AT&T plan which offers global Unlimited data LTE (domestic and international) - thoughts?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
pension4ever

AT&T plan which offers global Unlimited data LTE (domestic and international) - thoughts?

Post by pension4ever » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:43 am

Hello I am wondering, if any BH'ers here have this extremely hard to find phone plan.This plan offers full speed 4G LTE Unlimited Domestic & also International DATA where ever AT&T has roaming agreements (except cruise ships!),

Back in the days when it was offered, it started out with 3G and it was more of add on incentive to lure customers to agree to a 2 yr agreement.The data plan portion alone costs $ 64 (or 64.99 to be precise).its not cheap approx monthly bill is $100 for voice + data.

Is this really worth like 2K$?

Any one having this , would love to hear your experience.

I am sort of about to hit the BUY on this, but hesitant due to the purchase price $$.

Thanks!

bluebolt

Re: AT&T plan which offers global Unlimited data LTE (domestic and international) - thoughts?

Post by bluebolt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 pm

I just get local SIM cards when I travel. With the new roam-like-at-home rules in Europe, it's cheaper and easier than ever to get voice & data roaming across Europe for very cheap.

bigred77

Re: AT&T plan which offers global Unlimited data LTE (domestic and international) - thoughts?

Post by bigred77 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Seems like every year AT&T changes their international roaming plans. I'm not aware of the plan you mentioned but it probably doesn't make sense unless your traveling 50%+ of the time and have the need to keep your same US phone number.

The plan I used from them this summer was basically pay 10 dollars per 24 hour period whenever you use data and they just attribute your data/text/voice usuage to your monthly US based plan.

We took 2 phones abroad for 18 days this summer and by staggering usage and utilizing wifi it cost us about 150 all in. I know it can be done cheaper but I like being accessible by my regular phone number, using maps and internet without relying on wifi, and having consistent access to my email. The cost seemed reasonable to me.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 pm

If you have more money than you know what to do with, sure buy it. Be aware ATT can cancel the plan anytime.

If you really want convenient international roaming at a relatively low cost and decent speeds I'd look into Google ProjectFi. You pay $20/mo for voice and text and $0.01/mb anywhere in the world.