Expensive Car Repair, New Engine

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
coincollector

Re: Expensive Car Repair, New Engine

Post by coincollector »

pennywise wrote:OP, though you posted about the engine, you don't seem to be aware of the issues with transmission failure due to a flawed design in the 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta and Focus. These problems are very well documented (just google Ford Focus transmission problems). Here's a link to a recent class action lawsuit settlement in Cali:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2017/ ... ment.shtml

My daughter owns a 2012 Focus and we are in the process of replacing that piece of junk with a Toyota Corolla. I have been incredibly disappointed in Ford's response as a corporate entity--no consideration whatsoever other than an extended warranty to continue 'fixing' what is not fixable, ie a transmission whose design causes lurching, shuddering, stalling etc. It's a safety, not a convenience issue.

Sorry to personalize your question but your comment about lurching rang a bell! After 30+ years of being a loyal customer, I will never buy a Ford again simply because of how my daughter has been treated with this situation, and I'd advise you to educate yourself about the issues with your car before you are facing serious safety or financial problems due to them.
Luckily I have a 2nd Gen Ford Focus, model years from 2008-2011, so the issues with 3rd Gen Ford Focus shouldn't be a problem for me.
alfaspider

Re: Expensive Car Repair, New Engine

Post by alfaspider »

pennywise wrote:OP, though you posted about the engine, you don't seem to be aware of the issues with transmission failure due to a flawed design in the 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta and Focus. These problems are very well documented (just google Ford Focus transmission problems). Here's a link to a recent class action lawsuit settlement in Cali:
This is why you get the car with three pedals :happy