Few days in Portland in July

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
rpgddsmd

Few days in Portland in July

Post by rpgddsmd » Sun May 14, 2017 9:15 am

I have a wedding to attend in Portland in late July. We will be arriving late on a Friday. We will have all day Saturday before the wedding and the entire day Sunday free. We are staying at the Marriott Downtown Waterfront. I was thinking something in Portland on Saturday and maybe heading to some wineries of the Willamette Valley on Sunday. I have never been to the area before. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dottie57

Re: Few days in Portland in July

Post by Dottie57 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:19 am

rpgddsmd wrote:I have a wedding to attend in Portland in late July. We will be arriving late on a Friday. We will have all day Saturday before the wedding and the entire day Sunday free. We are staying at the Marriott Downtown Waterfront. I was thinking something in Portland on Saturday and maybe heading to some wineries of the Willamette Valley on Sunday. I have never been to the area before. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Portland Oregon or Maine?

Nate79

Post by Nate79 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:38 am

A few ideas depending on what you like. Multnomah Falls is beautiful and not too far of a drive. You can eat lunch at Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood. Beautiful view up there and the drive. The ocean is only about 1.5hr away and the coast is beautiful.

A little farther is Mt St Helens which is an amazing experience.

Nate79

Post by Nate79 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:39 am

Dottie57 wrote:
rpgddsmd wrote:I have a wedding to attend in Portland in late July. We will be arriving late on a Friday. We will have all day Saturday before the wedding and the entire day Sunday free. We are staying at the Marriott Downtown Waterfront. I was thinking something in Portland on Saturday and maybe heading to some wineries of the Willamette Valley on Sunday. I have never been to the area before. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Portland Oregon or Maine?

Doubtful that Maine has a Willamette Valley with wineries but I could be wrong.

runner9

Post by runner9 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:52 am

Dottie57 wrote:Portland Oregon or Maine?

Google shows Marriott Downtown Waterfront as being in Portland, Oregon.

Ninnie

Post by Ninnie » Sun May 14, 2017 9:55 am

OP gave enough info to figure out which Portland, but you'd have to do some Googling about that valley. Portland,ME also has a Marriott on the waterfront.

texasdiver

Post by texasdiver » Sun May 14, 2017 10:50 am

Portlander here despite the handle.

Portland has an extensive bike share network and a great on-street and off-street bike trail and bike lane network for biking and walking. Here are route maps you can download to your phone. https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/39402 If you like biking you can explore most of the interesting downtown and near downtown areas by bikeshare with a $12 day pass: https://www.biketownpdx.com/ You can bike along the waterfront in each direction and to many interesting neighborhoods. There are also streetcars and light rail to let you further explore with a $5 day pass. In late July there will most likely be some kind of festival happening along the waterfront park. Seems like something is going on all summer.

Downtown Portland is best explored by foot. The blocks are tiny compared to most cities so distances are much shorter than they look like on the map if you are used to Chicago or New York City blocks. Powell's Books is always a favorite place to spend an afternoon. Probably the largest bookstore in the world. The surrounding neighborhood to the north is the Pearl District, the newly gentrified warehouse district with lots of new shops and restaurants. Washington Park and Forest Park in the hills west of downtown has rose gardens and a world class Japanese Gardens and some of the best views of Portland if you want to take photos and selfies.

If you want to get out of town on Sunday you have two good options. Lots of wineries can be found in Yamhill County to the southwest and if you drive out that way you are essentially half-way to the beach so you could easily continue down past McMinnville on Highway 18 to the beach at Pacific City, then drive up on Highway 131 to Cape Lookout and Cape Mears, two gorgeous state parks, before returning back to Portland via Tillamook and Highway 6. This route takes you through some fairly remote coastal terrain off the beaten path because the main highway US101 runs inland through this section of the coast. So you are on back roads the whole way. The bigger resort towns are generally along US101 further north or south of this section.

The other road trip option would be to drive out to the Columbia River Gorge. I'd suggest driving out on the Oregon side, taking the old scenic highway past Vista Point and Multnomah Falls and the other waterfalls. It will be very crowded out there on a July weekend and parking will be brutal but still worth seeing. Then cross over to the Washington side of the river at the Bridge of the Gods and return back to the Portland area along the old US Highway 14. There are nice hikes at Cape Horn on the Washington side if you want a day hike. And you can still get in your wineries tour in the Columbia River Gorge. There are lots of wineries out there on both sides of the river, although they aren't as big or famous as the ones in Yamhill County. http://www.columbiagorgewine.com/wineriesvineyards.html

You can't do both road trips in one day so you'll have to pick one or the other. Either one is spectacular.

Isabelle77

Post by Isabelle77 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm also from the PDX area.

Agree with texasdiver about the Columbia Gorge. I prefer the Hood River loop wineries over the Willamette Valley wineries, not really because of the wine but I think the area is nicer and it's never crowded. Stop by Multnomah Falls on the way out to Hood River, have lunch in town and pick up a winery map. In July you'll have lovely weather.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Ninnie wrote:OP gave enough info to figure out which Portland, but you'd have to do some Googling about that valley. Portland,ME also has a Marriott on the waterfront.

:)

It is fairly easy to add the state abbrev so am pointing out there are two fairly well known Portlands. I've been to the eastern one several times.

letsgobobby

Post by letsgobobby » Sun May 14, 2017 9:38 pm

last weekend in Juy is the craft brew festival, big and crowded. will impact restaurant seating, etc. make reservations.

Watty

Post by Watty » Mon May 15, 2017 6:40 am

Isabelle77 wrote:I'm also from the PDX area.

Agree with texasdiver about the Columbia Gorge. I prefer the Hood River loop wineries over the Willamette Valley wineries, not really because of the wine but I think the area is nicer and it's never crowded. Stop by Multnomah Falls on the way out to Hood River, have lunch in town and pick up a winery map. In July you'll have lovely weather.

Another +1 on the Columbia Gorge, it is a really a unique place.

The geology is complex but a large part of it was formed at the end of the last ice age which was only about 15,000 years ago. The glaciers formed barriers and lakes the size of the great lakes formed. Eventually the ice dam would break and send fast moving floods of water hundreds of feet high down the Columbia Gorge. This happened many times and left the steep cliffs which is why there are so many waterfalls there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missoula_Floods

The Bridge of the Gods also has an interesting story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_of ... and_bridge)

Multnomah falls is worth stopping at and will be crowded because it is right on the highway but there are also lots of waterfalls other than that which will require anywhere from a short walk to a moderate hike to get to. If you take the Columbia Gorge Scenic Highway you will be able to drive right to a number of waterfalls. It is more of an early 1900's windy road than an actual "highway".

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... regon.html

A surprising number of car ads are filmed on that scenic highway.

I would get up early and drive out the scenic highway before it gets busy and then drive back on the interstate late in the day.

If you are up for a hike Beacon rock is one of my favorite hikes. It is moderately strenuous and about 45 minutes up an amazing set of switchbacks with good handrails to get to the top.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... ngton.html

On the way back you can stop at Bonneville dam for half an hour to see the windows in the fish ladder to see fish going upstream. In July you should be able to see some but it will not be at the peak.

If you go all the way to Hood River you can see windsurfers on the river, or with some advance planning you could take lessons.

It is also possible to return by coming back around the south side on Mt. Hood. That would be a long drive so you would need to consider that if you that if you decide to go that way.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Mon May 15, 2017 8:14 am

It depends on whether you are going to be an active vacationer or a passive vacationer.

Active: Arrive at PDX, unbox your bicycle, then ride it up to Hoo Driver. With the wind at your back, you should be able to ride up the Columbia River Gorge and reach your destination in about 3 hours.

Passive: Take the shuttle to the rental car place, drive up the Columbia River Gorge, ....
This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

j0nnyg1984

Post by j0nnyg1984 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:32 pm

since everyone else already covered the nice cultural things to do, let me say: do not go to voodoo doughnuts. don't be that tourist :mrgreen:

EddyB

Post by EddyB » Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Dottie57 wrote:
Ninnie wrote:OP gave enough info to figure out which Portland, but you'd have to do some Googling about that valley. Portland,ME also has a Marriott on the waterfront.

It is fairly easy to add the state abbrev so am pointing out there are two fairly well known Portlands. I've been to the eastern one several times.

True. I always wonder, "New York or Kansas?" when people just say "Manhattan," too.

Having spent long portions of my life living relatively nearby the big Portlands, I'm pretty sure that outside the vicinity of Portland, ME, "Portland," on its own, means Portland, OR.

letsgobobby

Post by letsgobobby » Mon May 15, 2017 8:59 pm

j0nnyg1984 wrote:since everyone else already covered the nice cultural things to do, let me say: do not go to voodoo doughnuts. don't be that tourist :mrgreen:

but do go to Blue Star donuts. There's now one at PDX, open relatively late, so you don't even have to stand in a long line.

Renovated Japanese Garden
breweries and I kind of like the more elaborate McMenamins like Edgefield and Kennedy School
wineries including urban wineries in Portland
distilleries
coffee
food of all kinds including food carts
Try to catch a Timbers or Thorns soccer game in Soccer City USA (best place in the world to watch women's soccer)
walk around any number of the great walking neighborhoods - Alberta, Hawthorne, Nob Hill, Division/Clinton, the Pearl
rent a car for the day and maybe do the Hood River/Fruit Loop/Mt Hood loop. Prime fruit season, you'll see the river and the mountains, glaciers and forests.

Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:17 pm

EddyB wrote:
Dottie57 wrote:

True. I always wonder, "New York or Kansas?" when people just say "Manhattan," too.

Having spent long portions of my life living relatively nearby the big Portlands, I'm pretty sure that outside the vicinity of Portland, ME, "Portland," on its own, means Portland, OR.

Wasn't hard adding OR to Portland was it? Maybe some people assume Oregon. But I know people from the eastern U.S. who would not.

rpgddsmd

Post by rpgddsmd » Mon May 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Thanks for all the good responses. Yes, Portland OR. Sorry for the confusion. Live in Dallas, TEXAS so will be looking forward to the not 100 degree weather in Oregon and trying some Pinot Noirs.

chefann

Post by chefann » Mon May 15, 2017 11:09 pm

You could visit Dallas, Oregon, while you are here... :wink:

texasdiver

Post by texasdiver » Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 pm

EddyB wrote:
Dottie57 wrote:

I attended Reed College in Portland in the 1980s where there was also a large contingent of wealthy worldly New York intellectual type students who would always talk about "The City" as if there was only one actual city in the US and the rest was just hinterland and wilderness. I remember us local middle class northwesterner kids found it very pretentious and annoying.

Nate79

Post by Nate79 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 pm

If you are fascinated by homeless tent cities then you are in luck. We've got a lot of them....

anoop

Post by anoop » Mon May 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Nate79 wrote:If you are fascinated by homeless tent cities then you are in luck. We've got a lot of them....

Is there any major city that doesn't have these?

MichaelRpdx

Post by MichaelRpdx » Tue May 16, 2017 12:16 am

If it's the weekend of the 28th the Oregon Brewers Festival will be in full swing. Pro Tip: arrive as soon as they open. Anything later and you'll spend your time waiting in line.

The Japanese Garden is rated as the best outside of Japan - highly recommended. The Chinese Gardens are more easily accessible from your hotel and very nice also.

I'm surprised no one yet has mentioned Powell's City of Books. A full city block and three stories tall, it's a shrine to the printed page. Get a map on your way in.

For wine ... boy it's a tough call to choose between the Urban Wineries Tour (or get a distillery row passport if you like spirits), out to the valley as you mentioned, or as recommended take in the Gorge, Multnomah Falls, and the slopes of Mt. Hood with the Mt. Hood loop. All of the options here are wonderful.

Do you have special food interests? Portland has overwhelming variety.
Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity

anonenigma

Post by anonenigma » Tue May 16, 2017 12:53 am

Watty wrote:
Isabelle77 wrote:I'm also from the PDX area.

Another +1 on the Columbia Gorge, it is a really a unique place.

The geology is complex but a large part of it was formed at the end of the last ice age which was only about 15,000 years ago. The glaciers formed barriers and lakes the size of the great lakes formed. Eventually the ice dam would break and send fast moving floods of water hundreds of feet high down the Columbia Gorge. This happened many times and left the steep cliffs which is why there are so many waterfalls there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missoula_Floods

The Bridge of the Gods also has an interesting story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_of ... and_bridge)

Multnomah falls is worth stopping at and will be crowded because it is right on the highway but there are also lots of waterfalls other than that which will require anywhere from a short walk to a moderate hike to get to. If you take the Columbia Gorge Scenic Highway you will be able to drive right to a number of waterfalls. It is more of an early 1900's windy road than an actual "highway".

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... regon.html

A surprising number of car ads are filmed on that scenic highway.

I would get up early and drive out the scenic highway before it gets busy and then drive back on the interstate late in the day.

If you are up for a hike Beacon rock is one of my favorite hikes. It is moderately strenuous and about 45 minutes up an amazing set of switchbacks with good handrails to get to the top.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... ngton.html

On the way back you can stop at Bonneville dam for half an hour to see the windows in the fish ladder to see fish going upstream. In July you should be able to see some but it will not be at the peak.

If you go all the way to Hood River you can see windsurfers on the river, or with some advance planning you could take lessons.

It is also possible to return by coming back around the south side on Mt. Hood. That would be a long drive so you would need to consider that if you that if you decide to go that way.

Agree with texasdriver and watty. En route from Portland, another place to stop for lunch is Edgefield (https://www.mcmenamins.com/edgefield), an interesting place. Also, before you get to Vista House, be sure to stop for a few minutes to appreciate the view from the Portland Women's Forum. This is an incredibly beautiful area.

catdude

Post by catdude » Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 am

MichaelRpdx wrote:I'm surprised no one yet has mentioned Powell's City of Books. A full city block and three stories tall, it's a shrine to the printed page. Get a map on your way in.

Another vote for Powell's (located at 10th & West Burnside). A must-see place if you're a book lover.
catdude | | “The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.” (Mark Twain)

JupiterJones

Post by JupiterJones » Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 am

MichaelRpdx wrote:I'm surprised no one yet has mentioned Powell's City of Books.

Texasdiver did, a few posts up. But it bears seconding (and thirding, and fourthing...) If you do just one thing in Portland, that's the thing. No place else like it.

I'll also add my vote to the recommendations of the Japanese Gardens (and the nearby Rose Test Gardens) and Multnomah Falls (the hike to the top is tough but totally worth it).

Since the OP will be there on a Saturday, I say check out the Saturday Market.

Willamette Valley is great if you're into wine (and Pinot Noirs especially). But if you're in Portland with just a day-and-a-half to spend, I'd just stay in the city. Trying to split the trip into a "city part" and a "wine country part" will likely give short shrift to both.

That said, if you do wind up heading down there, I highly recommend Red Hills Market in Dundee for a quick-and-tasty lunch stop.
Stay on target...

gkaplan

Post by gkaplan » Tue May 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Annie Blooms is another good Portland bookstore.

http://www.annieblooms.com/
Gordon

Post by 2015 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm

I leave day after tomorrow (Friday), taking the Amtrak Coastliner from LAX union station to PDX. Staying about a week in Portland. I've been wanting to take the Coastliner for about 20 years.

SheReadsHere719

Post by SheReadsHere719 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Food recommendations + a few activity recommendations at the end:

Brunch:
Jam on Hawthorne
Pine State Biscuit
Screen Door
Tasty n' Alder

Drink:
Multnomah Whiskey Library
Cascade Brewery (a must for sour beer lovers)
Rogue Brewery
Deschutes Brewery

Casual Eats:
LOTS of food trucks - fave is the Nong's Khao Man Gai
Pok Pok/Whiskey Soda Lounge
Lardo + Grassa (co-owned and next door)
Olympia Provisions
Oven & Shaker Pizza

Nicer Eats:
Ava Gene's
Renata
Irving Street Kitchen

Treats:
Blue Star Donuts
Salt n' Straw
Stumptown Coffee

Activities:
Powell's Books + The Pearl District
International Rose test garden (free) + Japanese garden (nominal admission fee)
Waterfront
OHSU Tram
Multnomah Falls hike
shopping downtown; there's Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Nike, etc. + no sales tax

gkaplan

Post by gkaplan » Thu May 18, 2017 8:16 pm

I'll second the recommendation for Tasty n' Alder, because my niece is a sous-chef there, but also because it's highly regarded.

I'll also recommend Gracie's in the Hotel Deluxe in Goose Hollow, although I've only eaten breakfast there. The food is good, as is the ambience.
Gordon

GerryL

Post by GerryL » Thu May 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Columbia Gorge is wonderful. (I tell people it got it's name because it is Gorge-ous.) If you're willing to spend much of your Sunday in your car -- rather than communing with nature -- doing the circle east through the Gorge and then up around Mount Hood to Timberline and then back down the mountain and westward to Portland is a daytrip with lots of fabulous scenery and time for a few stops. (I recommend this direction because going first to Mount Hood then west through the Gorge may result in driving through it with the late afternoon sun in your eyes.)
The recommendations for a daytrip out to the coast are also winners.
Your hotel is centrally located, so you can spend Saturday on foot. Don't even need to take light rail (MAX) or the street car unless you want to. All-day ticket is $5 (if you're under 65). Walk or ride across the new Tillikum Bridge to explore the river walk on both sides of the Willamette. Lots of bridges to walk across, but no cars allowed on the newest bridge.

texasdiver

Post by texasdiver » Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 pm

GerryL wrote:Columbia Gorge is wonderful. (I tell people it got it's name because it is Gorge-ous.) If you're willing to spend much of your Sunday in your car -- rather than communing with nature -- doing the circle east through the Gorge and then up around Mount Hood to Timberline and then back down the mountain and westward to Portland is a daytrip with lots of fabulous scenery and time for a few stops. (I recommend this direction because going first to Mount Hood then west through the Gorge may result in driving through it with the late afternoon sun in your eyes.)
The recommendations for a daytrip out to the coast are also winners.
Your hotel is centrally located, so you can spend Saturday on foot. Don't even need to take light rail (MAX) or the street car unless you want to. All-day ticket is $5 (if you're under 65). Walk or ride across the new Tillikum Bridge to explore the river walk on both sides of the Willamette. Lots of bridges to walk across, but no cars allowed on the newest bridge.

Or for a much shorter loop, cross the river at Hood River and return back on the Washington side on Highway 14 which is a winding scenic 2-lane with lots of equally interesting viewpoints and parks to visit and some cute towns such as White Salmon and Stevenson where there are good brewpubs and dining options. Especially in July when the tourist attractions on the Oregon side will be mobbed and the Washington side will be a breath of fresh air.

forevernaive

Post by forevernaive » Thu May 18, 2017 11:36 pm

+1. This person knows her Portland.

I'd only add:

(1) Eat at Pok Pok, if you like Thai. Great, authentic northern Thai cusine.
(2) Eat at Nicholas Cafe if you like Middle Eastern food.
(3) If you like ice cream, Salt and Straw is amazing. Go before 9:00 pm or the line will be around the block on a weekend evening.
(4) The Rose Garden and Japanese Garden will be hot in July. Go early. I prefer hiking above it in Forest Park.
(5) Powell's Bookstore is a must visit, but Portland also has beautifully restored old cinemas showing indie films. Grab a microbrew and slice of pizza at concessions and enjoy them in the movie. I especially like the Hollywood Theater, but it depends on what's playing where.

SheReadsHere719 wrote:Food recommendations + a few activity recommendations at the end:

Brunch:
Jam on Hawthorne
Pine State Biscuit
Screen Door
Tasty n' Alder

Drink:
Multnomah Whiskey Library
Cascade Brewery (a must for sour beer lovers)
Rogue Brewery
Deschutes Brewery

Casual Eats:
LOTS of food trucks - fave is the Nong's Khao Man Gai
Pok Pok/Whiskey Soda Lounge
Lardo + Grassa (co-owned and next door)
Olympia Provisions
Oven & Shaker Pizza

Nicer Eats:
Ava Gene's
Renata
Irving Street Kitchen

Treats:
Blue Star Donuts
Salt n' Straw
Stumptown Coffee

Activities:
Powell's Books + The Pearl District
International Rose test garden (free) + Japanese garden (nominal admission fee)
Waterfront
OHSU Tram
Multnomah Falls hike
shopping downtown; there's Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Nike, etc. + no sales tax

iamlucky13

Post by iamlucky13 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:27 am

Portland is a quirky city. If you want a low key exposure to it combined with knick knack shopping and a nice river stroll, visit the Saturday market on the waterfront and have lunch from one of the vendors there, or from the food carts elsewhere in the city.

If you end up needing a late night snack, Voodoo donuts is very popular because, again, Portland is quirky.

The Japanese gardens are definitely very nice, but I wouldn't call them a must see attraction of Portland.

The Gorge is absolutely worth the drive, and despite the crowds, Multnomah Falls and historic highway with the Crown Point Vista House are signature sites.

The wineries are also very worthwhile. Which to go for depends on your preferences. If you go winery touring, although I haven't done that much, one attraction of the McMinneville area in particular (at least for nerds like me, although my wife also thought it was really cool) is the Spruce Goose, which is on display at the Evergreen Aviation Museum. The best Pinot Noir's I've had come from the Willamette Valley.

There's plenty of dining of various levels in Portland. One mid-price restaurant I like because it's well representative of Portland's beer scene is Henry's Tavern - 100 different beers on tap. Rogue, Deschutes, Rock Bottom, and Widmer were other brewpubs I consistently enjoyed in Portland.

If you want more of Portland's quirkiness, I'm personally a bit enamored by Montage and the numerous forms of gourmet macaroni and cheese on their menu. It's hidden from prominence under the Morrison Bridge across the river. I admit it's been 6-7 years since I've been there, and I don't know if it's changed in that time like the neighborhood has been. A more mainstream restaurant for a light taste of Portland quirkiness is McMenamin's. The food is usually mediocre and the beer only rates as good (compared to numerous great options in Portland), but the whimsical decor and ambiance are a big part of what has allowed them to grow into a chain of dozens of pubs and restaurants.The downtown locations are smaller, but Kennedy School in NE Portland is a novel experience. If you're on your way back from the Gorge, McMenamin's Edgefield is similar in scale and won't be too far off your path. If you're out in wine country, you have the option of changing the pace with a visit to either the Forest Grove Grand Lodge or McMinneville Hotel Oregon.

MichaelRpdx

Post by MichaelRpdx » Fri May 19, 2017 10:21 am

Have we persuaded you to extend your time in Portland yet?

letsgobobby

Post by letsgobobby » Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 am

iamlucky13 wrote:
The Japanese gardens are definitely very nice, but I wouldn't call them a must see attraction of Portland.

The Japanese Garden was recently renovated and is considered one of the best in the world outside Japan. Not for everyone, but a noteworthy site. It was good even before the renovation.

MP123

Post by MP123 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:21 pm

In addition to the Japanese garden there's a Chinese garden right in downtown and easier to get to. It's a pleasant oasis in the city and doesn't take nearly the time that the Japanese garden does.

The Saturday market on the river is a good time if you're a shopper, there's also a Farmers market at PSU not far from your hotel on Saturdays if you're a foodie.

Staying at the Marriott and only having a day and a half free I wouldn't bother renting a car. Plenty to do right in the area and the public transport is excellent.

MichaelRpdx

Post by MichaelRpdx » Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 pm

In the food world PDX Eater has a large number of "Best of ..." map posts. Like this one
https://pdx.eater.com/maps/portlands-best-classic-restaurants