Which sonicare toothbrush do you recommend?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
seashell

Which sonicare toothbrush do you recommend?

Post by seashell »

I'm thinking about buying a sonicate toothbrush. It seems like there are many different models and various price ranges.

Which sonicare toothbrush do you recommend? Can you share your experience with this toothbrush and various models?

Are the more expensive ones worth it, and is there a price point at which anything more expensive isn't really any better but just bells and whistles that
aren't necessary?

Any opinions very welcome.

Thank you.
rashad3000

Re: Which sonicare toothbrush do you recommend?

Post by rashad3000 »

The Essence will work just fine.
F150HD

Post by F150HD »

seashell wrote:I'm thinking about buying a sonicate toothbrush. It seems like there are many different models and various price ranges.

Which sonicare toothbrush do you recommend? Can you share your experience with this toothbrush and various models?

Are the more expensive ones worth it, and is there a price point at which anything more expensive isn't really any better but just bells and whistles that
aren't necessary?

Any opinions very welcome.

Thank you.
Lotsa reading in your future figuring out which one.

I looked at this and the OralB. Each had plus/minuses and are both good quality....one thing that sold me on the Oral B was that the motor pulse 'dips' every 30 seconds so you know to move on to a diff part of the mouth. I find it very handy to have.

Good luck.
Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.
musselpoint

Post by musselpoint »

I recently purchased the cheapest Sonicare - I think $49.95 before a $10 off coupon - at Walmart. It seems to do the trick, and is automatically programmed with the 'pulse' after 30 seconds.
bertilak

Post by bertilak »

I got the cheapest Series 2. I think ALL the more expensive ones are the same except (I think) for two things:
  1. More blinking lights.
  2. Accessories that are mostly ignore-able. One useful item would be the missing travel case but a Ziploc bag can do the job.
One other thing at least one of the more expensive models has is a fancier brush head, but that's a consumable you can get just about anywhere. Otherwise the mechanics are the same for all.

I got this one but paid even less because it was on sale for 50% off: https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Sonicare ... 1493418611. I like it better than the Oral-B it replaced.

There is a cheaper version that is recognizable by its clunkier brush heads but I wouldn't bother with that one.
May neither drought nor rain nor blizzard disturb the joy juice in your gizzard. -- Squire Omar Barker (aka S.O.B.), the Cowboy Poet
FraggleRock

Sonicare toothbrush

Post by FraggleRock »

The cheap one.
Ours is it at least 15 years old.
Works great, less filling.
sunnywindy

Post by sunnywindy »

I ended up buying an expensive one because it had a USB port that I could use for extended traveling abroad. It works exactly the same as my older and much cheaper one, so I'd recommend going cheap. Of course, I never used the USB feature, either!