LastPass Issue

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
gkaplan

LastPass Issue

Post by gkaplan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:26 am

For some reason, LastPass keeps kicking me off. That is, I will be browsing websites, and all of a sudden I notice that LastPass has signed me out. This started several days ago. It’s very frustrating and annoying. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.
Gordon

samsoes

Re: LastPass Issue

Post by samsoes » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:49 am

It's been working flawlessly for me. Have you tried contacting LastPass support?
"Happiness Is Not My Companion" - Gen. Gouverneur K. Warren. (Avatar is the statue of Gen. Warren at Little Round Top @ Gettysburg National Military Park.)

stan1

Post by stan1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 am

Have you changed any security settings in Lastpass? Lastpass has an option to let you select how frequently you need to re-enter the master password. You can configure it for individual sites as well (such as always asking for master password before filling in the site password at a financial institution). The idea is improved security in case your computer is stolen or left unattended.

Blues

Post by Blues » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 am

I've noticed that happening every now and again with chromebook. I don't know if it's a factor of minor chrome updates or not but it only happens every once in a while and normally once I log back in it doesn't need to be done again.
“Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

robebibb

Post by robebibb » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:11 am

Does anyone else in your family also use your account? You are only able to login on one device at a time so if someone else logs into your account it will automatically boot the other individual out. Happens occasionally to me and my SO. I don't remember if this is a setting you can change but I like the feature so haven't searched out an answer.

BogleMelon

Post by BogleMelon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 am

Yes there is something in the settings that tells LastPass how often to log out if ever. But don't confuse the extension settings (click on the icon then preference) with the account settings ("Open my vault" then Account settings)
Excuse my English, it is my second language! | | "One of the funny things about stock market, every time one is buying another is selling, and both think they are astute" - William Feather

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:42 am

Blues wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 am
I've noticed that happening every now and again with chromebook. I don't know if it's a factor of minor chrome updates or not but it only happens every once in a while and normally once I log back in it doesn't need to be done again.
A similar thing happens to me every time Google issues updates for Chrome. After the updates are applied, I find that places I've told to "remember this computer" seem to forget it, obviously Chrome updates are stepping on stored cookies at least to an extent. This might explain the OP's issue.
Anybody know why there's a 20-pound frozen turkey up in the light grid?

Ice-9

Post by Ice-9 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:47 am

gkaplan wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:26 am
For some reason, LastPass keeps kicking me off. That is, I will be browsing websites, and all of a sudden I notice that LastPass has signed me out. This started several days ago. It’s very frustrating and annoying. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.
I use LastPass daily, and I have noticed the same thing over the last week. Fortunately for me, it's only happened three or four times the entire week, and never twice in the same day.

When it did happen, it definitely wasn't that it timed out due to inactivity - in one instance in particular, it occured on the 2nd or 3rd website I logged into after having logged into LastPass just a couple of minutes before.

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 am

A follow-up to this, as I was sitting here reading a book using Kindle Cloud Reader under Chrome, all of a sudden I was inexplicably thrown out of the Kindle Reader app and over to the login screen. Once I logged back in, I was returned exactly to where I had left off in the book I had been reading. This was completely spontaneous, it was not a result of going from one page to the next, just happened out of the blue. I get the feeling that there might be some real instabilities in later versions of Chrome.
Anybody know why there's a 20-pound frozen turkey up in the light grid?

gkaplan

Post by gkaplan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:00 pm

robebibb wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:11 am
Does anyone else in your family also use your account? You are only able to login on one device at a time so if someone else logs into your account it will automatically boot the other individual out. Happens occasionally to me and my SO. I don't remember if this is a setting you can change but I like the feature so haven't searched out an answer.

Generally, I'm the only one using my account.
Gordon

viking112347

Post by viking112347 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Last week I was having major issues with Lastpass on my Chromebook. I submitted a trouble ticket and the next day they emailed me and said there was an issue with the Chrome extension. I removed the Lastpass extension and then downloaded the most recent and has been stable since.