Keurig died...what now?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Howie

Keurig died...what now?

Post by Howie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:40 pm

My wife’s Keurig bit the dust recently. She likes the K-Cup concept and I understand there are options beyond Keurig that could utilize this format. Looking for thoughts on whether to stay with the Keurig brand or go with another? I’d value reliability/durability greater than simply looking for the cheapest option.

livesoft

Re: Keurig died...what now?

Post by livesoft » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Give up drinking coffee altogether. That's the cheapest option.
This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

tetractys

Post by tetractys » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 pm

The second cheapest is Instant. Spoons and cups are pretty durable. — Tet
Last edited by tetractys on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triceratop

Post by triceratop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 pm

I would look on eBay; I have a hunch there may be some available there.

It's funny I'm seeing this today because my office Keurig also broke down. I don't care except it provides me hot water for looseleaf tea.
"To play the stock market is to play musical chairs under the chord progression of a bid-ask spread."

denovo

Post by denovo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:56 pm

livesoft wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Some banks and Trader Joe's give free coffee. You can go every day for $0.

navyitaly

Post by navyitaly » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:09 am

was it paid with a credit card that doubles warranty, do you have receipt? was it within this period?

jon7417

Post by jon7417 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 am

This sounds kind of sad, but I expect my Keurig to die every 1-2 years with our heavy use. As expected it died last month and I purchased a new one. This time with a 3 year warranty from Amazon (only $2.89). When it dies in the next 2 years, I will replace with my claim and repeat. If it makes 3 years without croaking, score, but I don't have high hopes.

saltycaper

Post by saltycaper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 am

Bit the dust "recently," eh?

You know there are other options, eh?

Wondering if you should switch brands, eh?

Your username is "Howie," eh?

"What now?" indeed.

I would look for something more automated, compact, and easier to use. I'd prefer if it just drank the coffee for me.
"I guess I should warn you, if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said." --Alan Greenspan

Longtermgrowth

Post by Longtermgrowth » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 am

I would go with a cheap little coffee brewer like the 5 cup Mr Coffee. It takes no time to put a filter in, scoop desired amount of coffee grounds, and brew a few cups. I like dark coffee without cream or sugar though...

Another plus is that you can clean this type of cheap device as often as desired by running vinegar through it. Can you do that with a Keurig? I remember a news report testing for mold/bacteria in a Keurig and it was off the charts. The vinegar cleaning is recommended as a monthly maintenance procedure in the Mr Coffee manual...

Alright, just answered my own question with this (it appears running vinegar through a Keurig will work too, though I wonder if they include the recommendation in their manual): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnsodNd5YAA

samtex

Post by samtex » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am

Longtermgrowth wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 am
I would go with a cheap little coffee brewer like the 5 cup Mr Coffee. It takes no time to put a filter in, scoop desired amount of coffee grounds, and brew a few cups. I like dark coffee without cream or sugar though...

Another plus is that you can clean this type of cheap device as often as desired by running vinegar through it. Can you do that with a Keurig? I remember a news report testing for mold/bacteria in a Keurig and it was off the charts. The vinegar cleaning is recommended as a monthly maintenance procedure in the Mr Coffee manual...

Alright, just answered my own question with this (it appears running vinegar through a Keurig will work too, though I wonder if they include the recommendation in their manual): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnsodNd5YAA
Yes, it states to do it on a schedule. Ours will also alert if it is needed to descale it if you don't follow the recommended schedule. In the past we have also had good luck calling Keurig if ours die, they offered a deep discount direct purchase. Their models have varied in dependability over the years but I current one has been pretty reliable. Be sure to change the water if it sits a lot (only one sporadic coffee drinker here)

Recently ours acted up, I had to unplug it to "reboot" it. Seems to have worked but they aren't as reliable as a waffle iron. :mrgreen:
Samtex

2comma

Post by 2comma » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 am

The secret is to buy a spare coffee maker. All of the competitively priced ones are junk. We have two spares in the attic - the current one just keeps on working, I think somehow it knows we don't care if it lives or dies!
If I am stupid I will pay.

trasmuss

Post by trasmuss » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 am

Try Taster's Choice French Roast and use a microwave. I got a Keurig for Christmas but still use the instant most of the time. It is convenient, will save you money, and there isn't anything to break or clean. I actually prefer it over everything except Starbucks House Blend and only have that rarely due to cost.

mouses

Post by mouses » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 am

Aren't the cups those things use environmental disasters?

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:01 am

If you decide to replace it, try not to get a "Keurig II"-type machine. The second generation Keurig machines incorporated DRM (digital rights management) and will only work with cups that incorporate matching DRM features, which leaves out a lot of the third-party manufacturers. There are multiple workarounds posted on the internet, but if you can avoid the problem altogether, it'll make life simpler.
Anybody know why there's a 20-pound frozen turkey up in the light grid?

mmcmonster

Post by mmcmonster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:13 am

trasmuss wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 am
Try Taster's Choice French Roast and use a microwave. I got a Keurig for Christmas but still use the instant most of the time. It is convenient, will save you money, and there isn't anything to break or clean. I actually prefer it over everything except Starbucks House Blend and only have that rarely due to cost.
I second. Instant coffee has a bad rap. Most of the ones on the shelf are quite good and they sell quite well (suggesting more people drink it than say they do).

I prefer instant to the burnt taste they sell at Starbucks. I feel it is on the level of Wawa and Dunkin' Donuts coffees.

DaftInvestor

Post by DaftInvestor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:32 am

I would stick with Keurig. The other brands are likely less reliable and if your wife has enjoyed it I doubt she will like instant coffee, giving up coffee, or other options people have mentioned (driving out to a bank that is giving coffee away would cost more money).

DaftInvestor

Post by DaftInvestor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 am

denovo wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:56 pm
livesoft wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Some banks and Trader Joe's give free coffee. You can go every day for $0.
How do you go there every day for $0? No gas or time needed for you to get there? Are they right next door to you home? For most this isn't the case.

Theseus

Post by Theseus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:41 am

saltycaper wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 am

"What now?" indeed.

I would look for something more automated, compact, and easier to use. I'd prefer if it just drank the coffee for me.
Your response matches the quotation in your signature. I love it. 😂😂

OP
Try Nespresso. It will be more expensive but sometimes you have to pay the price for the stuff you like. Or you can buy something like this. https://m.costco.com/De'longhi-Magnific ... 89388.html It will cost more but coffee will be very good and I will think Starbucks has been serving mud all this time.

likegarden

Post by likegarden » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 am

Keurig? I nurse all day a pot of 1/2 decaf coffee made with Mr.Coffee in the morning. That's good for me! Also that large 1/2 decaf Pumpkin Spice cup at a local convenience store has it.

dcabler

Post by dcabler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 am

The last one we bought was more of an industrial one - mainly designed for office use - been going strong for 2 years. That after our previous one died.
The previous one is in the garage - it's on my "some day I'll fix" list. What usually dies on these things is the same thing - the pumps. Lots of youtube videos on how to fix/replace them and the pumps are available.

Beyond that, I like the single cup format, but I don't like the price of k-cups. So, we use a Melitta Java Jig, which allows us to use own ground beans. It uses paper filters, which I like and we compost the filters/grounds daily....

NotWhoYouThink

Post by NotWhoYouThink » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 am

Check out the Nespresso Virtuo Line coffee maker. You can take the pods back for recycling, and the coffee tastes great.

Next best for single cup coffee with great taste is an Aeropress, which is a lot cheaper but more labor intensive.

tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 am

My daughter showed me a cool trick. Take a simple expresso maker, add grounds and voila, a single cup of coffee.
Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.

blenhardt

Post by blenhardt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am

Here is what we went to for making single cup or a pot of coffee. Making a single cup is very easy, much cheaper than pod coffee, and with no plastic to throw away.

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-4 ... B00EI7DPPI
Last edited by blenhardt on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am

saltycaper wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 am

"What now?" indeed.

+1
lol
Last edited by Stormbringer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe." - Albert Einstein

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 am

You didn't say how long your wife has had it... I haven't heard anything in the folkways about Keurig machines being short-lived, and the one in the teachers' break room in the school where I substitute-teach is a Keurig 1.0 that's being going strong for at least six years, under probably heavy use. It's not any special industrial model. And the one in the break room on the third floor did get replaced after maybe three years, I think.

My daughter has a Cuisinart-branded K-cup coffeemaker that she's very happy with and has had for... gee... I dunno... ten years, maybe.

If your wife has been happy with the system and the coffee it brews, personally I'd just shrug and buy another Keurig-branded machine. And let her pick it out, of course. And it would be rational not to buy the very exact same model again.

If you are using the machine to brew two cups daily... 730 cups/year... at $32 for a box of 6 packs of 12 K-cups of "Donut Shop" coffee... you are spending over $300/year for the K-cups so the price of replacing the coffeemaker now and then shouldn't be a big consideration. I'm not being snarky, because I'm assuming you consider that money well spent on a system that is expensive, but convenient and fun (assortment of flavors) and makes pretty good coffee.

If the only thing you dislike about the system is that your Keurig-branded coffeemaker didn't last very long, I'd just shrug and replace it. If you have two bad experiences in a row, well then, it might be time to look for something else.
Last edited by nisiprius on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 am

mouses wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 am
Yes. And the inventor said he wished he'd thought of that when he invented it.

I believe there's one brand that is biodegradable.

Coffee in and of itself is not good, environmentally. And normally very little of the retail price of a pound of coffee gets to the farmer (there are "Fairtrade" schemes which are better).

But the capsules are generally a disaster.

Note in the UK the disposable cups, a la Starbucks, only 2% are actually recycled. The vast majority wind up in landfill. This is something my spouse has actioned, she brings a cup into Starbucks, etc. I have not - it's one of those habitual things.

sid hartha

Post by sid hartha » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:12 am

French Press

katzmandu

Post by katzmandu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 am

Depends how much you like coffee.

The Keurig cups are incredibly expensive when you aggregate them out over cost per pound of coffee. There is a convenience factor, sure, but you'll have to ask yourself it makes sense to pay the extra for it.

I went in for the Technivorm Moccamaster (refurb to save on cost) and a Breville Grinder (among the tops). Sure, a higher bar to entry, but since you are buying beans (much cheaper per lb generally), the cost per/lb of coffee is much much lower than the K-Cups over time, and will eventually pay back what you spent on a top notch machine and grinder, PLUS the coffee that comes out of there daily will blow the doors off whatever a Keurig is dishing out....not even in the same ballpark. We all want to save, sure, but when you think about the things you use EVERY day , sometimes multiple times and for company/friends, its a small cost over time to have that extra enjoyment and quality.

My 2 cents.

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 am

French Press
Come on, folks. The premise of the original post is that his wife "likes the K-cup concept." You don't mess around with stuff your life companion likes.

He wants to know if there are better K-cup brewers than Keurig-branded brewers, not if there is any other way to make coffee.

Some people find it good value to spend more money on coffee than others. For some people, "spending more money to get coffee the way I like it" means single-estate Kona in a French press. For others, it's K-cups. Your personal utility function may be different.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

ThriftyPhD

Post by ThriftyPhD » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 am

nisiprius wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 am
French Press
Come on, folks. The premise of the original post is that his wife "likes the K-cup concept." You don't mess around with stuff your life companion likes.

He wants to know if there are better K-cup brewers than Keurig-branded brewers, not if there is any other way to make coffee.

Some people find it good value to spend more money on coffee than others. For some people, "spending more money to get coffee the way I like it" means single-estate Kona in a French press. For others, it's K-cups. Your personal utility function may be different.
++

I like making french press, cold brew, aeropress, espresso. I have a conical burr grinder, and an electric kettle that can heat the water to specific temperatures for different types of brewing. I'm deep down the rabbit hole of spending on great coffee.

And I have a Nespresso. Why? Sometimes you're in a hurry. Sometimes you just want a single cup. The Nespresso is easier to setup and use at work.

Lots of reasons to use something like a Keurig, even though it's more expensive than grinding your own beans.

That said, I would recommend you check out Nespresso. Go with the original line, not the new line. The capsules are 100% aluminum and nitrogen flushed. This means the coffee doesn't go stale nearly as quickly, and the aluminum is much more recyclable. The coffee is brewed under pressure, like espresso, which lets you make drinks like lattes and mochas, or you can add hot water for an americano, diluting to your desired strength. I wasn't expecting much when we got ours. We now have one at home and one for the office.

Frisco Kid

Post by Frisco Kid » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:49 am

Sadly many things today are built to a price point with planned obsoiecence the manufacturers primary goal. We have had several Keurigs die after about a year. Always bought at Costco so were able to exchange but got to be a hassle. We recently upgraded to a Mocha Master however it does not offer K cup convenience.

NotWhoYouThink

Post by NotWhoYouThink » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:49 am

Why the original line instead of the new one? I'm asking because I have an original line Nespresso, but it's 5 years old and I'm wondering what to replace it with when that dreaded day arrives.

Teague

Post by Teague » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 am

You could try calling Keurig support:

1 (866) 901-2739

I've done this in the past and they have replaced, free, machines that were years out of warranty. No charge for shipping either. I have no idea if they still will do this.

The downside is that the Keurig support person will first walk you through a standard script of procedures to try to resurrect the old one, whether it makes any sense in your case or not.

e.g. "Check your power cord. The thing on the end is called a plug. Is the plug inserted into a hole in the wall? Move the plug to a different hole in the wall and try that."

"So you say there are flames and sparks coming out of the machine? OK, first get a quart of white vinegar and we'll try to de-scale any hard water buildup..."
Semper Augustus

truenorth418

Post by truenorth418 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:53 am

Another day, another reason not to use Keurig.

Buy a cone and some paper filters - put the coffee in it and pour the hot water through it into the cup.

That's what I do. It's economical, it's better tasting than any other method, and it frees up valuable shelf space.

beebog

Post by beebog » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 am

katzmandu wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 am
Depends how much you like coffee.

The Keurig cups are incredibly expensive when you aggregate them out over cost per pound of coffee. There is a convenience factor, sure, but you'll have to ask yourself it makes sense to pay the extra for it.
I'm suprised I hadn't see this yet on the thread, but they make reusable Keurig filters that you can fill with whatever coffee you'd like.

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Single- ... B00LGEKOMS

Although, I prefer a pour over myself, specifically the small ones you can just throw in the dishwasher when they need it. I used to use regular coffee makers, but they are harder to keep clean.

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 am

I like my Keurig for guests and variety, teas, hot chocolate for kids and non-coffee drinkers. I would just buy another. It is worth the money.

I never had much luck with the reusable Keurig filter. If I didn't use a paper filter, then my cup was full of sediment. If I used the paper filter it was a pain to fill it and then it seemed like the pump had to work very hard to push the water through the grounds and filter and basket. A lot of resistance.

The finer the grind, the harder the pump has to work. The pump is usually what fails. You can buy a replacement on eBay very cheap of you are handy and like to tinker. I received a couple failed units for free. Bought a $6.99 pump and fixed them both.

I also have an electric kettle, a Melitta cone (#2 size) and filters. That makes a great cup of coffee. Any size cup you want.

And I have a 1991 Mr. Coffee SR. I find myself returning to the drip machine more. I can make just enough to fill my 20oz "stay warm forever" mug.

I have a bunch of 1/2 inch wrenches. Have a few different ways to make coffee.
Last edited by bloom2708 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are here not to please but to provoke thoughtfulness" Unknown Boglehead

linenfort

Post by linenfort » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 am

Probably stick with Keurig at least for the next machine.
Are you sure the machine is dead? I ask because my parents had one that merely needed to be cleaned. Clogged tube or something. It came back to life after cleaning. They did have one die on them, though.
nisiprius wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 am
French Press
So true. :-) You know how it goes. A lot of people use Consumer Issue questions to chime in with their personal tastes, often after only reading the headline. Not that this is so terrible, but it can be a lot to wade through.
Did anyone else play Acquire as a child?

ThriftyPhD

Post by ThriftyPhD » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:00 am

NotWhoYouThink wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:49 am
Why the original line instead of the new one? I'm asking because I have an original line Nespresso, but it's 5 years old and I'm wondering what to replace it with when that dreaded day arrives.
I've owned my original line for about a year, so the vertuoline was out and an option for me at the time. I spent some effort comparing the two.

A few of the differences here: https://www.thecoffeemaven.com/nespress ... -original/

What I don't like about the vertuoline is that the capsules have DRM scanning, much like Keurig 2.0. This means there are no third party options. While I prefer the Nespresso brand capsules to the third party, it's nice to have options and I feel like it keeps the pricepoint on the Nespresso capsule a bit more in check knowing that they have competition. Not so with the vertuoline. You'll note that while original capsules are ~$0.72, the vertuoline are mostly > $1.

The original line also uses a pump to extract at 19 bar, much like espresso. Vertuoline is using centrifugal extraction. Most of the reviews I've read have found the new method underwhelming. In addition, the new line seems to use a lower water temperature. One of the things I like about the Nespresso original I have is that it's actually hot.

dwickenh

Post by dwickenh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

OK, I am going to share how a real cheapskate drinks coffee. I buy these(niceeshop(TM) Disposable Drawstring Seal Filter Empty Paper Tea Bags (White,M Size,Set of 100) and put my own folgers coffee into the bag- one tablespoon. I then microwave the water and teabag for 2m 55sec in a coffee cup. I am able to reuse the bag up to 3 times each morning. Total cost per cup is about 8 cents if reused twice.

Call me cheap(my wife does all the time)

Dan
The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people.” | — Warren Buffett

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:40 am

Wife is on her 5th Keurig, all defective units cheerfully replaced at Bed Bath and Beyond.

The last one did cost $10 or $12, as it was the model that can brew a carafe of coffee as well as a single cup.

Meanwhile my $20 Mr. Coffee is still brewing away after a few years.

Keurig just doesn't work for me as I like a strong brew, but wife is happy with the Keurig units.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

zoneinfo

Post by zoneinfo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 am

jon7417 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 am
This sounds kind of sad, but I expect my Keurig to die every 1-2 years with our heavy use. As expected it died last month and I purchased a new one. This time with a 3 year warranty from Amazon (only $2.89). When it dies in the next 2 years, I will replace with my claim and repeat. If it makes 3 years without croaking, score, but I don't have high hopes.
If these machines are dying all the time on you then it sounds like you have hard tap water and maybe you're not descaling the machine periodically?

If you don't descale, you could at least add a water softener pouch to the water reservoir to extend the machine's life - https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/rocke ... oir-filter. That way there's less waste.

zoneinfo

Post by zoneinfo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am

katzmandu wrote:

I went in for the Technivorm Moccamaster (refurb to save on cost) and a Breville Grinder (among the tops).
+1

Ditch the environmentally harmful pod machine and start drinking really good coffee with either a Technivorm or Bonavita (or Mr. Coffee..).

market timer

Post by market timer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 am

We switched to Nespresso from brewed coffee sometime in the past year. I'm happy with the machine and now prefer drinking espressos before work, rather than coffee.

soupcxan

Post by soupcxan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 am

Keurig: tasteless coffee, bad for the environment, bad for your wallet. Amazed these guys are still in business.

katzmandu

Post by katzmandu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:32 am

zoneinfo wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am
katzmandu wrote:

I went in for the Technivorm Moccamaster (refurb to save on cost) and a Breville Grinder (among the tops).
+1

Ditch the environmentally harmful pod machine and start drinking really good coffee with either a Technivorm or Bonavita (or Mr. Coffee..).
I looked into the Bonavita and though it made great coffee, there appeared to be too many quality concerns (Amazon reviews). Better choices (my opinion) were the OXO Barista Brain and the Brazen coming in a close second behind the Moccamaster. A top notch grinder is essential to excellent tasting coffee as even the best machine can only work with what you give it which is why I didn't mess around and went for the Breville (an excellent company from down under). You have to solve for X and Y to get your coffee right :)

katzmandu

Post by katzmandu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:38 am

soupcxan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 am
Keurig: tasteless coffee, bad for the environment, bad for your wallet. Amazed these guys are still in business.
Both they and Nespresso are reaching for the same market. Convenience and 'OK' coffee, though I have to say the Nespresso does coffee a LOT better than a Keurig. Its sort of a Swiss Army Knife in terms of what comes out. It does everything fairly well. I have a feeling the Keurig also suffers from not being able to heat the water hot enough to produce good coffee, forgetting the fact that the coffee in there is 'meh' (unless you ground it yourself and put it in a My K-Cup)

technovelist

Post by technovelist » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am

Longtermgrowth wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 am
I would go with a cheap little coffee brewer like the 5 cup Mr Coffee. It takes no time to put a filter in, scoop desired amount of coffee grounds, and brew a few cups.
That's what we have, and we like it a lot.
In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, they often differ.

rec7

Post by rec7 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 am

mouses wrote:
True but think of all the plastic in your car.
Disclaimer: You might lose money doing anything I say. Although that was not my intent. | Favorite song: Sometimes He Whispers Jay Parrack

NotWhoYouThink

Post by NotWhoYouThink » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:56 am

Keurig and Nespresso are similar in operation, but the quality is much better from the Nespresso. I'd use instant before Keurig.

soupcxan

Post by soupcxan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:59 am

rec7 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 am
mouses wrote:
True but think of all the plastic in your car.
Do you typically drive your car once and then throw it away?