Coffee

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
ruralavalon

Coffee

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am

I love coffee, and like coffee shops for quiet reading and wasting time during retirement. :)

Some facts from today's Wall Street Journal.

There are now nearly 33,000 coffee shops in the U.S., up 16% from five years ago. Starbucks owns 42% of the outlets, and forecasts 2% growth this year.

Traffic growth for large chains is growing, while declining for small chains and independent operators. Large chains have begun to acquire smaller.

Apparently rapid proliferation of new shops may be finished. :(
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

WoodSpinner

Re: Coffee

Post by WoodSpinner » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 pm

OP,

Coffee is also one of my passions and I really appreciate a well pulled Americano!

Love small coffee shops and high quality roasters (we are lucky to have a Peet's close by).

That said--I have invested in a Grinder and Espresso machine and normally can pull better shots than just about any storefront out there. Its one of my morning rituals and indulgences.

I don't understand the proliferation of Starbucks and other large chains, yet somehow they are making a living.

I count myself fortunate that we are in a coffee Renaissance and the quality has vastly improved over the swill I drank as a younger man.

WoodSpinner (and amateur Barista)

katzmandu

Post by katzmandu » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:03 pm

I have a Technivorm, a Breville grinder and get good enough beans from my local Fairway. Who needs a coffee shop when you can output better tasting coffee at home for a fraction of the price?

unclescrooge

Post by unclescrooge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:10 pm

I enjoy plain coffee. In fact, chocolate-favored Keurig coffee is my favorite - please keep your judgements to yourselves, I'm a man of simple tastes. :mrgreen:

If I had more disposable income/time I would hang out at coffee shops all day.

But what's the question - are you sad that coffee shops are now a saturated market, or are you wondering how are they so many of them?

akblizzard

Post by akblizzard » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:29 pm

As a recently retired gentleman of leisure, I've come to appreciate the independently owned shops close to me. One even makes their own bagels. It's a good spot to meet with other retired friends of a morning.
OP reminds me of a two-day trip out of town last year, when I visited two coffee places near the hotel. At Starbucks the first morning, the staff were cold and almost disrespectful to me. The clientele were focused on their electronic devises. The place was quiet but kind of depressing. The next morning I found an independently owned place. Staff treated me like a regular, everyone that came in either nodded to me or greeted me. Lots of smiles and friendly greetings all around before electronic devices were brought out.
Should be noted the second place had a slightly older crowd and and felt a lot less trendy.
So reminded me to seek out places where one can have an experience as well as a quiet cup of coffee.

Toons

Post by Toons » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 pm

My newest coffee discovery
Good stuff :happy

"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

dm200

Post by dm200 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:26 pm

I drink a lot of coffee. As long as it is wet, and has caffeine, and is inexpensive - I am happy.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:29 pm

dm200 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:26 pm
I drink a lot of coffee. As long as it is wet, and has caffeine, and is inexpensive - I am happy.
Can you just get large quantity bottles of cheap No-Doze tablets, dissolve them in water, and you're good to go...?

You wanna rethink/rephrase your criteria?

:wink:

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

Kababayan

Post by Kababayan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:48 pm

I never "loved" coffee until I began roasting it myself. I always thought that coffee was supposed to be bitter until I learned that the coffee on the shelves could be years old. It is embarrassingly easy to roast your own and completely enhances the coffee drinking experience (I feel like I'm sounding like an infomercial.)

lthenderson

Post by lthenderson » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:53 pm

ruralavalon wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am
Traffic growth for large chains is growing, while declining for small chains and independent operators. Large chains have begun to acquire smaller.
I would guess this is largely an urban phenomenon. Out here in rural America where the nearest Starbucks is 100 miles down the road, I can think of a dozen small independent coffee shops in this small town alone that do quit well. Although I don't drink coffee, I frequent them for quiet reading and consumption of a artisanal sandwich or bowl of homemade soup for lunch.

dm200

Post by dm200 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:37 pm

ResearchMed wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:29 pm
dm200 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:26 pm
Can you just get large quantity bottles of cheap No-Doze tablets, dissolve them in water, and you're good to go...?

You wanna rethink/rephrase your criteria?

:wink:

RM
OK - add "and tastes like coffee.." :)

moghopper

Post by moghopper » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:44 pm

WoodSpinner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 pm
Love small coffee shops and high quality roasters (we are lucky to have a Peet's close by).
I don't understand the proliferation of Starbucks and other large chains, yet somehow they are making a living.

I like Peet's too, but I would definitely consider it one of the large chains!!!

5000 employees, multiple subsidiaries, owned by JAB - who also owns Caribou, Douwe Egberts, Einstein Brothers, Keurig, Krispy Kreme, Panera, Bruegger's....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAB_Holding_Company

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Yes, Peet's would not be small, but they are good.

Major Dickason's Blend is a favorite.
"We are here not to please but to provoke thoughtfulness" Unknown Boglehead

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 pm

moghopper wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:44 pm
WoodSpinner wrote:

I like Peet's too, but I would definitely consider it one of the large chains!!!

5000 employees, multiple subsidiaries, owned by JAB - who also owns Caribou, Douwe Egberts, Einstein Brothers, Keurig, Krispy Kreme, Panera, Bruegger's....

Right.

DH prefers Starbucks to Peets.

But he has plenty of choices to compare, as there are plenty of Peets around now, albeit not as many as Starbucks.
Both of them seem to be "everywhere", including in relatively close proximity to each other. I guess there are plenty of aficionados of each.

IF Peets was ever "pre-chain" (and I assume it was!), that was long before they were everywhere...

RM

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Kababayan wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:48 pm
I never "loved" coffee until I began roasting it myself. I always thought that coffee was supposed to be bitter until I learned that the coffee on the shelves could be years old. It is embarrassingly easy to roast your own and completely enhances the coffee drinking experience (I feel like I'm sounding like an infomercial.)
I have a co-worker who roasts too. In an old weber grill. His coffe is very good, but I usually want it a bit stronger than he makes it.

My favorite coffee is from Guatemala and is light roast, but I use more of it per cup than many peole, (Aero press user).

JBTX

Post by JBTX » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:26 pm

I don’t drink coffee. But I should as my poison is Diet Coke. I’d be better off drinking coffee as my stimulant.

Problem is unless you are drinking it black you are loading it up with sugars and cremes that make it unhealthy.

On occasion I’d try a black coffee from McDonald’s. However I’m not used to drinking it so darn hot and it takes almost a half hour before it doesn’t scald my mouth. But 5 minutes later it is too lukewarm.

hightower

Post by hightower » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Kona coffee is the bomb. The real stuff from the big island

dm200

Post by dm200 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm

JBTX wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:26 pm
I don’t drink coffee. But I should as my poison is Diet Coke. I’d be better off drinking coffee as my stimulant.
Problem is unless you are drinking it black you are loading it up with sugars and cremes that make it unhealthy.
On occasion I’d try a black coffee from McDonald’s. However I’m not used to drinking it so darn hot and it takes almost a half hour before it doesn’t scald my mouth. But 5 minutes later it is too lukewarm.
I drink (and prefer) black coffee.

JBTX

Post by JBTX » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:36 pm

dm200 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm
JBTX wrote:
I drink (and prefer) black coffee.
Probably healthiest that way. Problem is for a non coffee drinker that is a hard switch.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:39 pm

In my small downstate Illinois city there are 4 Starbucks coffee shops (not counting outlets in grocery stores or book stores), 3 Dunkin' Donuts, and 5 independent coffee shops. Some of the independents are very pleasant, but more expensive, and offer only individual pour-overs.

I prefer only regular black coffee, nothing fancy, not even sugar or cream, and only a little in the way of an occasional snack.

It's inexpensive, usually only $2.16 per visit at Starbucks for coffee with free refills. I read a newspaper brought from home, read a book on my e-reader, or fool around on a tablet, and talk to acquaintances met there.

In general this is a peaceful, pleasant way for this retiree to waste the morning.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started

GottaRun

Post by GottaRun » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pm

ruralavalon wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:39 pm

I prefer only regular black coffee, nothing fancy, not even sugar or cream, and only a little in the way of an occasional snack.
+1...thought I was the only one!

they give me a strange look when i order "Straight" black coffee!

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:38 pm

GottaRun wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pm
ruralavalon wrote:

No strange looks at my most usual spot, they sometimes start to pour mine when they see me pulling into the parking lot.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:51 pm

hightower wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm
Kona coffee is the bomb. The real stuff from the big island
+ 1.

Our favourite Kona coffee is Greenwell Farms, not the very best but not as expensive as others. We haven't been there since 2009, but sometimes do mail order.

WoodSpinner

Post by WoodSpinner » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:05 pm

moghopper wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:44 pm
WoodSpinner wrote:

Perhaps I should clarify, I think they are a quality roaster, not a small coffee shop.

Switched from Maj Dickson to their Holiday blend while it’s available. Smoother and richer flavor but I find it brews similar to the Major. Might have to find some coffee geeks to hang witha once retirement starts in December!

:beer (can we get a coffee cup emoticon?)

Kenkat

Post by Kenkat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

GottaRun wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pm
ruralavalon wrote:

All these lattes and frappes and caramel macchiatos are dessert drinks, not coffee.

Ok, people, calm down. Coffee flavored dessert drinks. how’s that?

It’s coffee black for me. I like the good stuff but will drink it out of a machine or from a gas station if necessary.

Post by 123 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Taster's Choice House Blend suits me fine. When I was some years younger I used to enjoy coffee from the machines at 10 cents a cup.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:28 pm

WoodSpinner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:05 pm

<snip>

And a wine glass or two!

RM

htdrag11

Post by htdrag11 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:46 pm

☕

How about this one?

digarei

Post by digarei » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 pm

ResearchMed wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:28 pm
WoodSpinner wrote:

<snip>

And a wine glass or two!

RM

Here you are... take your pick:

♨️ 🍸 🍷 🍷 ☕️
Connect with Bogleheads in Northern California! Click the link under my user info/avatar.

Isabelle77

Post by Isabelle77 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm

When I was in college I spent a summer interning at one of the largest institutional coffee companies in the country, you've had their coffee in the best hotels and restaurants in the country and also in your neighborhood fast food chain. A few things I learned while I was there that might be of interest to coffee lovers, keeping in mind that its been about 15yrs.

It doesn't matter how you store your coffee beans...they have often been stored in large piles on a warehouse floor in the dead of a southern summer without air-conditioning. So don't worry about refrigerating or anything!

Don't get flavored coffee beans. You wouldn't believe how gross the process is to make them, the workers have to wear protective masks.

Often the quality of the coffee you're drinking is about the bean to water ratio vs the quality of the actual bean. A large fast food chain uses the exact same (high quality) coffee bean as a high end hotel chain, they just use fewer beans.

Fast food and gas station coffee tastes the way it does primarily because it is how their customers like it, not because it's a lesser quality.

Finally, everyone in the coffee industry calls Starbucks, Charbucks, because they burn their beans.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:58 pm

digarei wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 pm
ResearchMed wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:28 pm
WoodSpinner wrote:

<snip>

And a wine glass or two!

RM

♨️ 🍸 🍷 🍷 ☕️

à votre santé!

🍷 🍷

et merci beaucoup! :wink:

RM

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Addicted latte' and breve' drinker here--no sugar/sweetener though. A taste I thought I had refined over the past several years.

DS got a job as a barista while in college last year. I feel so ignorant about coffee now--and still steadily losing ground (heh heh)

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Isabelle77 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm
When I was in college I spent a summer interning at one of the largest institutional coffee companies in the country, you've had their coffee in the best hotels and restaurants in the country and also in your neighborhood fast food chain. A few things I learned while I was there that might be of interest to coffee lovers, keeping in mind that its been about 15yrs.
. . . . .
Finally, everyone in the coffee industry calls Starbucks, Charbucks, because they burn their beans.
I believe that. It is their largest shortcoming in my view.

tj218

Post by tj218 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Just a note/question for others, but I have converted to cold brew coffee. I really don't notice a difference between brand or type of beans from generic grocery store brand to a more premium brand. The only thing that seems to matter is the type of roast (light, medium, or dark). Am I coffee dumb or do other cold brew drinkers notice the same?

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:46 pm

While nothing compares to the dregs of the pot coming onto the mid-watch, there is something to be said for a nicely roasted small batch of coffee from a local coffee shop. Our UF daughter brought home a bag of medium roast beans from Opus Coffee in Gainesville as a present. Even my not so sophisticated palate was impressed. Their Misty Mountain Blend matched the "cupping notes" on the bag - "orange peel, walnut, bakers chocolate." Can't find those clear notes in a bag of Starbucks, Peets (which I like), etc. Of course our "number" would have to rise significantly if that became my daily grind.
The destination matters.

Carl53

Post by Carl53 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:40 am

lthenderson wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:53 pm
ruralavalon wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am
I would guess this is largely an urban phenomenon. Out here in rural America where the nearest Starbucks is 100 miles down the road, I can think of a dozen small independent coffee shops in this small town alone that do quit well. Although I don't drink coffee, I frequent them for quiet reading and consumption of a artisanal sandwich or bowl of homemade soup for lunch.
Don't want to burst your bubble but the soups may not be homemade. My spouse thought it would be fun to work a couple of mornings a week at the local coffee shop. Just one local and a tim hortons in town. The soups are purchased, I believe from a GFS. Everyone raves about the coffee and they do make their own tuna and egg salads (spouse usually makes). I think chicken salad is purchased through a local deli, but not sure. Much of the baked products are local.

lazydavid

Post by lazydavid » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:20 am

JBTX wrote:
Doesn't have to be that way. When I went Paleo 5 or 6 years ago, I swapped heavy cream and Stevia for a touch of Coconut Milk. All of Coconut Milk's fat can be directly burned for energy without being converted back to glucose, and much of it is Medium Chain Triglicerides, which is quite healthy for a variety of reasons.

topper1296

Post by topper1296 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 am

I need two cups a day with half and half and raw sugar, however I'm not a fan of "fancy" coffees. I drink Starbucks at home, at work and there is a store near my work as well I go to.

The one change I have made over the years is I actually measure out the amount of raw sugar I use instead of just pouring some in. Measuring out the portion has significantly reduced the amount I use compared to the past.

Disclosure: have been long SBUX for several years.
Last edited by topper1296 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shallowpockets

Post by Shallowpockets » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:31 am

Coffee is like wine. We all have our own preferences. Personally I like the "burnt" in the Starbucks. I never called it that, but it seems to be the way many describe it.
It is just glorious that we can get such good coffee so many places. Any place but the local diner with the endless cup. Although that may have its moment also.
I remember when the thought of paying for only a single cup of coffee was appalling. Now I will seek that out and pay that price over the diner coffee.
One of my great pleasures in life is finding that Starbucks in some foreign location. Maybe the airport before the flight home. Ahh!

Having visited many coffee farms in travels, including small source farms, and having had them roast the coffee right in front of me, I have not noted that much difference. Usually I drink a dark roast, like my preference for bold wines. I did learn that the light roasts actually have more caffeine than the darker roast. However, I do not drink coffee for the caffeine. I drink it for the niceness of the experience. In the early AM. In the quiet of a homey coffee shop. In the airport, going and coming home.
I think that to a lot of us drinking coffee has more to do with that sort of feeling than it does with the actual "drinking" part.
Coffe, wine, craft beers. It is all a part of the moments we live. Each gives us a slack moment whereby we savor the purity of that singular slice of time. The clock stops and we smile. Life is good.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 am

Before retirement I swilled coffee at work all morning and afternoon, no special brand just generic office brew.

Now it's much better quality for me, but a lot less quantity usually just 2-3 cups at home or 2 small at the coffee shop in the mornings. Brands at home include Starbucks, Chock Full 'O Nuts, and mail order Greenwell Farms (Kona).

Strayshot

Post by Strayshot » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:42 am

For those interested in learning more about coffee I recommend the “Caffeinated” documentary on Netflix. Watch it on your iPad while enjoying your favorite brew.

On that note since wine came into the equation, I recommend “Somm” and its follow up documentary also on Netflix.

WoodSpinner

Post by WoodSpinner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 am

Strayshot wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:42 am
For those interested in learning more about coffee I recommend the “Caffeinated” documentary on Netflix. Watch it on your iPad while enjoying your favorite brew.

On that note since wine came into the equation, I recommend “Somm” and its follow up documentary also on Netflix.
Thanks-will do just that.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 am

Shallowpockets wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:31 am
Coffee is like wine. We all have our own preferences. Personally I like the "burnt" in the Starbucks. I never called it that, but it seems to be the way many describe it.
It is just glorious that we can get such good coffee so many places. . . .

Having visited many coffee farms in travels, including small source farms, and having had them roast the coffee right in front of me, I have not noted that much difference. Usually I drink a dark roast, like my preference for bold wines. I did learn that the light roasts actually have more caffeine than the darker roast. However, I do not drink coffee for the caffeine. I drink it for the niceness of the experience. In the early AM. In the quiet of a homey coffee shop. In the airport, going and coming home.
I think that to a lot of us drinking coffee has more to do with that sort of feeling than it does with the actual "drinking" part.
Coffe, wine, craft beers. It is all a part of the moments we live. Each gives us a slack moment whereby we savor the purity of that singular slice of time. The clock stops and we smile. Life is good.
I have enjoyed visiting coffee farms, at least 3 in Hawaii that I recall, 1 on Molokai and 2 in Kona. We heard interesting stories of local history, not just information about coffee production.

Dark roast does have less caffeine, but more ash from the roasting process.

My taste preference is dark roast, but my gut just cannot tolerate Starbucks dark roast, apparently too much ash from over roasting.

I like your prescription for the good life -- "a slack moment" "the clock stops and we smile. Life is good".

Yooper16

Post by Yooper16 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:12 am

Even here in the wilderness of the UP(actually in Soo Mi) so not really the wilderness, we have a really nice quality roaster Superior Coffee Roasting Company. They have a little coffee house downtown in an "outdoor outfitters" called Birdseye Outfitters. The coffee is far better than the Starbucks, Dunkin, Bigbys and anything I have found in the groceries even when living in a major metro area. Its also only $9 for a 12oz bag bean or ground.

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 am

Yooper16 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:12 am
Even here in the wilderness of the UP(actually in Soo Mi) so not really the wilderness, we have a really nice quality roaster Superior Coffee Roasting Company. They have a little coffee house downtown in an "outdoor outfitters" called Birdseye Outfitters. The coffee is far better than the Starbucks, Dunkin, Bigbys and anything I have found in the groceries even when living in a major metro area. Its also only $9 for a 12oz bag bean or ground.
You are right.

I have been to nice independent coffee shops in the Upper Penninsula (e.g. Houghton, Calumet, Munising), good coffee shops are not a big city phenomenon.

JoMoney

Post by JoMoney » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 pm

Starbucks usually has clean restrooms, so it's nice to see one when on a road trip... otherwise they're on the bottom of my list for a coffee shop. I don't think the coffee is bad, but the experience is lacking. For some reason 'bucks doesn't have the coffee shop smell, and the service people all seem to be busy running around with headsets taking drive-thru orders for milkshakes... overpriced fast-food place.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham

Hyperborea

Post by Hyperborea » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:57 pm

digarei wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 pm

♨️ 🍸 🍷 🍷 ☕️
Actually, the first one, ♨️, is the map symbol for an onsen - a Japanese hot spring. The emoji characters originally came out of the symbols available on Japanese cell phones from the early 2000's.

As to coffee, anybody who really likes coffee doesn't drink Starbucks. Their coffee is burnt and to hide that just about everybody that drinks it has it with more cream, flavouring, and sugar than coffee.
"Plans are worthless, but planning is everything." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rotsevni

Post by Rotsevni » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:05 pm

the coffee i like;

In the morning a black coffee with light roasted coffeebeans grinded with my Lido 2 handgrinder and brewed with the hario v60 or kalita wave.

In afternoon a latte or americano with a dark roasted coffeebean grinded by my mazzer super jolly and made with an expobar leva dual boiler :D

bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Rotsevni wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:05 pm
the coffee i like;

In the morning a black coffee with light roasted coffeebeans grinded with my Lido 2 handgrinder and brewed with the hario v60 or kalita wave.

In afternoon a latte or americano with a dark roasted coffeebean grinded by my mazzer super jolly and made with an expobar leva dual boiler :D
You had me at "Lido 2 handgrinder". :wink:
"We are here not to please but to provoke thoughtfulness" Unknown Boglehead

Texanbybirth

Post by Texanbybirth » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 pm

WoodSpinner wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 am
Strayshot wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:42 am

Thanks-will do just that.
+2. I knew there was a reason I was continuing to read this thread.

Thanks for the rec!