travel golf club case?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
notmyhand

travel golf club case?

Post by notmyhand » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm

DH is in need of a case for his golf clubs when he has to travel and see clients. I would like to get him something as one of his Christmas gifts as he has been borrowing a friends soft case for the last few trips. He is an average golfer and most of his clubs are several decades old so I don't need anything expensive. I know nothing about how golf so have no idea what size case is appropriate or if anything is important. Help?

TheTimeLord

Re: travel golf club case?

Post by TheTimeLord » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:27 pm

The Club Glove - Last Bag Large Pro would be an excellent choice retails for $319. Would also present a good image to clients. That said if his clubs are really decades old and not classic Pings, he might want to buy a lightly worn used set which are in plentiful supply and much cheaper than new to make a better impression on clients if they are into golf.
IMHO, Investing should be about living the life you want, not avoiding the life you fear. | Run, You Clever Boy! [9085]

Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:52 am

TheTimeLord wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:27 pm
The Club Glove - Last Bag Large Pro would be an excellent choice retails for $319. Would also present a good image to clients. That said if his clubs are really decades old and not classic Pings, he might want to buy a lightly worn used set which are in plentiful supply and much cheaper than new to make a better impression on clients if they are into golf.
+1 on the Club Glove - Last Bag Large Pro
https://www.amazon.com/Club-Glove-Large ... 2Bbag&th=1 For cart bags and the smaller "Collegiate" model if he only uses a smaller stand bag. It takes up little space when empty and the wheels feature helps a lot.
I also have a solid clamshell bag but it adds a lot of weight and is cumbersome. If he has an expensive set, Titleist, etc, then he might want more protection than the soft bag.
The other option is to rent a set at the course when one travels.
j :D

Compound

Post by Compound » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:58 am

Adding my vote for the Club Glove bag. I’ve been very happy with it. Very easy to use and has done a good job of protecting my clubs.

fjfino

Post by fjfino » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:18 am

I like my Ogio soft bag...they make a few different Models/styles to choose from too
Pay yourself first

notmyhand

Post by notmyhand » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 am

Thank you everyone, I went ahead and purchased the Club Glove. And yes, his set of golf clubs belonged to his father. He hasn't mentioned wanting to change anything out but maybe I'll keep those in mind for gifts for future occasions.

Thank you!

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 am

This is good to know. Thanks!
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

Monster99

Post by Monster99 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:02 pm

notmyhand wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 am
Thank you everyone, I went ahead and purchased the Club Glove. And yes, his set of golf clubs belonged to his father. He hasn't mentioned wanting to change anything out but maybe I'll keep those in mind for gifts for future occasions.

Thank you!
As a gift buy him a club fitting with a Pro for $200-$400. He will get to swing lots of different clubs and it will improve his enjoyment of the great game of golf!

DanMahowny

Post by DanMahowny » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Club Glove
Funding secured