US Postal Service Informed Delivery

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
tomd37

US Postal Service Informed Delivery

Post by tomd37 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Does anyone know what has happened to the USPS Informed Delivery system this week? I have not been receiving any email notifications this week nor can I access the system through www.usps.com. :annoyed
Tom D.

MilleniumBuc

Re: US Postal Service Informed Delivery

Post by MilleniumBuc » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 pm

It must be local. The two times I did not receive an email, there was no regular mail that day, only junk fliers.

eye.surgeon

Post by eye.surgeon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Mine has been hit or miss, might have something to do with the doubling of mail volume that occurs in December.
"I would rather be certain of a good return than hopeful of a great one" | Warren Buffett

jcpct

Post by jcpct » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:47 pm

I've been getting the daily email but it was very late a couple of days. I actually received my mail before the email one day. Probably due to the very heavy volume of mail.

SeekingAPlan

Post by SeekingAPlan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Two days this week I got regular size / non-ad mail but no email scan.

PinotGris

Post by PinotGris » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:28 pm

I tried to stop mail and i got an alert that the service is not available currently???

ccieemeritus

Post by ccieemeritus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 am

I get the email every day but this week the email started coming late, sometimes in the afternoon.

mouses

Post by mouses » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:37 am

Informed Delivery been working fine for me in Rhode Island.

UPS on the other hand has been in bizarre land. Packages are taking forever and their explanation is "holiday volume."

jfn111

Post by jfn111 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:02 am

Same thing here in MN. Either no email or very late after the mail has already come. I went on line yesterday and it said I was getting 4 mail pieces but "scan was unavailable".

abner kravitz

Post by abner kravitz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:20 am

Mine has been working (South Carolina).

samsoes

Post by samsoes » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:23 am

Mine's been rock-solid. Get the alerts every morning (that there's mail delivery) in the 7:00 hour. Connecticut.
"Happiness Is Not My Companion" - Gen. Gouverneur K. Warren. | (Avatar is the statue of Gen. Warren at Little Round Top @ Gettysburg National Military Park.)

student

Post by student » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:32 am

Not working properly here, a city in the Midwest.

bighatnohorse

Post by bighatnohorse » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:46 am

It's been spotty for quite some time - mostly it tells me that I have mail but it has no image.
Even worse, my temporary change-of-address failed and mail was piling up at my summer home address. I filed an usps email about the problem and they relayed it to the local (wrong) post office.
The USPS has been good for the last few years but seems to have encountered problems just recently.

Snapper

Post by Snapper » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:04 am

Not working at all this week in the Sacramento Area.

tomd37

Post by tomd37 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:07 am

As good as it had been working until just recently, I suspect it has something to do with the volume of mail at the holiday period and maybe some locations have temporarily stopped it. At least I hope it is a temporary stoppage.
Tom D.

mpsz

Post by mpsz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 am

The app and website have not loaded for me all week. I receive the e-mail most days (not every day), but it just says "you have a mailpiece with no picture".

FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 am

mpsz wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 am
The app and website have not loaded for me all week. I receive the e-mail most days (not every day), but it just says "you have a mailpiece with no picture".
I received one of those (mailpiece with no pic messages) yesterday for the first time. For the few days prior to that the email notifications became spotty. I'm assuming things will straighten out when the holiday rush is over.

Edit: Of course as soon as I posted this I received my morning informed delivery email notification right on time including images.
IGNORE the noise! | Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. - Henry David Thoreau

jfn111

Post by jfn111 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 am

FrugalInvestor wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 am
mpsz wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 am
I received one of those (mailpiece with no pic messages) yesterday for the first time. For the few days prior to that the email notifications became spotty. I'm assuming things will straighten out when the holiday rush is over.

Edit: Of course as soon as I posted this I received my morning informed delivery email notification right on time including images.
Same here. Today's came early with pictures.

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:56 pm

My Informed Delivery email alert is working fine. No missed days or program unavailability here in Florida's west coast.

Our little neighborhood is receiving 10-15 delivery trucks each day. Multiple trucks from all the usual suspects: FedEx, UPS, USPS, Amazon. Soon the golf carts will be rolling about, I noticed a package setup area at a gas station where the golf cart deliveries generally originate. Starting to look a lot like Christmas around here!

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

Post by 123 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Here in California the emails have been coming at 3 pm instead of 8 am the last week or two. So the mail often arrives sometimes before the Informed Delivery notice lately. Checking status of mail during the day often just causes the screen to load endlessly with no result as well lately. Perhaps its related to Christmas/Holiday mail volume but my personal mail volume really hasn't changed.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

catdude

Post by catdude » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:24 pm

mouses wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:37 am
UPS on the other hand has been in bizarre land. Packages are taking forever and their explanation is "holiday volume."
I was expecting a package yesterday from UPS so I stayed home all afternoon and evening. UPS's email says that it was delivered to my front porch at 5 PM, but the package is nowhere to be seen....
catdude | | The only thing between North Dakota and the North Pole is a barbed-wire fence.

tomd37

Post by tomd37 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:00 pm

OP here again. Informed Delivery email started up again today. Who knows what is going on! :confused
Tom D.

THY4373

Post by THY4373 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm

catdude wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:24 pm
I was expecting a package yesterday from UPS so I stayed home all afternoon and evening. UPS's email says that it was delivered to my front porch at 5 PM, but the package is nowhere to be seen....
This has happened to me multiple times it usually shows up a day or two later. It seems to be the PO playing games with the delivery times of Priority Mail so it looks like they have made their delivery expectations when they haven't. I have also seen where they said the item was not deliverable because my mailbox was full when it wasn't or other like excuses.

tomd37

Post by tomd37 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Let's not confuse USPS with UPS
Tom D.

brokendirtdart

Post by brokendirtdart » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 pm

It has been working well for me here in southish western Louisiana. It took a bit for it to get started up again after I changed addresses a couple times, but is smooth again.

There were a couple of instances of unavailable images for both magazine subscriptions and letter mail. No real issues with inbound package alerts-I'm a full blown amazon shopper, so the alerts are great.

catdude

Post by catdude » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:06 pm

THY4373 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm
catdude wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:24 pm
This has happened to me multiple times it usually shows up a day or two later. It seems to be the PO playing games with the delivery times of Priority Mail so it looks like they have made their delivery expectations when they haven't. I have also seen where they said the item was not deliverable because my mailbox was full when it wasn't or other like excuses.
I’ve got the package now, UPS (not USPS) delivered it to the wrong address.
catdude | | The only thing between North Dakota and the North Pole is a barbed-wire fence.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

catdude wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:06 pm

I was just going to respond to your first message advising you to check your neighbors’ porches. Because that is where I found my packages earlier this week after UPS claimed to have delivered them to me. Bit disconcerting to walk around the neighborhood with a flashlight in the dark and look for stuff on other people’s porches.

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:42 pm

TravelGeek wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm
catdude wrote:

I was just going to respond to your first message advising you to check your neighbors’ porches. Because that is where I found my packages earlier this week after UPS claimed to have delivered them to me. Bit disconcerting to walk around the neighborhood with a flashlight in the dark and look for stuff on other people’s porches.
Disconcerting is not the word. That can be downright dangerous in some neighborhoods.

A couple of weeks ago FedEx sent me a notice of a delivery which I did not receive. When I called them, they asked me if I had checked with my neighbors. I told them it wasn't my job to canvass the neighborhood or beyond to find which house they mistakenly delivered my package to. Late the next day the package appeared on my porch. I don't think FedEx tracked it down as they called me about a week later to see if my issue had been resolved. I just wish I knew which neighbor to thank for doing FedEx' job.

catdude

Post by catdude » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:31 am

Doom&Gloom wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:42 pm
TravelGeek wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm
catdude wrote:

Disconcerting is not the word. That can be downright dangerous in some neighborhoods.

A couple of weeks ago FedEx sent me a notice of a delivery which I did not receive. When I called them, they asked me if I had checked with my neighbors. I told them it wasn't my job to canvass the neighborhood or beyond to find which house they mistakenly delivered my package to. Late the next day the package appeared on my porch. I don't think FedEx tracked it down as they called me about a week later to see if my issue had been resolved. I just wish I knew which neighbor to thank for doing FedEx' job.
D&G - yeah not a good idea to wander thru the neighborhood late at night, checking out your neighbor's porches. Here in the Wild West that kinda thing can get you in big trouble.

Fortunately I was at home when the neighbor dude dropped off the package that had been mistakenly delivered to his house. I thanked him and we had a good laugh about it. We agreed that UPS drivers are probably stressed out this time of year....

catdude

Post by catdude » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:40 am

P.S. Hi again Bogleheads. Regarding a different package, I just got an email from Amazon stating that it's still on its way, but will be delayed in getting to me due to USPS delays. The thing is, I already got the package! USPS delivered it this afternoon. Sounds like they're having trouble dealing with holiday package volume....

FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:24 am

catdude wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:40 am
P.S. Hi again Bogleheads. Regarding a different package, I just got an email from Amazon stating that it's still on its way, but will be delayed in getting to me due to USPS delays. The thing is, I already got the package! USPS delivered it this afternoon. Sounds like they're having trouble dealing with holiday package volume....
I also have a package that Amazon says has not been delivered by USPS. A couple of others arrived at the same time and Amazon shows them as delivered.
IGNORE the noise! | Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. - Henry David Thoreau