Which Streaming Service/Live TV?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
hoops777

Re: Which Streaming Service/Live TV?

Post by hoops777 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 pm

hoops777 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 pm
blevine wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Not sure what you mean.
Netflix allows you to buy a 1, 2 or 4 screen subscription.
Are you saying you must personally watch on 4 screens at once, nobody else can view one of the 4 screens ?
Seems unlikely that was the intent.
I mean you are not allowed to use your friends or relatives accounts to watch from your house.How would you like it if you owned Netflix and every person who was a PAID subscriber let 10 friends and relatives use their logins and use the service for free?IThe screens you are referring to are your screens in your house,not your cousins or buddy from work.Nice try but wishful thinking.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.

FrugalInvestor

Post by FrugalInvestor » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:16 pm

hoops777 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:01 pm
hoops777 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 pm
blevine wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Not sure what you mean.
Netflix allows you to buy a 1, 2 or 4 screen subscription.
Are you saying you must personally watch on 4 screens at once, nobody else can view one of the 4 screens ?
Seems unlikely that was the intent.
I mean you are not allowed to use your friends or relatives accounts to watch from your house.How would you like it if you owned Netflix and every person who was a PAID subscriber let 10 friends and relatives use their logins and use the service for free?IThe screens you are referring to are your screens in your house,not your cousins or buddy from work.Nice try but wishful thinking.

I don't know about Netflix but most streaming services these days limit the number of concurrent streams (screens being watched). In those cases you could share your login credentials with as many people as you like and only the number of streams (screens) allowed can be watched at the same time.
IGNORE the noise! | Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. - Henry David Thoreau

hoops777

Post by hoops777 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 pm

I stand corrected.Netflix says they have no plans to go after the cheaters at this time as long as passwords are not being sold.The streaming companies are looking at it more with the idea that the people who who do not pay will hopefully breakdown and get an account of their own.
With that being said,rates are going up and I wonder if they would be if everyone was paying their fair share?Why should someone pay a monthly fee while others watch for free?I wonder if the people using others accounts would be ok if their neighbors did not have to pay the community HOA fee and they did.I don’t think so.In reality the paid subscribers see their rates go up as they pay for the people who “borrow” passwords.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Discussions of dishonest behavior or bypassing the law is totally unacceptable. This thread has run its course and is locked.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.