much about pointing fingers at the past. I operate on the theory that every saint has a past, every sinner has a future." -- Warren Buffett

RRAAYY3

Post by RRAAYY3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:05 pm

SuperGrafx wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:56 pm
MichaelRpdx wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm
SuperGrafx wrote:

Yeah of course. The cost.

But I'm getting more around the fact that there seems to be a trend towards today's youth not wanting to learn how to drive, how to learn basic trouble shooting/repair skills, cooking, etc.
It's all about paying someone else to do everything these days, it seems.
It’s true, and seems to be part of a different problem - difficulty thinking past what’s right in front of them

I layed out a rough estimate on what 1 of my coworkers paid for Starbucks each year and I thought her head was going to explode.

Not a lot of people think twice about 10$ here, 20$ there ... it adds up to a ton of money when you consider it as a monthly/yearly total. Thousands spent on (unhealthy) food and overpriced coffee

DrGoogle2017

Post by DrGoogle2017 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 pm

I took my loose pearls that purchase from Tahiti to my local jewelry shop. She put them in silver pendant and posts so I can wear them daily. I love the pearls, they are so luscious, but if I had them made in Tahiti, it would cost me more.
I like DIY even for jewelry, so I got my pair of earrings and pendant for $50. What’s not to like.
This way, I will wear them daily and not worry about the cost and put them in safe deposit box.
Great souvenirs from my last trip.