Have you canceled cable?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
seashell

Have you canceled cable?

Post by seashell »

Right now I pay for internet/phone/cable together as a package. I was thinking of canceling the cable part and keeping phone and internet. Has anyone done this and opted for other means of watching your favorite shows? I know Amazon prime has shows and I'm not very up to date on other places to watch shows. Hulu? anywhere else?

If you've cancelled cable what has been your experience? What other services do you use to watch your favorite shows? Any advice or shared experience? Anything to consider--pros/cons? And does this actually make a difference in saving money? How much do you save?

Thanks
wilked

Re: Have you canceled cable?

Post by wilked »

neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

I dropped cable TV 9 years ago, and use a $8 antenna to watch my favorite shows. Use Fire TV for movies, sports and an occasional show.

What is a "phone"?
adamthesmythe

Post by adamthesmythe »

I have only internet (and cell phones).

Using Netflix or similar, I like (1) the absence of commercials and (2) the fact that I do not need to pay for sports.
Detroittl

Post by Detroittl »

On and off plan for 7 years. Don't currently have it. Have an antennae and Netflix. Come winter I may sign up again if there's a hot deal. Save about 70 dollars a month.
squirm

Post by squirm »

I dropped cable and went with Dish 15 years ago. No problems. $45/month.
Hef Saf

Post by Hef Saf »

Hi

My father passed away last year and he had Comcast for phone, tv, and internet. The bill was $190 and I just
saw absolutely no value in the service. I switched to Verizon DSL for internet and phone. I have Netflix and Amazon
for my tv entertainment and have been happy. Also have a digital antenna for 5 PBS channels, FOX and ABC.
Comcast had a million channels and I hardly ever found something to watch.
PS..if you're into sports I think you`ll have a hard time finding a fix for that.

Regards, Hef Saf
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

seashell wrote:Right now I pay for internet/phone/cable together as a package. I was thinking of canceling the cable part and keeping phone and internet. Has anyone done this and opted for other means of watching your favorite shows? I know Amazon prime has shows and I'm not very up to date on other places to watch shows. Hulu? anywhere else?
I cancelled cable and phone, just have internet. Ported my home number to a cell phone and then to Ooma, a VoIP solution (not sure that work around is still needed).

I watch on a combination of
1) OTA broadcasts -- I get all major networks and a bunch of other channels in lovely HD using an antenna. I live in a metro area, may not work for you
2) Netflix - excellent for TV shows, sub-par for popular movies
3) Library - can reserve online movies and get them shipped to my town library from any library in the county system :)

I use a TiVO to record OTA broadcasts as I find commercials too tedious. Only think I miss above is sports. If NFL went to cable only I'd be in more of a bind, but other sports I don't care as much about. There are also sports solutions available, and you can sign up for something (Vue, whatever) for a month here and there if you want to see playoffs/world cup/olympics/etc.
barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob »

Hulu, Amazon, and HD antenna for us. We miss some things, especially live auto racing but its not worth the price of cable (or even sling) to get them. Just started watching Le Mans on Amazon so that is satisfying the car racing fix for now.
staythecourse

Post by staythecourse »

Cancelled cable 5-6 years ago and love it. Not sure if I actually love the savings or more the fact I don't feel like they tied me down and am constantly at their mercy of what they want to charge. I hated the feeling that they "owned" me in some fashion.

Some combination of: Netflix, hulu, amazon prime, and sling will satisfy most folks needs.

Good luck.
"The stock market [fluctuation], therefore, is noise. A giant distraction from the business of investing.” | -Jack Bogle
spectec

Post by spectec »

We dropped cable about 2 years ago, and I can't imagine paying for it ever again. Our $10 antenna works just fine to get plenty of broadcast channels. If we want to watch a movie, there's Netflix, Apple TV, and a few other offerings. We're not big sports fans, so that made the decision to drop cable a no-brainer as far as we are concerned. We will watch the local pro team when it's televised locally, but there are plenty of other more productive ways to spend one's time if there's extra cost involved. Not sure what your options will be if you simply MUST spend a lot of your time & money watching adults kick, throw, dribble, dunk, strike, and otherwise play children's games at a high level.
Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it. - Will Rogers
TallBoy29er

Post by TallBoy29er »

Still have cable. Tied to cable provider for internet. Waiting and hoping for other options, eg Google Fiber.
bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 »

Most moves aren't necessarily "cutting cable", they are "down-costing". Dumping the $150 to $200 traditional cable bill for a more slice and dice approach.

1. You still need internet, 20 MB/S or higher at a reasonable price (If you are going to stream, make sure you don't have a low data usage cap)
2. You still need a device and maybe an Over The Air antenna to get local HD channels (Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV are examples)

We dropped the home phone. We dropped DirecTV (less $130/month) We switched to a better internet provider (~$43/month, saved ~$20/month).

We have Playstation Vue ($34.99/month), Netflix ($11.99/month) and Amazon Prime (already had that, but can access the Prime content better now.

We have Amazon Fire TV boxes or Sticks on each TV. I recommend the Box for speed and usability.

I don't really look at it as cutting cable, but we do pay ~$100/month less and probably have better content/features and the hardware is compact and easy to use. Less cords as everything uses Wi-Fi.
"We are here to provoke thoughtfulness, not agree with you." Unknown Boglehead
Topic Author
seashell

Post by seashell »

Thanks everybody! Lots of great ideas. And wow some of you cut phone?

It didn't even occur to me I could cut phone. If anyone wants to talk about how you manage phone, I'd be interested in hearing more.

And if anyone wants to add more I'm all ears. Thanks!
Topic Author
seashell

Post by seashell »

Is there any potential problem in cutting home phone? Anyone have any problems with just having a cell for any reason? Never thought of it before and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything. Could there be any problems in an emergency? Are you happy with your decision to cut phone? Any issue ever come up?
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

seashell wrote:Thanks everybody! Lots of great ideas. And wow some of you cut phone?

It didn't even occur to me I could cut phone. If anyone wants to talk about how you manage phone, I'd be interested in hearing more.
Look up VoIP providers like OOMA. My home phones still all work with the same phone number I had before. Has been very reliable too and has had fine quality, though if you lose internet you lose phone. But then you still have your cell phone. It costs me ~$5/month, though they do try and sell you various extras.
Lindrobe

Post by Lindrobe »

seashell wrote:Is there any potential problem in cutting home phone? Anyone have any problems with just having a cell for any reason? Never thought of it before and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything. Could there be any problems in an emergency? Are you happy with your decision to cut phone? Any issue ever come up?
I cut home phone and cable in December. So far no issues with not having a landline but husband does like to complain about it.

We went on vacation in April and father-in-law stayed at our houses with our dogs. He does not have a cell phone so I bought a cheap burner phone for him to use while he stayed at our house.
flamesabers

Post by flamesabers »

seashell wrote:Right now I pay for internet/phone/cable together as a package. I was thinking of canceling the cable part and keeping phone and internet. Has anyone done this and opted for other means of watching your favorite shows? I know Amazon prime has shows and I'm not very up to date on other places to watch shows. Hulu? anywhere else?

If you've cancelled cable what has been your experience? What other services do you use to watch your favorite shows? Any advice or shared experience? Anything to consider--pros/cons? And does this actually make a difference in saving money? How much do you save?

Thanks
I cancelled my cable service about 6 years ago. I only have Internet service.

I don't have favorite shows anymore. In the past I relied on Hulu. The catch with the free service is being subjected to commercials and having to wait 8 days after the original air date to be allowed to view episodes of a series and whatnot. I don't know if this policy has changed in the last few years.
seashell wrote:Thanks everybody! Lots of great ideas. And wow some of you cut phone?

And if anyone wants to add more I'm all ears. Thanks!
As far as phone service goes, I never had a landline. Instead I used a VOIP phone in conjunction with my cell phone. I get my service though Net Talk. I prepaid my service through 2021 or something. The price is much cheaper then what you'll get with the average cable company. The VOIP phone has good quality most of the time, but if the power or Internet goes out, so does the VOIP phone. Anytime I get voice mail messages, the message gets sent to my email account as an attachment. I find it to be a rather handy way of seeing who has left a message for me on my VOIP phone when I'm outside of my home.
spectec

Post by spectec »

I'm a little uncomfortable using "vacation", "house guest" and "burner" all in the same sentence. :)
Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it. - Will Rogers
adamthesmythe

Post by adamthesmythe »

> Is there any potential problem in cutting home phone?

The edge case is a major disaster that totally clogs the cell system. Such a disaster would probably also severely overload the 911 system.

With wired phone- I think I read that a power failure could disrupt things like phone over optical fiber (FIOS). Unpowered, copper-wired phones would still work.
weltschmerz

Post by weltschmerz »

deleted
Last edited by weltschmerz on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

In 2005, I went to cell phone only for phone
In 2008, I went to OTA antenna only for TV
In 2011, I went to OTA antenna + Netflix
In 2015, I went to OTA antenna + Netflix + Hulu

Somewhere along the way Amazon Prime Ideo got added in, but I was already an Amazon Prime member and would continue to be so even if the Video service was dropped.

So now I have Verizon cell phone service, AT&T Internet service, a tiny antenna (sized at about half a sheet of letter paper), and a Netflix + Hulu bill. I've not felt deprived.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

adamthesmythe wrote:> Is there any potential problem in cutting home phone?

The edge case is a major disaster that totally clogs the cell system. Such a disaster would probably also severely overload the 911 system.

With wired phone- I think I read that a power failure could disrupt things like phone over optical fiber (FIOS). Unpowered, copper-wired phones would still work.
FIOS has battery backup at the large unit they put in your basement. That doesn't help you if you have cordless phones, but a plug in phone would work until battery died unless there were other network issues. Copper still is more reliable in prolonged failure.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

AmericaFirst wrote:We considered it, but need cable for Fox News.
There are non-cable ways to get Fox News. It is in the most basic Playstation VUE package for example (just looked, I don't personally bother with any package currently).
Goal33

Post by Goal33 »

I haven't had a landline since 2009.
I haven't had cable tv since early 2016.
I haven't had home internet since early 2017.

I do have a iPhone with call, text, data. My neighbors internet is unsecured for the occasional conference call from home or movie stream :)
KSOC

Post by KSOC »

Lindrobe wrote:
seashell wrote:Is there any potential problem in cutting home phone? Anyone have any problems with just having a cell for any reason? Never thought of it before and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything. Could there be any problems in an emergency? Are you happy with your decision to cut phone? Any issue ever come up?
I cut home phone and cable in December. So far no issues with not having a landline but husband does like to complain about it.

We went on vacation in April and father-in-law stayed at our houses with our dogs. He does not have a cell phone so I bought a cheap burner phone for him to use while he stayed at our house.
Like others, went with Ooma. I like that I didn't have to change phone numbers to all the different services that call us at that number. Let them call the home and leave a message, instead of my cell phone. $4 a month is cheap. Was paying $36 for local to CenturyLink. With Ooma other charges inside U.S. I can check call log or voicemail anywhere I can connect.
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. | Nobody told me there'd be days like these.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

No. Cable service is part of the HOA fees for my condo. Everyone is a subscriber so Comcast basic plus costs <$40 a household.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

A landline is tied to an address. Cell phone isn't. So I think emergency calls are more precise. Not everyone can get cell service in their home. I can't.
munemaker

Post by munemaker »

I would LOVE to cancel cable and local phone service.

My wife likes the cable. She might give in and let me cancel if I could get all 3 networks reliably and she did not have to do anything special to tune them. I bought the best antenna WalMart had but could not receive all 3 reliably. I think I could with a tower, but I am not going to make that investment without knowing for sure.

Seems like 90%+ of our viewing is on the 3 major networks (NBC/ABC/CBS) plus I often have CNBC on as background noise.
We share an Amazon Prime account with relatives. There is not much on there we really like to watch, except I did enjoy the recent Grateful Dead documentary "Long Strange Trip." We also have access to Netflix, but never really see anything on there we want to watch either.

We have DSL internet through Verizon. It is reliable but expensive, and not that fast (7.5 mbs down) by today's standards. To subscribe to DSL, Verizon requires us to maintain a land line. I never answer it as it is pretty much all junk calls.

Our cable is with Armstrong, and they offer very fast internet options, but they have data caps. Cable is about $1,200 per year and that is without the premium channels (e.g. Showtime, STARS, HBO, Playboy, etc.). After finally getting rid of the data caps on our cell phones, we are not anxious to go back to data caps on cable internet.

So we stick with Armstrong Cable and Verizon DSL.

For cell service, I use Project FI (happy with it). Wife uses Verizon as she needs the coverage for her job.

Not happy with the present arrangement. Hopefully other options will open up in the near future.
dual

Post by dual »

About a year ago I cancelled my landline service and ported my number to Google Voice. Now I only have internet and an over the air antenna. I never have had cable.

I had my old phone number for about 40 years and it had become about useless because of constant spam calls. But in case someone that I have not heard from wants to call me it is still there and if they leave a message, I will get an email from Google with the transcribed message and a link to the recording. Spammers never leave messages.

For a landline phone I got an Obi200. Great system--easy to set up, took only a few minutes, reliable service, and unlike Ooma, no charges whatsoever. I got a new phone number but I only notified my family and close friends. For calls to businesses, I still use my old phone number by logging into the gmail account associated with it on a browser on my desktop computer.

I think my new phone system is a large improvement over my previous one.

One proviso is that transferring my old landline number to Google Voice was a hassle. I had to transfer the number to a cellphone and then transfer from the cellphone to Google Voice. I transferred with a one month T-mobile trial on an old cellphone but did have to pay $20 to Google to do the transfer to Voice.
iamlucky13

Post by iamlucky13 »

You'll have to decide what you actually want to watch and look to see if it's available on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, broadcast TV, etc.

The selections on each can be pretty sporadic. With Netflix, at least, you do also have the disc option for an extra fee and a 1-3 day wait, and almost every movie and it seems most TV shows end up in the disc library sooner or later.

If not, how much is keeping the ability to watch those programs really worth to you?

If you do decide to cancel, there is a chance when you call to actually change your service package that they'll offer you a better deal to keep you subscribed, so have an idea what it actually is worth to ahead of time so you don't make an impulse decision one way or the other.

To be honest, one of the bigger appeals of Netflix to me currently is all the old TV shows available to watch instantly, although we do still watch the occasional movie on there.
LiterallyIronic

Post by LiterallyIronic »

Moved out of an apartment that included home phone, cable, and Internet in the rent in 2009, so I lost the landline then. Never had one since. In that move, I moved to an apartment that included cable in the rent, but we signed up for Internet as well. Moved from that apartment in 2013 to an apartment that includes no utilities in the rent, so we haven't had cable TV since.

Now we just have Internet. Free 5Mbps Google Fiber. No Hulu, Amazon Prime, or Netflix. I do miss being able to flip through the channels, though, so next time we move, there's a good chance I'll sign up for a basic $30/month TV service. Never been a fan of the on-demand stuff - I don't know what I want to watch, I just want to flip through and pick something that's on.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

dual wrote:I had my old phone number for about 40 years and it had become about useless because of constant spam calls. But in case someone that I have not heard from wants to call me it is still there and if they leave a message, I will get an email from Google with the transcribed message and a link to the recording. Spammers never leave messages.

For a landline phone I got an Obi200. Great system--easy to set up, took only a few minutes, reliable service, and unlike Ooma, no charges whatsoever. I got a new phone number but I only notified my family and close friends. For calls to businesses, I still use my old phone number by logging into the gmail account associated with it on a browser on my desktop computer.
FYI, you can have your Obi use your Google Voice account. I did that for my mother and we got rid of her landline. So her roughly 40 year old phone number is now hosted by Google Voice. All incoming calls ring both her cell phone and her Obi simultaneously. Meanwhile, all outbound calls from her Obi use the Google Voice account, so still show up as her old landline number.
aristotelian

Post by aristotelian »

It took me years to get rid of my landline, but now I am surprised when I hear that someone has one. I haven't missed it one bit. Only phone bill is $70/month from Cricket for two lines with 4 GB each.

Also cut cable. Alternate between Netflix and Hulu depending on what we are watching, plus the occasional movie through Google Play Movies.
Toons

Post by Toons »

I cut the home phone 10 years ago,,,use cell phone Straight Talk Service.Or Google voice.
I cut the cable for the umpteenth time about 3 years ago(netflix and youtube more than suffice.)
I pay for high speed internet,,,79.95 a month,,,,I gobble up about 750 gigabyte of data a month.
Well worth it to me...in so many ways,,,business,entertainment,,etc etc,,,,
:happy
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee
SrGrumpy

Post by SrGrumpy »

seashell wrote: And wow some of you cut phone?
Not me! I like my landline, thank you. I get a low-income discount via AT&T, so it costs about $9 a month. Some banks and other institutions like a landline, e.g. I just opened a Citi account yesterday and the form specifically asked for a home phone, NOT a cell phone.

I never had cable. I found more ingenious ways of watching my favorite shows like Veep and Better Call Saul.

Internet: I cancel every 12-18 months or so when I go away for a few weeks, and then I open a new account when I return, at the introductory rate. This keeps my bill at about $35 a month, via Spectrum, fka Time Warner Cable.
Gill

Re: Have you canceled (sic) cable?

Post by Gill »

Slightly off topic, is the spelling of "Cancelled" and similar words an "age thing"? I was taught to use a double "l" and it just doesn't look right as above. I often see it both ways on TV. Just wondering...
Gill
Cost basis is redundant. One has a basis in an investment | One advises and gives advice | One should follow the principle of investing one's principal
WhiteMaxima

Post by WhiteMaxima »

I will never cut cable. I like the bandwidth of Comcast.
TravelGeek

Re: Have you canceled (sic) cable?

Post by TravelGeek »

Gill wrote:Slightly off topic, is the spelling of "Cancelled" and similar words an "age thing"? I was taught to use a double "l" and it just doesn't look right as above. I often see it both ways on TV. Just wondering...
Gill
More a geography thing :)

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/canceled-vs-cancelled/

On topic, we have OTA channels + Netflix + Prime + YouTube (e.g., watching late night comedy segments). Only cellphones. No worries. No more paying lots of money for ten sports channels and another ten shopping channels we never watch.
Last edited by TravelGeek on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Thinwallet

Post by Johnny Thinwallet »

Cancelled cable TV in April, but kept cable Internet. Now using Playstation Vue (Core Slim package) as a substitute for cable TV. We bought an Amazon Fire TV box and a TV antenna when we decided to switch to Vue.

Cable Internet + Vue is around $100 per month. I'm fine paying that. Had we kept cable TV, the total bill would have been $150+.

I haven't had a landline phone since 2005.
flamesabers

Post by flamesabers »

SrGrumpy wrote:Internet: I cancel every 12-18 months or so when I go away for a few weeks, and then I open a new account when I return, at the introductory rate. This keeps my bill at about $35 a month, via Spectrum, fka Time Warner Cable.
I think I'm too reliant on the Internet to do something like this. I use the internet for email, work, managing my finances, etc. I'm not keen on doing all of this from my smartphone and I don't think it's worth the inconvenience of relying exclusively on public wi-fi networks.
arf30

Post by arf30 »

We canceled years ago and replaced it with the usual combination of OTA antenna and streaming sites like Netflix, YouTube, HBO, Amazon etc. The big advantage of switching to streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, tablets etc is you can take your TV with you on the road or vacation.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

flamesabers wrote:
SrGrumpy wrote:Internet: I cancel every 12-18 months or so when I go away for a few weeks, and then I open a new account when I return, at the introductory rate. This keeps my bill at about $35 a month, via Spectrum, fka Time Warner Cable.
I think I'm too reliant on the Internet to do something like this. I use the internet for email, work, managing my finances, etc. I'm not keen on doing all of this from my smartphone and I don't think it's worth the inconvenience of relying exclusively on public wi-fi networks.
Either you or me are confused here flamesabers. I thought SrGrumpy was talking about home internet through Spectrum/Time Warner Cable. You seem to be talking about cellular phone service (including Internet on your phone).
flamesabers

Post by flamesabers »

BrandonBogle wrote:
flamesabers wrote:
Either you or me are confused here flamesabers. I thought SrGrumpy was talking about home internet through Spectrum/Time Warner Cable. You seem to be talking about cellular phone service (including Internet on your phone).
I meant home internet. If I didn't have internet in my home, I would probably have to use the internet on my phone a lot more.
SrGrumpy

Post by SrGrumpy »

BrandonBogle wrote:
flamesabers wrote:
To clarify. I cancel my home Internet service before I leave town for a few weeks. Obviously I don't need it during that time. When I return I call them on the old-fashioned telephone to start a new service, and I think that takes a few hours to go through - mostly setting it up at my end. I can survive without Internet for that long. We cheat a little because my wife has a data plan on her cell phone, and she would find life difficult without FB and Instagram.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

flamesabers wrote: I meant home internet. If I didn't have internet in my home, I would probably have to use the internet on my phone a lot more.
Ahh, I misunderstood. But to look for that silver lining so I have some kernel of truth, sometimes SrGrumpy cancels it while away. On my end, I've once was refused to get the new customer rate by AT&T when my current rate expired. So I scheduled a cancellation for Wednesday morning. I then filled in the request online for new service starting Wednesday afternoon. The next day, a tech called me and the conversation went something like this:

Tech: I have two orders for the same day at your address, one to disconnect service between 8-12 and one to connect service between 12-4.
Me: Yes, that is correct.
Tech: Are you doing that to get a promo rate that customer service wouldn't offer you?
Me: Yes, that is correct.
Tech: Ok. On Wednesday I'll just mark both complete if that is ok with you. No sense in going out there even once.
Me: Sounds good. Will that affect anything I need to do for service?
Tech: Nope. I see your modem's serial number in our records. I'll just copy/paste it into the new account. The modem may reboot when I do mark the work orders complete.
Me: Thanks. I appreciate it.
fsrph

Post by fsrph »

I dropped cable TV a few years ago. Use an antenna for local channels and a Sony Blu-Ray to stream. I don't miss cable altho once in a while I miss something I want to watch. It's especially difficult to view live sports except what's on the networks.

It was easier for me to drop cable because I had different providers for cable and phone/internet. If you have the same provider for tv and internet then tend to raise the price for internet alone.Not going back to cable. Bye Comcast!

Francis
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." | Dale Carnegie
neilpilot

Post by neilpilot »

SrGrumpy wrote: Not me! I like my landline, thank you. I get a low-income discount via AT&T, so it costs about $9 a month. Some banks and other institutions like a landline, e.g. I just opened a Citi account yesterday and the form specifically asked for a home phone, NOT a cell phone.
I dropped my land line 9 years ago, and have NEVER experienced an application or other institutional dealings where a land line was required. I'm sure in the past I completed a form or 2 where a home phone entry was required, and simply entered my cell #. Never an issue.

Even if I qualified for a low income discount, I wouldn't spend $9 on a land line. In fact, I'd be more inclined to spend a few $ NOT to have a land line, if indeed I was pressured into getting one. I'd expect the only calls would be from spammers and others who I really don't want to talk to.
rongos

Post by rongos »

If you're willing to cut cable, maybe you're willing to play a little game with the cable companys to cut your bill roughly in half.

Where I live, served by Time Warner/Charter/Spectrum, you can cut your cable bill in half by being a new customer again. They have promotional plans for new customers for about $49/mo plus fees (big fees), which comes with Internet and hundreds of high definition TV channels.

Cancel your service, or sign up with a competitor. After a month, you're a new customer again. If you're not with a competitor, sign up again at the promo rate. The promo rate typically lasts one year. At that time, when they raise your bill to the stratosphere again, repeat the process, or jump back to the competitor(s).

I keep cable for the news channels.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

I have never cancelled cable. Never had it.

Our internet is ADSL from the land line (i.e. phone company). I watch TV with an over-the-air reception which I guess is essentially the old-fashioned way. But we get DVDs from the library or neighbors. We use my son's Amazon Prime and Netflix, too.
Last edited by livesoft on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.