Eliminating Ads on Samsung Tablet

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
EvelynTroy

Eliminating Ads on Samsung Tablet

Post by EvelynTroy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 am

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7" 8GB - which I really like. All of a sudden I start getting full-screen ads when I first turn on the tablet and click on an app to open it. The ads seems to be targeted, i.e. they are for things in my area like concerts, auto dealers, etc.
It doesn't seem to matter what app I try to open on the initial start up I still get the ad.

Any idea how to stop these irritating ads would be appreciated. Could I have inadvertently changed a setting that causes these ads - I don't have a lot of apps - no Facebook, Twitter, social media. I do have a Kindle app, Amazon Prime Video app, Netflix, and various google apps.

Thanks in advance.
Evelyn

michaeljc70

Re: Eliminating Ads on Samsung Tablet

Post by michaeljc70 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 am

It is probably from an app you installed. I've owned several Samsung tablets and never had that from the tablet itself.

EvelynTroy

Post by EvelynTroy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Thanks - I'll go thru my apps, especially one's installed in last few months.
Evelyn

TravelforFun

Post by TravelforFun » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:13 pm

I use my Samsung tablet everyday and don’t have this problem.

TravelforFun

capsaicinguy

Post by capsaicinguy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:13 pm

I also have a Samsung tablet and don't have that issue. I would recommend you download "lookout" or another program to scan and see if there is malware or something like that going on too.