Dimensions for a Toyota Camry Hybrid battery

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
bradhanks

Dimensions for a Toyota Camry Hybrid battery

Post by bradhanks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 pm

I've been looking online for a spec sheet on the dimensions of my battery but short of taking it out and measuring it, I haven't found any way to get that information. Anyone know a resource I could take a look at? It's a 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid. There was only one model type that year, I believe.
Wants to be the first to convert a Toyota Camry Hybrid to fully electric.

Boats day

Re: Dimensions for a Toyota Camry Hybrid battery

Post by Boats day » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:08 am

Call the parts department at a Toyota dealership. They should be able to give you the specs.

Watty

Post by Watty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 am

If you Google "Toyota camry forum" you will likely find a number of car forums that might be able to better answer that question.

TBillT

Post by TBillT » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:06 am

If you cannot find that info, you can ask the question on PriusChat.com and you may get some help there.
There is a Camry Hybrid sub topic.

Not to be intrusive, but why are you interested? I am curious if you are interested in the battery itself, which (don't quote me on this) but it consists of 32 Prius NiMH cells (Prius has 28 cells) so the battery itself will be 32/28 x Prius batt size. enclosure will be custom fit to Camry.