NC Resident buying Truck in VA

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
head gamez

NC Resident buying Truck in VA

Post by head gamez »

I am in the process of buying a used truck from an individual in VA (for cash). The NC website does not provide much clarity (to me) on the process that I should follow to ensure a smooth tag / title transfer process. Does anyone have any info or advice?

Thanks
tomd37

Re: NC Resident buying Truck in VA

Post by tomd37 »

I recommend you check with the NC Dept of Motor Vehicles and any other NC agency that might be involved in titling or licensing of the vehicle in NC. It has been some time (7 years now) since I sold my vehicle to my daughter living in NC. I live in TN. There are several forms that are required and you best have them before you complete the sale otherwise the distance between the buyer/seller could create a major issue. Don't depend on all of the information being cited on the NC website so be sure to call them also.

Now that I think back their was an issue with the agency that actually issues the license plates so check with them also.
Tom D.