How to transport pickup truck from orlando, Fl to new hampshire

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Jane

How to transport pickup truck from orlando, Fl to new hampshire

Post by Jane » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 pm

I am having difficulty finding reasonable, reliable transport for vehicle from orlando to New Hampshire. The brokers quote a price that seem to become bogus. The brokers all use the same transportation companies and then the transporters are not available and the prices change to higher amount. Suggestions?

daveydoo

Re: How to transport pickup truck from orlando, Fl to new hampshire

Post by daveydoo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Years ago, we used a service that rented (?) the car to vacationers/travelers who needed one-way long-distance transportation. For the car-owner (us), I think it was free or nearly so. The driver and family were generally careful although they treated it about as well as you'd treat a 2500-mile cross-country rental. For my car, it was fine. We shipped my spouse's car :happy
"I mean, it's one banana, Michael...what could it cost? Ten dollars?"

stats99

Post by stats99 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:59 pm

I used Prostar auto transport to send my sons car from Nj to California. I did a bunch of research and at end of day these guys were expensive but get the job done for the price quoted. Others start you with a low price and either start up charging or you take a risk with the car getting there. Good luck.

John Z

Post by John Z » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:12 pm

As an aging snowbird wintering in Daytona Beach but living in southern NH, our days of driving back and forth are nearing an end to where we will want our vehicle transported. I was given this company's name from someone in our condo who uses them and I would be calling them in the future. They do not broker the job but actually pick up, transport and deliver, I was told. Worth a call.

Chip's Car Transport
295 Union St.
East Walpole, MA 02032
508-660-8900 (Paula)

Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Does anyone have a rough estimate of cost per mile for vehicle shipping?

Looking around the country for deals on AutoTrader but we've always just driven our car with moves (or flown out to pick up new cars and driven them back) -- curious as to economics of shipping.

stats99

Post by stats99 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 pm

$1400 for cross country

fishboat

Post by fishboat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Jane wrote: Suggestions?
Make me an offer I can't refuse and I'll do it. Retired, spotless driving record, no accidents in the last 44 years.

Jane

Post by Jane » Sat May 20, 2017 2:44 am

I arranged for transportation of the pickup truck with Chip's Car Transport suggested by John Z. Chips' was the most expensive quote-$1345 from Orlando Florida to Plymouth, New Hampshire. The transportation was paid with a money order upon arrival in Plymouth, New Hampshire. The vehicle was picked up a day early, April 8 and taken to Apopka, Florida, where it was loaded and transported the following day. The driver asked if it was acceptable to pick the vehicle up a day early. Extra automobile insurance was purchased to cover anything that the transportation service transportation did not cover. In retrospect, the extra insurance probably wasn't necessary, but the insurance bought peace of mind. The driver was kind. He took his time and explained everything. I would recommend this service. Thanks to all for your help. a special thanks to John Z.