Scanner compatibility with Mac Sierra OS

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
fast

Scanner compatibility with Mac Sierra OS

Post by fast »

I have updated my MacBook Pro operating system to Sierra 10.12.5. In doing so, my Epson Perfection V370 scanner doesn't work. I have read that this OS update has resulted in many scanners and printers being instantly obsoleted. It seems that Apple has no interest in fixing this, nor do the scanner manufacturers. On their website, Epson states the above scanner IS compatible with Sierra and offers the latest driver, which I've downloaded. In my case at least, this is not true.

I've two questions. First, is there a simple way to get my existing scanner up and running with Sierra? If not, what low cost ($100-200) scanner could you recommend that is POSITIVELY compatiable with Sierra that I could buy. I note that manufacturers of other scanners (including my current one!) state that their products are compatible. I take those statements with a grain of salt as mine is certainly not. And I don't want to chance buying another scanner, that is said to be compatible, when it turns out that it isn't. Is there anyone who has had this experience and can offer a solution? Thanks much!
PFInterest

Re: Scanner compatibility with Mac Sierra OS

Post by PFInterest »

would uninstall everything and reinstall everything.
it seems like you found this site already
"http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Produc ... U003D&tc=6"

good luck!
rob

Re: Scanner compatibility with Mac Sierra OS

Post by rob »

If that does not work... Try Vuescan - It can get to most scanners (I THINK they had a free trial to see that everything works before you buy).
| Rob | Its a dangerous business going out your front door. - J.R.R.Tolkien