Treadmill Desk

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
LuigiLikesPizza

Treadmill Desk

Post by LuigiLikesPizza »

I've had a laminated board cut to fit the dimensions of my treadmill, including rectangular holes on each side in order to attach it to the arms of my treadmill.

I will use this at a slow speed while staring at a laptop screen during incredibly long and boring work related meetings.

All I need now are some velcro type straps to secure the board to the treadmill arms.

Any suggestions for where I might find these kinds of straps? thanks

Re: Treadmill Desk

Post by 123 »

It seems a little awkward to strap something to the treadmill. Why not put some long legs on the desktop piece and slide it over your treadmill. You might have to use something like 2 x 4's.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
rob

Post by rob »

The old hospital tables sound like an idea solution.... swing around when not needed.

For straps.. maybe those cable velcro things - front sticks to back? I also have some VERY big twist ties - like 2 foot long with real wire inside.... They could also work (you can screw one to the other if you need more distance).

Edit: Since my post was so obscure :D
These are large twist ties

These are velcro cable straps
| Rob | Its a dangerous business going out your front door. - J.R.R.Tolkien
techrover

Post by techrover »

I use one made by self. Here are some tips:
1. If you attach the board to treadmill, it might vibrate with treadmill(depends on speed)
2. I have a leg attached on right side(simple 2x1), on left side I have rested it against wall. This keeps it steady.
3. Keep screen/computer at eye level, keyboard at level that is 90 deg to your upper arm for most ergonomic setup.

I find that when I have to think deeply, I want to sit and do work. However for meetings, I can easily walk and do the work.
HoosierJim

Post by HoosierJim »

Use a swimming pool noodle and tiewraps - drill two holes per tiewrap and connect the tiewrap under the board. - You can snug it down to get no movement and it can adapt to irregular shapes on the treadmill handles.
Topic Author
LuigiLikesPizza

I'm intrigued by your suggestion Jim - but having trouble visualizing one aspect - drilling holes through pool noodles, which are at least a few inches thicK?
HoosierJim

Post by HoosierJim »

Drill two holes in part of the board you want to snug down. Actually , foam pipe insulation is placed over the handles, noodle material to bridge and gaps and used for leveling

Once the board is leveled, long tie-wraps are used to cinch down the board so it never moves. The tie wraps pass through the drilled holes and under and around the handles or other parts of the treadmill to anchor it down. Repeat on the other handle.

Can't find an appropriate image but here's how it's done with brackets https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vx0b75E5j50/maxresdefault.jpg
JMacDonald

Post by JMacDonald »

Best Wishes, | Joe
Topic Author
LuigiLikesPizza

I found an interesting configuration - looks great for someone like me who has to move in a few months:

https://healthylivinghowto.com/sitting-is-killing-you/

She claims the 15 pound weights on each end keep everything 100% stable