xfinity box with netflix

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
silentfaith

xfinity box with netflix

Post by silentfaith » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 pm

i have two boxes that give me hd in my home, the rest are just standard. i want to take these two boxes to the comcast location near me.
should i also bring the remotes? does anyone know of the additional cost for netflix on the two new boxes?

rob65

Re: xfinity box with netflix

Post by rob65 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:13 pm

The new X1 box includes a Netflix app that links to your Netflix account. You do have to have a Netflix account (edit: to use this feature). I think our Netflix account is 9.99 per month?

I would take the remotes just in case, but I don't think they need them.

Keep receipts for the returned equipment. Check your next bill carefully. I just upgraded to x1 boxes on 2 TVs and kept a dta on the third TV. They've been correctly billing the dta at 3.99, now 5.99, per month for years. After the change, my first bill is charging 9.95 for the dta. Dreading calling "customer service".

Edit: btw, even my dta gets HD channels in the digital starter package, it just doesn't get the digital prefered channels, premium channels, or on demand and only has a very basic channel guide with no search. I don't think HD boxes cost any more than SD boxes, but that might vary by market.
Last edited by rob65 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

furwut

Post by furwut » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Keep receipts for the returned equipment

Just want to expand on this.
Rule 1 - Take pictures of all returned equipment including serial numbers.
Rule 2 - *Demand* receipts for all returned equipment.
Rule 3 - Verify receipts are 100% correct - including serial nos - before leaving.
Rule 4 - Keep the receipts FOREVER. They are more vital than any tax record. :happy

These rules were all learned form personal experience - either mine or family members and friends.

Katietsu

Post by Katietsu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:33 am

You do not pay Xfinity for Netflix. If you have Xfinity X1 service AND a Netflix account, then you may use the Xfinity system to watch Netflix.

Netflix has a slightly different price depending on how many different devices you would like to be able to stream on simultaneously. You most likely would want the $9.99 a month plan.

Whether or not your Xfinity bill would go up depends on your market and your current plan. It is my understanding that some markets are now 100% X1 for everyone with a DVR.