cell phone signal booster

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
squirm

cell phone signal booster

Post by squirm »

Is there a device that will easily boost the signal? In some areas in our house i don't get a signal. I don't want to go through Wi-Fi.
neilpilot

Re: cell phone signal booster

Post by neilpilot »

Some carriers, AT&T & others, sell mini-cells that connect to your wifi. They do not "boost" your signal, but instead they become your in-home cell tower. AT&T calls their device a Microcell. It will only work with AT&T devices that are pre-registered to your specific Microcell, and will obviously only work if they have good internet service via your wifi. Your phone connects to them via cell signal, and not wifi. When I had one, my phones went from 0-2 bars to a solid 5 bars anywhere in my home.
JaneyLH

Post by JaneyLH »

Check out WeBoost (formerly Wilson) cell phone boosters. We use one for travel and it does a good job. Realize that you have to have some signal to boost. Using an antenna with the booster helps even more.
Luke Duke

Post by Luke Duke »

JaneyLH wrote:Check out WeBoost (formerly Wilson) cell phone boosters. We use one for travel and it does a good job. Realize that you have to have some signal to boost. Using an antenna with the booster helps even more.
I have one of these in my truck and it works great. A friend of mine installed one at his lake house and it also worked great. You have to have an antenna on the roof for maximum effect.