Where did you make your wedding album?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Caduceus

Where did you make your wedding album?

Post by Caduceus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:29 am

I am looking to print a family heritage album (of the sort of quality typically reserved for high-end wedding albums). I would like the album to use archival, acid-free paper, high-quality archival inks, and durable stitching.

Internet reviews of places like Milk+Moleskin or ArtifactUprising seem ambiguous. Does anyone have any recommendations?

BW1985

Re: Where did you make your wedding album?

Post by BW1985 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 am

We used Shutterfly and were happy with what we got. Didn't want to spend a lot on a book that sits in the closet.
"Squirrels figured out how to save eons ago. They buried acorns. Some, they dug up, for food. Others, they let to sprout, in new oak trees. We could learn from squirrels." -john94549

chisey

Post by chisey » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 am

We printed the photos we wanted at AdoramaPix and bought an engraved album at Things Remembered to put them in. We had a DIY wedding and a low-cost photographer, so we wanted to do this ourselves. It cost about 70 bucks to make.

Ours does not sit in a closet-- it's on the mantle. Then again, we're newlyweds.

runner540

Post by runner540 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:50 am

Mpix. Photos are very well printed and the books lool classy.

Conch55

Post by Conch55 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Our daughter put together her wedding album, and our copy, using Shutterfly. Not sure about meeting your list of requirements but the photos looked fine and the album serves its purpose. Closing in on their three year anniversary we rarely pull it out.

e5116

Post by e5116 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:35 pm

I ordered an album from AdoramaPix and custom designed the layout. Probably not quite as nice as the Italian leather bound ones that a lot of professional photographers sell, but considerably cheaper. They have lie flat pages that the photos are printed on until the edges. Much nicer than an album that just has places to put a printed picture. Also much nicer than Shutterfly, so I found it a good middle ground. It's a substantial album that feels and looks expensive/heavy. I was happy with the product. I'm not aware of a site that offers something equivalent to the very upscale ones but in a DIY-fashion, but it may exist....

unclescrooge

Post by unclescrooge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:42 pm

The main goal of a wedding album is to incite jealously in the wife's friends/relatives who couldn't make it/weren't invited, and remind the ones that did come how amazing it was. :mrgreen:

Spend accordingly.

sawhorse

Post by sawhorse » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:16 pm

I used Lifephoto.

Here are some review sites.

https://thedailydigi.com/12-different-p ... er-reviews

http://www.photobookgirl.com

http://www.techradar.com/news/photograp ... ed-1043329

A lot of photobook sites offer Groupons and other discounts.

Will do good

Post by Will do good » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Caduceus wrote:I am looking to print a family heritage album (of the sort of quality typically reserved for high-end wedding albums). I would like the album to use archival, acid-free paper, high-quality archival inks, and durable stitching.

Internet reviews of places like Milk+Moleskin or ArtifactUprising seem ambiguous. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I believe the OP wanted high end book that prints on acid-free paper & archival inks like museum books that can lasts hundreds of years. Places like AdoramaPix, Shutter fly are all standard ink and paper which will yellow or fade in 50/100 years. I didn't find any places that can do that, so I hand printed my family photo books on acid-free archival paper used archival inks and hand bond them myself, these should last few hundreds years and more if my future generations care for them. It's a labor of love.

If you have the interest or skill to print your own book, get some of your supplies here: https://www.itsupplies.com/InkJet-Art