Tempurpedic Discount

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
EinAustin

Tempurpedic Discount

Post by EinAustin »

My wife and I are considering buying a Tempurpedic bed. It's always been my understanding that their prices are set and not negotiable. However when we were in the store and I asked the salesperson he said he could reduce the price by 15% but I would lose free delivery and I wouldn't get the whole value of the warranty. Essentially I would get only 85% of the warranty value.

Is anyone familiar with this or has done something similar?
dependapotamus

Re: Tempurpedic Discount

Post by dependapotamus »

I got 10% knocked off because I bought a floor model of a discontinued mattress, but no issues with the warranty or having them deliver it for the negotiated price. That was about 6 years ago.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

The mattress industry has changed a lot. You might consider one of the Internet mattresses such as Casper. Otherwise Costco gets good reviews if you have one nearby.
http://clark.com/shopping-retail/mattre ... l-quality/
bloom2708

Post by bloom2708 »

Many good options for less.

https://sleepopolis.com/mattress-reviews/

You will find Tempurpedic down the list and much more expensive.
unclescrooge

Post by unclescrooge »

All the memory foam mattress are supplied by the same company.

Go with Costco.
Topic Author
EinAustin

Post by EinAustin »

unclescrooge wrote:All the memory foam mattress are supplied by the same company.

Go with Costco.
That's a great suggestion. Just checked it out but they don't sell the type of bed we need.
unclescrooge

Post by unclescrooge »

EinAustin wrote:
unclescrooge wrote:All the memory foam mattress are supplied by the same company.

Go with Costco.
That's a great suggestion. Just checked it out but they don't sell the type of bed we need.
I'm curious, what's so special about the bed?
Topic Author
EinAustin

Post by EinAustin »

unclescrooge wrote:
EinAustin wrote:

Go with Costco.
It needs to be adjustable and a split bed (2 long twin beds vs 1 king bed) for health reasons.
unclescrooge

Post by unclescrooge »

EinAustin wrote:
unclescrooge wrote:
EinAustin wrote:

Go with Costco.
It needs to be adjustable and a split bed (2 long twin beds vs 1 king bed) for health reasons.
Ah, you will definitely not get that at Costco.
Pajamas

Post by Pajamas »

Plenty of companies make and sell split-king adjustable memory foam mattresses. It is one of those things that are common but you wouldn't think so unless you looked for them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=split+k ... m+mattress

Even Costco has some:

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?ke ... ageSize=96

Tempur-Pedic makes good but overpriced mattresses. Even so, there are some resellers. I have seen them at Bed Bath & Beyond, for instance, and they frequently have 20%-off-anything coupons available. (For many years, they had them for the asking at the customer service desk, but I don't know if that is still true or not.) A store that sells Tempur-Pedic products but doesn't have exactly what you want might be able to order it for you.

Mattresses in general have a HUGE markup. That is why there are so many mattress stores and frequent sales. I can't imagine paying full price for one even from some of the lower-cost vendors that are internet-only because even they will have $50-100 off at times.
aj76er

Post by aj76er »

Go to your local Costco and ask about Tempurpedic Road Shows. They sell previous models for about 50% off. Probably come thru once or twice a year
"Buy-and-hold, long-term, all-market-index strategies, implemented at rock-bottom cost, are the surest of all routes to the accumulation of wealth" - John C. Bogle
csm

Post by csm »

aj76er wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:36 pm Go to your local Costco and ask about Tempurpedic Road Shows. They sell previous models for about 50% off. Probably come thru once or twice a year
I know this is an old thread, but wondered if anyone has ever gone to one of Costco's Tempurpedic Events and, if so, what was the format? Did they have some mattresses to view, was there a discount from the prices on their website?

We are ready to order a Tempur bed with adjustable base from Costco that is currently on their website (not one of the current sale beds but the price seems reasonable when comparing elsewhere) and delivery is cited as 4-6 weeks. However, we see on the Costco website that they are currently advertising a Tempur event at our local store coming up.

We've stayed away from in-person visits during COVID but wondered if it is worth it to visit the store during the event and/or what to expect if we did. Should we expect a special offer vs. what is currently advertised online?
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

Also note that if buy a Tempurpedic from a store, you DO NOT GET the Tempurpedic return policy. Not sure what that policy is now, but when we got ours, it was a 90 day full refund, no questions asked return policy.

If you go through the store, you get the stores return policy.

That was a deciding factor for us.