UPS, FedEx, etc. delivery to Post Office

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
dm200

UPS, FedEx, etc. delivery to Post Office

Post by dm200 »

I do no know if this is available at all Post Offices (USPS), but PO Box holders at our local post office can have their UPS, FedEx, etc. deliveries sent to their PO Box - buy using the street address of the post office and the box number.

Very handy and a safer way to have packages (and some envelopes) delivered..
student

Re: UPS, FedEx, etc. delivery to Post Office

Post by student »

Interesting but they only accept packages during business hours, correct?
Topic Author
dm200

Post by dm200 »

student wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:25 am Interesting but they only accept packages during business hours, correct?
I do not know. Maybe there is some kind of after hours secure drop?
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

You have more faith in your local Post Office than I do. Given the record my local post office has had of losing things I trust I will have better luck of picking up a package from UPS/Fedex/AMZN/Laser-Ship off my door-stoop before a thief does versus having it not be lost at my local Post Office. Plus "student" brings up a good point about hours - UPS/Fedex/AMZN are all extending their delivery hours this time of year - my local PO closes pretty early.
Topic Author
dm200

Post by dm200 »

DaftInvestor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 am You have more faith in your local Post Office than I do. Given the record my local post office has had of losing things I trust I will have better luck of picking up a package from UPS/Fedex/AMZN/Laser-Ship off my door-stoop before a thief does versus having it not be lost at my local Post Office. Plus "student" brings up a good point about hours - UPS/Fedex/AMZN are all extending their delivery hours this time of year - my local PO closes pretty early.
Good points. For a personal box and an orgainzation box, I have never had any such delieveries totally lost. Occasionally, there have been delays.

The post office building and boxes, though, are accessible 7 days a week, 24 hours a day - so I can get to the box as well as the delivery boxes for larger packages. Occasionally, I have to pick up at the desk during business hours.